3 Moves I Would Love 2 See This OS

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Huh?

Bennett is signed through 2016, so why would the Bears trade him for a worse TE, who they'd have to pay even more money too?

This is all pure illogical conjecture.

Yes we need TE's, WR's and DB's, but so does just about every other team AND we'll have almost zero cap space to spend money on these positions.

Why do you think we were sniffing around retreads and injured guys Jermichael Finley last year? Because we didn't have the money to spend in free agency on TE's. IT'll be the same next year, even tighter with all the current guys we're trying to resign.

If we're going to address these needs, it's once again going to have to happen in the draft and free agent junk pile.

OP
OP
P

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Its far-fetch but not impossible.

Unger would be a trade opportunity. I think Patrick Lewis or Jeanpierre can get the job done until we can develop a draft pick. You can pick up quality centers throughout the draft it seems as Packers and Pats proved as well as other teams.

If that happened Seahawks could cut McDaniels and Miller to free up 10-12 million altogether.

And really it will all depend on how cap friendly Wilsons contract will be on his first few years of his extension.

Furthermore, the thought of Bennett here is just a presumption that Gase and Fox would bring him aboard with the Broncos keeping DT.

Fitz obviously coming here definitely is an assumption that he would come on a cap friendly deal that fits into the plan. I doubt he needs the money and would be looking to add some rings to his HoF legacy.

Again its a far-fetch plan but not impossible if certain things happen and it can be fit into the overall structure.

Hawks46

Reaction score
The best part of your post was bringing Kevin Williams back, and maybe the Thurmond signing.

With the players we have to sign, even though we're well under the cap, we're going to need to have a good draft; either an impact WR or DB, as well as DL depth and a better LG and possible Okung's replacement.

justafan

Reaction score
I am not too worried about who we lose and who we add.I would love better WRs but these guys are good enough in this offense to win it all.I dont like building teams around high dollar WRs that eat up cap.Especially with the O that we run
In our scheme i would love to see them draft a TE that can become the blocker Zach is.
We have the leadership in place and signed that will keep this team together after this loss.
Certain positions will be revolving doors but every other team will face the same problems.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
ludakrishna":bq1rbb8d said:
Trade for Golden Tate.

Wow, that would be awkward. Especially after all his comments about how relieved he is to be out of our Offense.

knownone

Reaction score
I have a few free agents that i'd like to see here.
Jermaine Gresham or Charles Clay, They'd be about 2-4 million a year but solid upgrades for us long term.
I would love to see renewed interest in Kenny Britt as well, he appeared to mature this year with the Rams, and he'd be relatively cheap.
CJ Mosley and George Johnson. Mosley is a good all around DT who would come in right around the vet minimum and Johnson is pretty good pass rusher who would fit well in the Obi Schofield role.

razgriz737

Reaction score
I like all of your ideas, but I'm not sold on Thurmond. It's a miracle he doesn't get injured getting out of bed each morning.

KatarHol

Reaction score
blkhwk":aeax1mwp said:
Hire a passing game coordinator along with the above mentioned moves. Last night became very obvious that NE's passing game is years ahead of Seattle's.
Years ahead? They had half the yards per attempt. They were facing a defense with an entire secondary that requires surgery.

irocdave

Reaction score
justafan":30jzee4u said:
I am not too worried about who we lose and who we add.I would love better WRs but these guys are good enough in this offense to win it all.I dont like building teams around high dollar WRs that eat up cap.Especially with the O that we run
In our scheme i would love to see them draft a TE that can become the blocker Zach is.
We have the leadership in place and signed that will keep this team together after this loss.
Certain positions will be revolving doors but every other team will face the same problems.

Not to single your post out but this is the rub. The receivers are NOT good enough without Lynch. Lynch sets the table, that threat of him running or coming out of the backfield plays a big part in coverage. Not to mention RW's running ability. You replace RW with Brady or Manning and they get knocked out for the season early on this iteration of the Hawks. Receivers don't get open, QB has to make perfect throws that are still gambles to make the passing game work. Or just scramble around for 10 seconds and wait for back yard routes to open up and hope the scrap heap receivers hang on to it. The Hawks revolving doors are not the same as teams with top shelf QB's. Lynch and the defense make it work here along with RW scrambling his but off. It's hard to sustain consistent offense with this scenario.

Rocket

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":1srqxgjk said:
Frankly, Im all for bringing Holmgren aboard even almost everyone here hates that idea. I think Wilson can excel in his time based WCO. Wilson is the QB he wanted in Seneca Wallace.

Pete Carroll focuses on getting the most out of a player's skills.
Mike Holmgren looks for athletes who meet his desired skill sets.

Kinda like heads and tails.

HawkerD

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":lk3bfxud said:
EverydayImRusselin":lk3bfxud said:
One of the big questions is Mathews. Was that a fluke or can he be the tall WR we've been looking for? I'd love to get Fitz. Wilson might throw 40+ TDs with a tall WR threat like that.

Matthews played great but when Belichick adjusted and put Browner on him, he was a complete non factor

But it does show what Russ could be with some size at WR. We need a legit #1 guy with some size and ability to beat man press.

How many 6'5", 230 lb corners in the league?

HawkerD

Reaction score
Hawks were one play from winning the SB and here we are calling for a revamp. WTF! Every team has holes; that's the nature of the cap. Its the coaches job to stitch up those holes. We cannot sign a single big name this year without cutting one of the core players. Maybe that will happen and maybe not (HIGHLY DOUBTFUL). So it'll be retreads and vets looking for a last shot. Matthews will get a shot.

What can't happen is draft pick reaches and picking players for potential at other than their normal positions. We really need some impact players to emerge out of the up coming draft. We have enough picks to move up a little is necessary which is what we should do because we have so many positions all ready spoken for. I am not going to get into the 2014 draft with all the fan boys out there but we need to bring in a couple of guys who can come in and start; specifically at CB, LG (or RT if we move Britt inside) and DL. If we do find a couple of players in the draft we will be fine.

GO HAWKS!

themunn

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":r0buaa79 said:
EverydayImRusselin":r0buaa79 said:
One of the big questions is Mathews. Was that a fluke or can he be the tall WR we've been looking for? I'd love to get Fitz. Wilson might throw 40+ TDs with a tall WR threat like that.

Matthews played great but when Belichick adjusted and put Browner on him, he was a complete non factor

But it does show what Russ could be with some size at WR. We need a legit #1 guy with some size and ability to beat man press.

Yeah but how many teams have a 6'4 cornerback to match up on him?

Richardson would have eaten Browner alive, truly gutted he got injured. Wilson had loads of time without anyone to throw to as has happened many times this season. We definitely need to keep churning through receivers in this upcoming draft and get some guys who get open more consistently. I saw guys JOGGING through their routes on Sunday. Unacceptable at this level