2018 Seattle Mariners regular season thread

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
I agree that Maybin is only a slight upgrade over Heredia. He is better defensively, but they are nearly equal offensively. Maybin does walk a bit more.

I don't know much about prospects, but Brigman sounds like a guy who will top out in the minors.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/GawlowskiB/status/1024375211997638656[/tweet]

M's got money to spend still, I expect them to make a waiver addition in August.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Yeah just win today and we take the series. Typical Leake game, gives us 6+ innings and keeps it to only 3 runs. He just made the one mistake to Gattis hanging the breaking ball.

Offense just needs to wake up and we badly need Seager back. I can't believe this team can't find a better backup 3B than Romine. That guy is awful.

Not sure I would have pitched Duke there, they said he arrived in Seattle at like 2:15 AM. I probably would have given him the day off. The Tui kid looked great last night though.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":hyhzfr4o said:
"It was the Dukes, it was the Dukes, it was the Dukes"
Billy Ray Valentine

trading-places-3.jpg

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Strange that Gambel was optioned to Tacoma... hitting issues?

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Yeah I was surprised to see Gamel sent down, but I understand it. Heredia is the superior defender and he can play CF as well as the corner outfield positions. Obviously Dipoto values defense and speed a lot. We likely won't see Gamel and Bradford until the rosters expand in September. We basically gain Maybin and three relievers and lose Gamel, Lawrence and Bradford. I think we improved, but not a ton. Until Felix gets removed from the rotation, we are basically forfeiting once every five games. I honestly think they give Felix one more start, and if he sucks then Erasamo takes his place. Apparently Erasamo has one more rehab start and then should be ready. Then the question is what do you do with Felix? If it were me, I'd just cut him and move on from him.

I'm not so sure we make the playoffs anymore. Oakland isn't going away and at the end of the day we are the Mariners. If the Browns jumped out to a 5 game lead on the Ravens in the AFC North, but the Ravens cut it to one game with a few games left, who are you taking? We need to win today, Houston will likely be without Springer to go along with Altuve and Correa. If we can't win a series at home against the Astros without their best hitters, then we aren't a playoff caliber team. The A's are beating up on the Blue Jays so far, we need to do the same when they come to Safeco tomorrow.

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
Wow, can't believe Gamel was optioned. Should've been Heredia, no doubt about it. His struggles at the plate are disgusting right now.

And how in the world is Nicasio still here? There's no logic to this. Bradford has been one of the teams better relievers this year. This feels like Erik Goeddel all over again. And this is the brain trust that just got shiny, new contracts. I'll be damned.

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
I figured Heredia would have been optioned, but apparently not. He's just been so awful at the plate that I would think Gamel's defense and speed would be enough to keep him on the roster vs. Heredia.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
That was a pathetic performance by the M's today. Get crushed at home to a team missing their three best offensive players. Just like that, we are tied with Oakland. With how the schedule is set up, the race could be over by the end of August. We need to try to at least go 5-2 over the next seven games against Toronto and Texas. Please don't let me down like you always do Mariners.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":tz2l42ge said:
That was a pathetic performance by the M's today. Get crushed at home to a team missing their three best offensive players. Just like that, we are tied with Oakland. With how the schedule is set up, the race could be over by the end of August. We need to try to at least go 5-2 over the next seven games against Toronto and Texas. Please don't let me down like you always do Mariners.

I feel it too. They are slipping away. I wonder how much the pressure of breaking the 17 year streak adds to them? Id imagine it does even though most werent around.

I think felix goes 7 and gives up 2 er. Just a feeling.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Shanegotyou11":3e3y0k74 said:
Hawk-Lock":3e3y0k74 said:

I feel it too. They are slipping away. I wonder how much the pressure of breaking the 17 year streak adds to them? Id imagine it does even though most werent around.

If he can't have a quality start against a struggling Blue Jays team at home then I don't want to see Felix start another game for us. If he can't get it done against the White Sox and Blue Jays, then he shouldn't be pitching on this team. Arguably two of the weaker teams in the league. I got a feeling he pitches well tomorrow, but that more has to do with the opponent.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":2yxfefob said:
Shanegotyou11":2yxfefob said:
Hawk-Lock":2yxfefob said:

If he can't have a quality start against a struggling Blue Jays team at home then I don't want to see Felix start another game for us. If he can't get it done against the White Sox and Blue Jays, then he shouldn't be pitching on this team. Arguably two of the weaker teams in the league. I got a feeling he pitches well tomorrow, but that more has to do with the opponent.

I think we win 3 of 4.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":16xju7z9 said:
Shanegotyou11":16xju7z9 said:
Hawk-Lock":16xju7z9 said:

I was watching Hammels pitch last night,a guy that many were saying the velo is
way down and the era was at 4.50.
Go figure ...He was throwing 97 at one point and 94-95 most of the time with a wicked
80-82mph breaking ball..It was awesome to see!I think of Felix and it's why not him?

Seahaaaawks

Reaction score
IndyHawk":1jaln8t9 said:
Hawk-Lock":1jaln8t9 said:
Shanegotyou11":1jaln8t9 said:
Hawk-Lock":1jaln8t9 said:

I was watching Hammels pitch last night,a guy that many were saying the velo is
way down and the era was at 4.50.
Go figure ...He was throwing 97 at one point and 94-95 most of the time with a wicked
80-82mph breaking ball..It was awesome to see!I think of Felix and it's why not him?

Alcohol and conditioning. From the interviews I seen with him in spring training, he seems to have an “I’m still great” ego. He’s getting older and acts like he doesn’t have to work at it cause of his past success.

getnasty

Reaction score
I never question coaches but damn why trade for 4 relievers and then continue to run Nicasio out there.

OP
OP
Sports Hernia

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
.....and Nicasio blows yet another lead! I’m starting to question Servias’ will to win when he keeps bringing in the same crappy pitcher to pitch in close games and and expects a different result! There is NO REASON for Nicasio to still be on this team, NONE!