2018 Seahawks Depth Chart, Roster Moves, Cap Position

Danny Darko

Reaction score
Don't forget Sherm for Dez

[tweet]https://twitter.com/AdamScheftard/status/971455273213636609[/tweet]

Edit: the twitter account reporting that as Adam Looks fake to me... doesn't mean it's not true but the one sighted as twitter top news shows 500 followers.

toffee

Reaction score
Bennett is gone, Sherman is following, Jimmy may be next. Let's assume without Bennett, Sherman, Jimmy, what will our cap be? How much do we have to sign our next corp of players?

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
News, and fake news.

Will hold off on the Sheman report until more is known.

m Schefter

@AdamSchefter
Here it goes: Seahawks are trading DE Michael Bennett and a seventh-round pick to Eagles for a fifth-round pick and WR Marcus Johnson, sources tell ESPN.

updated now

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
toffee":2jpjows7 said:
Bennett is gone, Sherman is following, Jimmy may be next. Let's assume without Bennett, Sherman, Jimmy, what will our cap be? How much do we have to sign our next corp of players?

The team will get about $2.2 mill back for Bennett, $11 mil for Sherman and zip for Graham who is a FA.

original poster

Reaction score
jammerhawk":2r33zj6t said:
toffee":2r33zj6t said:

The team will get about $2.2 mill back for Bennett, $11 mil for Sherman and zip for Graham who is a FA.

This.

Add in Lane and Avril and I make the cap to sit at $38,172,600.

toffee

Reaction score
original poster":o23z3eo8 said:
jammerhawk":o23z3eo8 said:
toffee":o23z3eo8 said:

This.

Add in Lane and Avril and I make the cap to sit at $38,172,600.

$38mil, and still lacking in draft picks. Feeling like there will be more trades, to free up more or get more picks. Pete's rebuilding for sure.

chris98251

Reaction score
We have a couple of 7th's and like 4 5th's I will drink the 5ths if that's how were going to rebuild, hell maybe trade back and pick up 2 4ths and 2 more 5ths :)

There is going to be a run on Big Screens and Remotes this fall. :) Better start a Pemedic account now.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Hate the thought of retuning to broken TV's courtesy of yet another blown lead/ blown coverage but nothing is forever in the NFL.

RS may reconsider his position, most of $11 milion is still an awful lot of money to leave on the table.

original poster

Reaction score
chris98251":33tdqfjr said:
We have a couple of 7th's and like 4 5th's I will drink the 5ths if that's how were going to rebuild, hell maybe trade back and pick up 2 4ths and 2 more 5ths :)

There is going to be a run on Big Screens and Remotes this fall. :) Better start a Pemedic account now.

Good point about the 4 5th's!

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
original poster":2b3d7o9a said:
chris98251":2b3d7o9a said:

Good point about the 4 5th's!

Can we trade 2 7ths for a 5th too?? we want more 5ths...

A-Dog

Reaction score
OTC is updated for Bennett, Sherm, and Lane, and 2018 cap space is up to $30,492,600

Using the calculator, if we also cut Avril, Thorpe, and Ryan, 2018 cap space goes up to $41,467,600 (and up to a whopping $109,008,510 in 2019 if we do that and cut Kam after this season).

We can get 2018 cap space up to $53,927,600 by also converting the 2018 salaries for Russ and Bobby in to bonuses.

In other words, Seattle now has a ton of cap space and flexibility if they want to make big signings this year and/or next. If P&J want to go out and sign, say, Richardson, Norwell, and ASJ, they have the cap flexibility to make it happen.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
As the present situation is developing, the Hawks now are set up to be players in FA. You have to wonder if they will be though as the comp. pick scheme set up with the one year deals will not favour that for the 2019 draft. If they are locked to preconception then about comp. picks then FA will be slow. It remains to be seen if there still won’t be other surprising player moves with present roster members, like Thomas, if the right trade partner(s) can be found. The picture as to the FO direction is still not in focus. Next week will tell us a great deal more, expect more surprises.

They now can certainly keep the guys they want and be in conversations for others. I’m unsure it will be necessary to cut Thorpe and Ryan and think if Avril is gone he will get a parting injury settlement so his number will be reduced by $1.5 million or so. You could be right about Avril, Thorpe, and Ryan though. It appears as if P Richardson will likely not be offered a deal by the team but I suppose that will in the end depend upon the strength of his market as will be the case with Sheldon Richardson.

Thorpe was thought to be a solid ST guy so I could see him staying depending on where his health is seen to be. The whole kicking game is certain to be under forward evaluation at each point of the process.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I moved DeShawn Shead back to the roster as technically his contract for last season apparentl tolled. However, he will be released today so the news seems to indicate. He will likely be moved to releasedthis afternoon or whenever his release is announced.

I wonder if he is treated as a UFA for potential comp pick purposes when he is released. Does anyone know?

The motives for this release may be for less that altruistic reasons as Shead may have been able to argue that his contract should not have tolled and he was ready to return from PUP earlier. In the end I suppose that distinction won’t mean that much.

original poster

Reaction score
jammerhawk":2x6ccpu4 said:
I moved DeShawn Shead back to the roster as technically his contract for last season apparentl tolled. However, he will be released today so the news seems to indicate. He will likely be moved to releasedthis afternoon or whenever his release is announced.

I wonder if he is treated as a UFA for potential comp pick purposes when he is released. Does anyone know?

The motives for this release may be for less that altruistic reasons as Shead may have been able to argue that his contract should not have tolled and he was ready to return from PUP earlier. In the end I suppose that distinction won’t mean that much.

He wouldn't be counted towards any comp picks unfortunately as he's being released.

The team have basically put him first before themselves in this situation.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I suppose so, and expected that he wouldn’t count for a comp. pick.

As earlier indicated while this looks as if the team was just being nice to Shead, they avoid a complex arbitration and player unhappiness by real easing him despite the tolling of his contract.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
S- Bradley McDougald re-upped 3 years $13.95 Mil

Mike Garafolo

Verified account

@MikeGarafolo
Follow Follow @MikeGarafolo
More
The Seahawks will keep one of their own free agents. They’ve agreed to terms on a three-year, $13.95 million deal with S Bradley McDougald, source says. He stepped into a starting role last year when Kam Chancellor went down. Chancellor’s future remains murky.
8:10 AM - 12 Mar 2018