2018 Seattle Mariners regular season thread

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
I’m kind of with Shane here, when we no longer control our own destiny, we have to pay attention to the other teams. I’m hoping we can gain at least a game or two before our series in Oakland. If you are a Mariner fan, you have to root for Houston when they play Oakland. We aren’t making up 5 games on Houston. They are healthy again and they finish the season against Toronto and Baltimore. I still think we miss the playoffs just barely, which would be fitting for this team.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":3am90zwn said:
I’m kind of with Shane here, when we no longer control our own destiny, we have to pay attention to the other teams. I’m hoping we can gain at least a game or two before our series in Oakland. If you are a Mariner fan, you have to root for Houston when they play Oakland. We aren’t making up 5 games on Houston. They are healthy again and they finish the season against Toronto and Baltimore. I still think we miss the playoffs just barely, which would be fitting for this team.

It sucks that we probably will win 93-94 wins and might miss the playoffs. That is usually a WC #1 spot. Smh.

If we we can be two back of oakland going into Oakland, itl be exciting as crap.

sutz

Reaction score
Go M's!!!!

267x400.jpg

raisethe3

Reaction score
Wow, bases loaded with 1 out and you got nothing?! Seriously, that's not the type of teams that performs like that in October. :roll:

sutz

Reaction score
Guess I jinxed them :|

Leake was beat by the shift. In a normal alignment that infield dribbler would have been the 3d out of the inning. I hate the shift. :evil:

Still too many left on base. We seem to have trouble with these soft throwing pitchers.

OP
OP
Sports Hernia

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
sutz":8mig4t7c said:
Guess I jinxed them :|

Leake was beat by the shift. In a normal alignment that infield dribbler would have been the 3d out of the inning. I hate the shift. :evil:

Still too many left on base. We seem to have trouble with these soft throwing pitchers.
I don’t mind less severe shifts, but the extreme shifts that Seattle uses I wouldn’t.

......but if I was playing defense against Kyle Seager, I’d have all 4 infielders to the right of 2nd base.
The guy can not hit the ball to the left side to save his life.

sutz

Reaction score
Threedee":1tx1tvc2 said:
Did we shift toward third base against a lefty on that at-bat, or did I see it wrong?
Not exactly. Seagar was close to 3rd because there was a base runner there. 1st and 3rd. Segura was playing just to the right of second base and deep. Gordon was playing about halfway into right field.

I agree with the guy above, playing the 2d baseman so deep in right field is an invite to what happened there, a dribbler that barely clears the mound and the pitcher, but is a slow roller for the guys playing so far out of position.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Playoffs chances are shrinking. We won an impressive series, yet we lost ground in the standings. 5.5 games with only 31 games left is a big deficit. Yes I know we have 7 games with Oakland, but a 4-3 win means we only make up one game. I honestly think we would need to beat them 5-2 in the head to head just to have a chance to pass them. Nothing has suggested we can win that many games against them. They might just be the better team. And please no more depending on Paxton as an ace, the guy is tissue paper soft.

TransGenderHawkFan

Reaction score
KitsapGuy":3vv1yyws said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/710ESPNSeattle/status/1034208435670200320[/tweet]

Doubt he is even injured. That guy needed some rest. I believe he passed what was previously his career high in IP a bit ago. You could tell that he was beginning to fatigue.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
It's over ..i'm sorry but we just do not have the horses in the rotation.
Damn the injury bug to the staff as a whole just is unreal..
It's been a decent year and they really tried hard but there just isn't
enough yet to go anywhere,,

Time for UW and Seahawks football!!!
Go Hawks!!!

DJrmb

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/AthleticsPR/status/1033770861382258690[/tweet]

Not that I root for injury but this could help...

OP
OP
Sports Hernia

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
XxXdragonXxX":1f4q1nch said:
Felix bunting into 2 double plays is maddening. Felix is possibly the worst player I can imagine trying to bunt.
Yep, it failed so miserably the first time, they decided to do it again, and to their surprise (no one else’s) same result.
If they let him hack he probably strikes out (one out) vs 2 outs, or maybe a blind squirrel finds a nut and he gets a hit.

sutz

Reaction score
Felix had a quality start. If we're relying on our pitcher to win the game with a bat, we really are screwed.

Suddenly, the Padres have a Cy Young pitcher? :34853_doh:

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
Just disappointing but predictable. To allow a guy with an era near 7, in just his 4th career start totally shut down our lineup is nothing short of pathetic.

The bats collectively have gone to pot in the 2nd half. Our bottom 5 guys in the lineup have had absolutely terrible approaches at the plate for awhile.

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
IndyHawk":1wzu60x5 said:
It's over ..i'm sorry but we just do not have the horses in the rotation.
Damn the injury bug to the staff as a whole just is unreal..
It's been a decent year and they really tried hard but there just isn't
enough yet to go anywhere,,

Time for UW and Seahawks football!!!
Go Hawks!!!
Agreed. It's over. This team is struggling so much right now, it's pathetic. I feel like the whole organization put all their chips in the pot mid-season and it backfired, miserably. From the Dipoto and Servais extensions, to bad trades (the bad trades have been an ongoing issue since Dipoto has been here), to the constant injuries, to Dipoto once again shrugging off the rotation. The beginning of the season was a blast, but let's be real here, that was nothing more than an overachieving team. The run differential isn't a mistake. That is a complete reflection of this team's many flaws.

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
It's over and it sucks. Good thing they kept it interesting until football season could roll around this year.

I think thepeelsessions is spot on, our run differential is a direct reflection of this team and the way our season has gone. Win close or lose BIG. Just not enough talent to carry this team through the season.

Latest posts