#21, #24, #32, #25, #27, #5, #6, #31, #21, #24

HawkHack

Reaction score
Those are the current power rankings of the teams we play the rest of the year (according to Billick at http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/powerRankings). Average: 21.6.

Although three of the next five games are on the road, I still can't see us losing more than two of the next five -- meaning we will host the Saints (#5) with an 8-3 record or better.

I can live with that.

bigwrm

Reaction score
It looks like home field advantage could come down to that Week 13 game against the Saints; good thing it's at the Clink. Even if we're a game down to them, a win would tie us up and give us the tiebreaker. The problem for the Saints is they have a much tougher 2nd half than us. They play us, the 49ers, the Panthers twice, and the Cowboys. The 49ers are also lurking and a loss to them at Candlestick would even things up, although I don't see them hanging with us over the course of the season the way they've been playing. They have a similar schedule to us but they play New Orleans in the Superdome, which is a big difference. Home field is ours to lose.

Atradees

Reaction score
It looks pretty danged enticing when you throw those numbers up there. Bad teams tend to improve? Injuries heal?
The Falcons get desperate? We have been hit with injuries early; maybe we improve when we stay.........healthy.

15 and 1. We are gonna crush the Saints.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
I hate power rankings. They won't have much bearing on what happens in the second half of the season as teams get healthy, get hurt, start to click or fall apart.

Ruminator

Reaction score
Finishing 14-2 wouldn't shock me. But a 15-1 record would be a hell of an accomplishment.

All I want, though, is enough wins to have HFA until it's time to travel to NY/NJ in February.

Saints DC Rob Ryan's major-Maalox-moment thoughts as Brady hit rookie Thompkins for the touchdown last weekend to hand his team their first loss surely included "Crap! This means we play Seattle in Seattle... twice..."

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
It won't be surprising if Seattle's offensive "issues" start to work themselves out really quick. Except against the Buccaneers, ironically.

LawlessHawk

Reaction score
Based on those current rankings, Seahawks first half opponents average 21.4, second half 18.6. Not a huge difference in my oppinion... but it is nice seeing #31 and #32 hanging out there in front of us like sweet ripe fruit.

Based on the Hawks current condition, I'd put more credence in the opponents Defensive rankings...

Hawks46

Reaction score
The biggest thing we have going for us is that we play more home games in the 2nd half of the season.

Even though we've looked bad at times, and really have only two complete games (one against one of the worst teams in the league), I think we can win most of these games. The real pivotal ones will be the Saints and @Niners. If we win both of those, and lose 2 more games all season, we'll still get HFA I think. For sure, if we hang another loss on the Whiners, we'll win the division...as that would be 3 losses for the Niners. I don't see us losing more than 3 total the rest of the year.

The other really good thing about this team is that we're 5-1, 3 of those have been on the road, we haven't played up to the level we did last year (but we're ahead at this point so far this year), we've weathered a ton of injuries, and we'll get more games at home the 2nd half of the year. I personallly don't think we're invincible at home like some do, but I know we're really really hard to beat at home and I also think it's in teams' heads.

Latest posts