Reaction score
Bobblehead":341xwspx said:
I wonder if M's would do this
Segura
Gamel
Haniger
Cano
Cruz

Welcome to the M's E White. Sounds like a Seahawk type of player that can play anywhere.
Yeah a 1st baseman with 5 tools. Read the Baseball America scouting report and they said he was 4.0 to first he might be able to knock that down to a 3.9. Watching a fast 1st basemen at the MLB level will seem odd.

Some scouts are saying he may project to the outfield while other are saying his defense is so good you should keep him at 1st, while others see him in a Erstad type role 1B/OF.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Be nice to save some of that slugging for other days, but, I guess you get em while you can.

OP
OP
Sports Hernia

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
They usually struggle scoring the runs the night after they score a bunch for some reason,
Let's hope that trend stops.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Mariners announce naming rights with Safeco not being renewed.

DCNw p6XYAQiclk

Chapow

Reaction score
Thepeelsessions":ee5ii67g said:
I have a bad feeling that this series will lead into yet another run of offensive ineptitude.

How bout now? 14 runs on 19 hits one day after your bad feeling...

J.A. Happ? Really? Unbelievable.

I guess you haven't noticed, but J.A. Happ has been pretty damn good since his short time with the M's. He won 20 games and finished 6th in AL Cy Young voting last season. He's most definitely not the scrub that you are implying he is.

I'll be damned if Gallardo is on the roster by this time next week. With Felix coming back, he should be DFA'd. 2-2 in the first against Minny. He doesn't even look like Tacoma Rainier material.

Damn man. Hopefully you watched the rest of the game. Gallardo settled down and had a pretty good outing after the 1st inning. Quite frankly, we'd probably be in even worse shape than we are without Gallardo. This team lost 80% of it's starting rotation. Felix, Pax, Kuma, Smyly, and Miranda. That was supposed to be our rotation. The M's have had to fill 4 of those spots with other guys for most of the season. Someone has to start games and when you lose so many guys at once, you're probably not going to be starting a bunch of studs. I don't think Gallardo is great, maybe not even good, but we could have done worse considering the situation this team was put in. You just seem so hypercritical of every single thing that doesn't go absolutely perfect with this team. Do you expect this team to have 9 quality starting pitchers? Do you think Gallardo would be part of the starting rotation if we hadn't lost 80% of it? Could you at least give these players and this team a little credit when they play well instead of only commenting when you're unhappy about something? Your only thoughts on a game they won 14-3 is that Gallardo sucks and should be DFA'd?

For the most part, this team has been playing awfully well lately. Try to enjoy it instead of focusing and obsessing on every little thing that doesn't go perfectly.

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
Chapow":2gl5w1w6 said:
Thepeelsessions":2gl5w1w6 said:
I have a bad feeling that this series will lead into yet another run of offensive ineptitude.

How bout now? 14 runs on 19 hits one day after your bad feeling...

J.A. Happ? Really? Unbelievable.

I guess you haven't noticed, but J.A. Happ has been pretty damn good since his short time with the M's. He won 20 games and finished 6th in AL Cy Young voting last season. He's most definitely not the scrub that you are implying he is.

I'll be damned if Gallardo is on the roster by this time next week. With Felix coming back, he should be DFA'd. 2-2 in the first against Minny. He doesn't even look like Tacoma Rainier material.

Damn man. Hopefully you watched the rest of the game. Gallardo settled down and had a pretty good outing after the 1st inning. Quite frankly, we'd probably be in even worse shape than we are without Gallardo. This team lost 80% of it's starting rotation. Felix, Pax, Kuma, Smyly, and Miranda. That was supposed to be our rotation. The M's have had to fill 4 of those spots with other guys for most of the season. Someone has to start games and when you lose so many guys at once, you're probably not going to be starting a bunch of studs. I don't think Gallardo is great, maybe not even good, but we could have done worse considering the situation this team was put in. You just seem so hypercritical of every single thing that doesn't go absolutely perfect with this team. Do you expect this team to have 9 quality starting pitchers? Do you think Gallardo would be part of the starting rotation if we hadn't lost 80% of it? Could you at least give these players and this team a little credit when they play well instead of only commenting when you're unhappy about something? Your only thoughts on a game they won 14-3 is that Gallardo sucks and should be DFA'd?

For the most part, this team has been playing awfully well lately. Try to enjoy it instead of focusing and obsessing on every little thing that doesn't go perfectly.
Me only posting when the M's lose is completely false. Who cares what Happ did last year? He's been awful this year. 2017 Happ shutting out the Mariners should never happen. Going into that Game, his ERA was like 5.3, and he'd given up 8 HRs over 25 innings. I made that Gallardo comment in the first inning, when he'd just given up 2 runs without recording an out. Yes, I spoke too soon. And yes, that was probably his best start this year. But, given the circumstances, when you have guys like Bergman and Gaviglio stepping up and earning a role on this team and Gallardo the $11 million dollar man, squandering his opportunity, very badly, he deserves to be demoted. I'm thrilled this team is once again, a game below .500. And I'm thrilled that guys like Gamel, Haniger, Heredia, Z, Valencia, and most of the bullpen are putting their big boy pants on.

You and I never agree on much, so how about we just continue to agree to disagree.

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
Jason Churchill just tweeted out a really cool factoid that illustrates just how good Mike Zunino has been of late ...

[tweet]https://twitter.com/ProspectInsider/status/874726643855536128[/tweet]

How's that for a change, eh? Keep it up Zunino!! Hopefully this new and improved version will last. :2thumbs:

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
Hawkscanner":1r9x87h0 said:
Jason Churchill just tweeted out a really cool factoid that illustrates just how good Mike Zunino has been of late ...

[tweet]https://twitter.com/ProspectInsider/status/874726643855536128[/tweet]

How's that for a change, eh? Keep it up Zunino!! Hopefully this new and improved version will last. :2thumbs:

He's on a roll! Sure hope it continues. He's got a little more leg lift in his swing now and when he times it right, he blasts it. I think his hands are a little higher now too. Edgar has definitely influenced him as his swing resembles him more and more.

Unfortunately Bergman had his worst start of his career tonight.

On a random note, anyone else notice how well Dyson has been swinging lately? He's on a tear. I wonder if it'll be a straight platoon with him and Heredia now?

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
Bobblehead":1ta3j9p6 said:
M's are going to win this game.

It's still early-keep chipping away and with our lineup now, they could certainly make it interesting.

sutz

Reaction score
E31

I guess that's how it goes when you have a bunch of young pitchers in the pen.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
M's are going to win this game.

..LOL, well maybe not.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
Well...that game was distasteful.

M's pitchers tonight (not counting Ruiz' courtesy inning) gave up 19 runs and 26 hits in 7 innings. Our offense got 14 hits and we still lost by 13 runs. Well that's not good.

Just move on to tomorrow. Gaviglio v. Ervin Santana. Should be a good one.

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1sr7rc7e said:

DCNw p6XYAQiclk

Hopefully the start to remove the stench of loser with this franchise. New owners, GM coach, coach in the last couple of years and now a new stadium name. I would love them to update the logo which is pretty uninspiring, heck at this point even renaming the team. For a team that's 40 plus years old, there's only been a few great seasons to talk about with the Mariners.

Feel like when the Seahawks updated their logo it was a kind of rebirth for the team. Hopefully the same can happen with the m's.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Just how good is Gamel at the lead off spot, it's going to be interesting when Segura comes back. He just seems to hit a lot better on the top of the order..
Next thing you know, we're going to have Zunino behind Cruz.... nah, let sleeping dogs lie.

M's hoping Segura is back next week.. seems he's running and now taking batting practice... fantastic news.

dumbrabbit

Reaction score
Glasgow Seahawk":k1o5scv6 said:
Sgt. Largent":k1o5scv6 said:

DCNw p6XYAQiclk

Hopefully the start to remove the stench of loser with this franchise. New owners, GM coach, coach in the last couple of years and now a new stadium name. I would love them to update the logo which is pretty uninspiring, heck at this point even renaming the team. For a team that's 40 plus years old, there's only been a few great seasons to talk about with the Mariners.

Feel like when the Seahawks updated their logo it was a kind of rebirth for the team. Hopefully the same can happen with the m's.

What's not to like about the logo? It's history. Team tradition. It symbolizes Seattle baseball. I don't care if it's not inspiring or not, I love the S logo. I'm cool with Safeco field getting a name change though.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
Bobblehead":1q9sgzeo said:
Just how good is Gamel at the lead off spot, it's going to be interesting when Segura comes back. He just seems to hit a lot better on the top of the order..
Next thing you know, we're going to have Zunino behind Cruz.... nah, let sleeping dogs lie.

M's hoping Segura is back next week.. seems he's running and now taking batting practice... fantastic news.

That's such good news about Segura! So promising he's ahead of schedule.

For the lineup when Segura's back, what would you think about Gamel hitting 2nd, Haniger 5th and dropping Seager to 6th? Valencia 7th, Zunino 8th, Heredia/Dyson 9th?

And a great win tonight! Bats came alive again. Miranda can get us the series win tomorrow. (Early game-10 Pacific, Noon central)

gowazzu02

Reaction score
West TX Hawk":31pnz0ru said:
Bobblehead":31pnz0ru said:

That's such good news about Segura! So promising he's ahead of schedule.

For the lineup when Segura's back, what would you think about Gamel hitting 2nd, Haniger 5th and dropping Seager to 6th? Valencia 7th, Zunino 8th, Heredia/Dyson 9th?

And a great win tonight! Bats came alive again. Miranda can get us the series win tomorrow. (Early game-10 Pacific, Noon central)

You have to keep Haniger in the two spot. Guys been unbelievable there. you ride that out as long as possible.

Segura, Mitchy the kid, Cano, Cruz, Seags, Gamel, Valencia, Zunino, Dyson/Heredia
That is one heck of a line up.

Latest posts