2019 NFL Draft

hawkfan68

Reaction score
My early Seahawk mock draft on first-pick.com -

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 26 (OAK): Harry, NKeal, WR, Arizona State (A-)
Round 2 Pick 23 (WASH): Jackson, Joe, DE, Miami (FL) (A+)
Round 3 Pick 3 (OAK): Johnson, Jaquan, SS, Miami (FL) (A)
Round 3 Pick 18: Gaskin, Myles, RB, Washington (A+)
Round 4 Pick 19: Fuller, Jordan, FS, Ohio State (A+)
Round 5 Pick 19: Joseph, Kendall, ILB, Clemson (A+)
Round 7 Pick 19: Blankenship, Rodrigo, K, Georgia (A+)

getnasty

Reaction score
Regardless of where we pick I would love to see an edge rusher early or a big time free safety in the mold of ET

OP
OP
TheLegendOfBoom

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Seahawks getting gashed on the outside runs by McCaffrey.

They need to shore up some help on the defensive line.

Taylor Rapp would be great on the back end like a third round pick.

Thompson has shown nothing.

Would love to have Rapp patrolling as Free Safety.

dopeboy206

Reaction score
hawkfan68":12jo720f said:
My early Seahawk mock draft on first-pick.com -

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 26 (OAK): Harry, NKeal, WR, Arizona State (A-)
Round 2 Pick 23 (WASH): Jackson, Joe, DE, Miami (FL) (A+)
Round 3 Pick 3 (OAK): Johnson, Jaquan, SS, Miami (FL) (A)
Round 3 Pick 18: Gaskin, Myles, RB, Washington (A+)
Round 4 Pick 19: Fuller, Jordan, FS, Ohio State (A+)
Round 5 Pick 19: Joseph, Kendall, ILB, Clemson (A+)
Round 7 Pick 19: Blankenship, Rodrigo, K, Georgia (A+)

That ASU WR is not sliding that far lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IndyHawk

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":2530b8u4 said:
Seahawks getting gashed on the outside runs by McCaffrey.

They need to shore up some help on the defensive line.

Taylor Rapp would be great on the back end like a third round pick.

Thompson has shown nothing.

Would love to have Rapp patrolling as Free Safety.
That really disgusted me..Leaving the flat open for easy runs and dink passes.
I would think you add an extra DB and take a linebacker out..My pick would be
Drew Tranquill(ND)Rapp is of the same mold but I think DT is better.

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
Safety doesn't address pass rush or DT and i'll add O-line all of them have priority over FS and we are talking FS McDougald is playing great football.

chris98251

Reaction score
Northwest Seahawk":2ij5l4fs said:
Safety doesn't address pass rush or DT and i'll add O-line all of them have priority over FS and we are talking FS McDougald is playing great football.

Pssst Thompson is Free Safety.

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
chris98251":1j0sh3rm said:
Northwest Seahawk":1j0sh3rm said:

Sorry i'm not on draft a FS bandwagon bro, we shouldn't be drafting FS until round 3-7. That's how i see it. FS just isn't a position i would spend a first round draft pick on when we drafted Earl we had two first round picks we don't have that luxury this draft.If i'm not mistaken the defenses biggest issue is giving up to much yards up the middle. We have our problems on the seconadry but i would put alot of that on Griffin I'd go CB before FS.

chris98251

Reaction score
Northwest Seahawk":3aqx7da0 said:
chris98251":3aqx7da0 said:
Northwest Seahawk":3aqx7da0 said:

Sorry i'm not on draft a FS bandwagon bro, we shouldn't be drafting FS until round 3-7. That's how i see it. FS just isn't a position i would spend a first round draft pick on when we drafted Earl we had two first round picks we don't have that luxury this draft.If i'm not mistaken the defenses biggest issue is giving up to much yards up the middle. We have our problems on the seconadry but i would put alot of that on Griffin I'd go CB before FS.

You say that but according to many when we lost Earl we lost our ability to do Cover 1.

CamanoIslandJQ

Reaction score
With only 4 picks in the coming draft, a small trade down or two is very likely. Only 4 picks would seem to limit the draft for the Seahawks re-tooling efforts, this may have to be more of a quality over quantity draft, but who can they pick?

My current wish list for the 2019 Seahawks draft follows. I'd expect a small trade down (2-5 spots) in the 1-st round, picking up an early 4-th round pick & possibly a latter small trade down to get a late pick or two.
Seahawks needs (IMO) = DT, EDGE, LB, WR, CB, OL. My own personal favorites are indicated by **.

-----Seahawks 1-st round pick, after a small trade down..one of best DT's needed.. (1 of these MAY be available)
**DT-Gerald Willis III, Miami, 6-3/300 (The most likely of these 3 to be there - late rd-1 -IMO)
-or- DT-Christian Wilkens, Clemson, 6-4/310
-or- DT-Dexter Lawrence, Clemson, 6-3/345

-----Seahawks Rd-3 pick, one of.... (a tentative/will one be there pick here)
** EDGE-D'Andre Walker, Georgia, 6-3/245..one of best EDGE needed..(most likely to be available =?)
-or- EDGE-Jachai Polite, Florida, 6-2/255
-or- EDGE-Brian Burns, Florida St, 6-4/235

-----Seahawks Rd-4 pick (from trade down), one of....
**OLB(SS)-Chase Hansen, Utah, 6-2/222
-or- OLB-Germaine Pratt, N.C. St, 6-2/240
-or- OLB-Paddy Fisher, Northwestern, 6-3/245

-----Seahawks, Rd-4 pick. (native pick.)
**WR-Preston Williams, Colorado St, 6-4/210
-or- WR-Dillon Mitchell, Oregon, 6-2/190, (IF, they go fast slot WR, over a big body WR , then.....)
**WR(slot)-Andy Issabella, UMass, 5-9/186, -or- WR(slot)-Marquise Brown, Oklahoma, 5-10/165 (likely long gone here)

-----Seahawks, Rd-5 pick, one of....
**CB-Bryce Hall, Virginia, 6-1/200 #1 in FCS passes defended (probably not there in Rd-5, the others, more likely)
-or- CB-Derrick Baity, Kentucky, 6-2/180 Baity has Seahawk size, but he may need a year or two to develop.
-or- CB-Montrae Hartage, Northwestern, 6-0/195 Good production, length will be a question answered at combine.

----->Late round (if they get a late pick or two) - or- UDFA's. Any or all of these guys could be targeted -IMO.
**OT-Nate Herbig, Stanford, 6-4/334 -or- OT-Jawaan Taylor, Florida, 6-5/328 = More BIG BEEF for the OL.
--EDGE/OLB-Malik Reed, Nevada, 6-2/250, speed to power bull rush, can also cover, good tools. Developmental?
--OLB-Gary Johnson, Texas, 6-1/220/4.64/40, fast, physical, enforcer, watch at combine/post season, a sleeper.
--OLB-Joe Dineen, Jr., Kansas, 6-2/235, good production, combine/post season #'s needed. Likely Rd-7/UDFA.
--SS-LaDarius Wiley, Vanderbilt, 6-1/210, always around ball, passionate, pretty fast & very aggressive.
--CB-Donnie Lewis, Jr. Tulane, 5-116/195/4.56/50, # 2 on FCS passes defended list, overlooked? underrated?
And lastly:
--WR-Jalen Hurd, Purdue, 6-4/217, Former RB at Tennessee now A WR that MAY drop way down in the draft due to his school and position changes, however, The Baylor staff worked him out pretty extensively. - Hurd squatted more than 500 pounds, ran the 40-yard dash consistently in the 4.4-second range, posted a 40-inch vertical jump and ran 20-yard shuttles of **3.8 and 3.9** seconds. For some context, as cited by coach Hayes, the best vertical jump at this year’s NFL Combine was 41.5 inches and the recent best at the combine in the 20-yard shuttle was 3.81. = A very RAW WR with a boatload of upside, although some will question his motivation and mental makeup, the physical testing at combine will likely give his draft position a boost along with his meetings with coaching staffs. Don't know what round he may go in but could very well end up being a steal.

:smilingalien:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Latest posts