2018 Seattle Mariners regular season thread

OP
OP
Sports Hernia

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Was hearing about a week or so ago, from the team that everything is cool, and no body is panicking.

Well, it’s time to PANIC!!!!
Time for the ass ripping by the management, as the laid back passive approach isnt working anymore!

Nicasio needs to be cut, and a message needs to be sent to Felix, learn that your fastball sucks and stop trying to throw it by people. Don’t know if he needs to be sent down, placed on the DL, or cut. They won’t cut him but he is Nicasio level suck right now.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2844nz89 said:
Shanegotyou11":2844nz89 said:
Sports Hernia":2844nz89 said:
Shanegotyou11":2844nz89 said:
Mike zunino has as many homeruns as mitch this month.

Ryon Healy? He is batting .242 with 5 homeruns and 14 RBI's.

So Mitch at the 3 hole has cost us enough wins as well. Its a team sport. Some players are better and some are worse. Has mitch won us games? Hell yea. My point is the reason we are sucking this month is as much on Mitch or Dee as anyone else but they get passes.

Oh Lordy! Stop, just stop, LOL.
You are in love with small sample sizes and cherry picking stats to fit your narrative.
No one is arguing that Haniger, Gordon, and the offense is struggling big time right now, so put away that strawman.
The offense including HANIGER and GORDON and everyone else are the reason for the slide, but speaking of free passes, why are you so blindly giving one to Nicasio? Is he a family member or a friend???

Let me ask you this...... and answer this honestly, without a preamble.

Who’s having the worst SEASON so far, Gordon, Haniger, or Nicasio???

Nicasio is. Nope Nicasio is a nobody to me but a player on the team i root for. Just like any mariner or seahawk. Nobody is cherry picking stats though lol. The team is having a poor month of july. All over Twitter or on here its about Healy, nicasio or scott. Just like you said Nicasio has cost us 5 games. Its true. Its also true how poor hanigar has been since mid june. Its also true that Healy who ppl cry about is doing damn good in july.

And You and I both know certain players get passes when they are sucking. On our team its Dee and Mitch at the forefront. I mean people want Healy gone so bad they say Vogelbach would be better at first. Its what it is.

I only trust Diaz out of the pen this yr. Im starting to trust colome as his only crap games were at TB for most part. Pazos im trusting more and more too. Those are the 3 i trust. The rest? Nope. Thats including Nicasio.
You are cherry picking..........

Any person that knows anything about baseball doesn’t think that V-back is a better option than Healy.
Healy is a hot and cold hitter. He will produce in spurts and slump in longer spurts. He is a good player defensively.

V-back is a AAAA player that has no value IMHO, he is a SLUG on the basepths, he has no range defensively, and rarely makes contact. We already have 4 players with contact problems.. Z, Seager, Hereida (sp?) and Healy. V-back is arguably worse than all of those with the exception of Z.

Give it up bro. Go to mariners reddit and Twitter. People were begging to cut healy for Vogelbach. Go search of u can. I totally agree what you said about Vogelbach.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":1kc0l9dp said:
If this team is serious about making the playoffs, please replace Felix. Of our active pitchers on our team, his WAR is only better than Nicasio. Nice to see Cruz hitting again.

This. Jerry needs to have the balls to just release Felix and eat the contract. Felix has zero trade value and the 3rd worst era of all starting pitchers in MLB (5.58). He's done.

And to release Nicasio should be a given.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
West TX Hawk":4vmibc9a said:
Hawk-Lock":4vmibc9a said:
If this team is serious about making the playoffs, please replace Felix. Of our active pitchers on our team, his WAR is only better than Nicasio. Nice to see Cruz hitting again.

This. Jerry needs to have the balls to just release Felix and eat the contract. Felix has zero trade value and the 3rd worst era of all starting pitchers in MLB (5.58). He's done.

And to release Nicasio should be a given.

I've been so patient with Felix, giving him every opportunity to prove me wrong. He had a decent stint of like three games when he pitched well against Boston and the Yanks, but that was about it. He litereally looked like he was throwing batting practice yesterday. A bunch of soft pitches hanging over the middle of the plate. If he hasn't figured it out by now, he likely won't, and we can't wait any longer. At some point we have to close the Felix chapter, might as well get it over with now. The only problem is we don't have anyone to replace him. Erasamo is getting close, but not sure he is much of an upgrade. I just don't trust Elias as a starter, he didn't look great starting against the Giants earlier this week.

sutz

Reaction score
Well, great first inning. Now, if they don't finish with 10-12 runs at least, I'll be disappointed.

They have a habit of sitting on a lead (the few times they've done it) and not adding on.

Marco struggled a bit but got off the mound without giving up a run.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
With the exception of Diaz, the rest of the M’s bullpen is pile of crap.

Dipoto and Servais get extended and the team starts to play like crap. Probably should’ve waited until after the season to that for both.

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
hawkfan68":8sclfk3s said:
With the exception of Diaz, the rest of the M’s bullpen is pile of crap.

Dipoto and Servais get extended and the team starts to play like crap. Probably should’ve waited until after the season to that for both.
Agreed on both points. Sheer STUPIDITY to extend them mid season.

sutz

Reaction score
I'm glad they won, but the offense really bothers me. 7 run first, and then 1 run in 8 innings? GMAFB. :34853_doh:

Gonzo did well all in all. Just the one big mistake for 2 runs.

Back home for the Stros tomorrow night.

OP
OP
Sports Hernia

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
sutz":120bc9yb said:
I'm glad they won, but the offense really bothers me. 7 run first, and then 1 run in 8 innings? GMAFB. :34853_doh:

Gonzo did well all in all. Just the one big mistake for 2 runs.

Back home for the Stros tomorrow night.
Am estatic they scored 8 runs, but like you it bugs me when they score a chunk of runs then go on cruise control.
Good win though, fast Eddie dominated, Oakland lost, so good day!

getnasty

Reaction score
I think weather we make it to the playoffs will come down to the bullpen. We really need that 7th inning guy that Servis hasn't been able to find so far.

sutz

Reaction score
getnasty":1dqfw7ko said:
I think weather we make it to the playoffs will come down to the bullpen. We really need that 7th inning guy that Servis hasn't been able to find so far.
Just picked up a guy named RHP Sam Tuivailala. Supposedly has mid 90's fastball and could work 2-3 innings.

7/18/18 Seattle Mariners activated RHP Sam Tuivailala.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Huge series coming up with the Astros here. They are really struggling and will definitely be without Altuve and likely be without Correa. We need to take advantage of a weak and injured Astros team. I think the last two games the bats have woken up and hopefully Paxton is fully recovered for tonight's game. Also a big thanks to Colorado for sweeping Oakland, hopefully they have cooled down now.

sutz

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":2xxhp1kt said:
Huge series coming up with the Astros here. They are really struggling and will definitely be without Altuve and likely be without Correa. We need to take advantage of a weak and injured Astros team. I think the last two games the bats have woken up and hopefully Paxton is fully recovered for tonight's game. Also a big thanks to Colorado for sweeping Oakland, hopefully they have cooled down now.
Kinda goes without saying. 13 games left against them I think. Head to head matches are critical from here on out.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Cano should be back August 14th. This is the time to make up games on the Astros and Yankees. Astros are without Altuve and Correa, while Yanks are without Judge and Sanchez. Oakland is still my main worry, but I think we can make up some ground on the two teams ahead of us.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I believe it's August 14th or 24th? He gets to play 42 games if I remember right.
AND, they did say that he IS ELIGIBLE to play in a one game playoff. But not for a playoff series.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1jpz316f said:
Uncle Si":1jpz316f said:
Points have been made. Let's move it on.
Done. He’s on my ignore list.

Cuz we didnt agree on Nicasio and then has to make a point to say "done. He is on my ignore list."

:2thumbs:

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Is that true that Cano could play in the one game playoff?