2023 offense, teams must fear!

LTH

Reaction score
Our offense is full of veterans, the geling may be quicker than one thinks. Think about it, Geno, the WR1 and WR2, RB1, 3 TEs, all veterans. On OL, at least 3 out of five, of not 4 would be veterans.

Our offense is full of veterans, the geling may be quicker than one thinks. Think about it, Geno, the WR1 and WR2, RB1, 3 TEs, all veterans. On OL, at least 3 out of five, of not 4 would be veterans.
Yeah your right about the O...

LTH

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
Right??
Smith is a budget friendly quarterback with a premium set of weapons at his disposal . He dropped over 4,000 yards last year without JSN or Charbonnet and was his first year starting. I’m expecting this offense to be unstoppable for stretches this year

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
I think fans of the other 31 teams will chuckle at this thread.
This is the Seahawks forum, this is the off season after a rather good drafts, what fans from other team think was a concern of mine. If those visitors care to debate, they are of course welcome.

flv2

Reaction score
Why? Our Offense was already pretty darn good last season and from what I can tell has gotten better.
Do the Seahawks 'fear' the other 19 top 10 offenses and defenses? It's a rhetorical question. I'm not insulting the Seahawks team, just chuckling at the premise of this thread.

Yes, the offense is a bit better on paper. However, it's asking a lot for a rookie WR to be impactful. Most take at least a year. The defense should be better and that could ultimately make the Seahawks 2023 offense statistically better.

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
Do the Seahawks 'fear' the other 19 top 10 offenses and defenses? It's a rhetorical question. I'm not insulting the Seahawks team, just chuckling at the premise of this thread.

Yes, the offense is a bit better on paper. However, it's asking a lot for a rookie WR to be impactful. Most take at least a year. The defense should be better and that could ultimately make the Seahawks 2023 offense statistically better.
Most rookie receivers do not take a year to have impact. That’s ridiculous. Some do sure but most? Nah. JSN is a freak in the slot. His route running is methodical and will almost always be wide open with attention given to DK and Lockett on the outside. Remember Bobby Engram? Well JSN is vastly better and will no doubt ball out

bileever

Reaction score
I chuckle because your offense was not the reason you lost last year. Defense has a lot to prove.
But our offense was not good enough to move the ball against the 49ers, either.

keasley45

Reaction score
I chuckle because your offense was not the reason you lost last year. Defense has a lot to prove.
thats a pretty myopic view of the game of football. Yards and points arent the whole story. Our defense was bad in part because our offense was 20th in the league on 3rd down, which contributed to us being 30th in TOP. The other team cant run on you if they dont have the ball and they have to pass if they're trailing on the scoreboard.

So ... a powerful offense is on part, the solution for a struggling defense.

And its not like we didnt improve at LB, DL, CB and Safety.

We just didnt draft a kicker with a top pick. Shame on us.

bileever

Reaction score
No one was except the chiefs and the raiders in the regular season
Let's hope the 49ers regress a little on defense, or it will be a tough season for the rest of the NFC West, if not the NFL. That front seven is really impressive, and all pretty much in their prime. Armstead is 29 and Bosa is 25 and Warner is only 26. The only thing we can hope for is that Bosa gets his big pay day and wrecks the 49ers salary cap. That's our best hope. @94Smith: what's your biggest fear for the 49ers defense this year?

had2bhawk

Reaction score
You drafted players who on average live up to expectations 50 percent of the time and signed free agents that will be playing in new surroundings. You did not imPROVE until you PROVE
It's coming!

Last edited: