2023 offense, teams must fear!

94Smith

Reaction score
Let's hope the 49ers regress a little on defense, or it will be a tough season for the rest of the NFC West, if not the NFL. That front seven is really impressive, and all pretty much in their prime. Armstead is 29 and Bosa is 25 and Warner is only 26. The only thing we can hope for is that Bosa gets his big pay day and wrecks the 49ers salary cap. That's our best hope. @94Smith: what's your biggest fear for the 49ers defense this year?
The loss of our defensive coordinator. An injury to Nick Bosa

bileever

Reaction score
The loss of our defensive coordinator. An injury to Nick Bosa
Eh, I think you'll survive losing DeMeco Ryans. He was a great DC, but you didn't miss a step after Robert Saleh left, either. Steve Wilks is a pretty experienced hand who did a pretty good job as interim HC in Carolina, and should have gotten the job after the season.

Yes, the Bosas are injury-prone. But I never wish injuries on anyone. I just want him to get a big juicy contract and then decide to become lazy. Btw, Nick and Joey don't have another brother, do they?

keasley45

Reaction score
You drafted players who on average live up to expectations 50 percent of the time and signed free agents that will be playing in new surroundings. You did not imPROVE until you PROVE
You must not have been paying attention to our draft last year. No kicker, but we did ok.

94Smith

Reaction score
You must not have been paying attention to our draft last year. No kicker, but we did ok.
That wasn't supposed to be a specific comment about the Seahawks by the way. On average , about 50 % of draft picks pan out.

WarHawks

Reaction score
I’m just not sure why people are not
More excited or interested in this kid. Watch his tape and read a little. He has serious potential!
Looking forward to seeing him develop. He checks some boxes for sure.

Sun Tzu

Reaction score
Well, I think nose tackle is still a problem, unless Young is better than I am expecting. Fingers crossed.
Look at the thread topic. It is a discussion about the offense in 2023. There are many threads addressing the lack of interior defensive line depth. Go find one of them to beat your dead bear.

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
Look at the thread topic. It is a discussion about the offense in 2023. There are many threads addressing the lack of interior defensive line depth. Go find one of them to beat your dead bear.
Hey, my bear just went on life support. He ain’t dead yet!

LTH

Reaction score
Our offense is full of veterans, the geling may be quicker than one thinks. Think about it, Geno, the WR1 and WR2, RB1, 3 TEs, all veterans. On OL, at least 3 out of five, of not 4 would be veterans.
Everybody assumes the D is going to have holes at DT. Maybe that's not the case, maybe Young and Cooper will be fine.. I still think it's going to take a few games for the D to get into sync, hopefully I'm wrong.