49ers and “Almost” in Apocalypto have something in common

Mizak

Reaction score
For starters:

1. Giants and 49ers in Overtime in NFC Championship in 2012. 49ers about to get the ball back from a Giants Punt but Kyle Williams fumbles the punt! 5 plays later, Giants kick FG and Win. 49ers ALMOST went to the Super Bowl.

2. Ravens and 49ers in Super Bowl in 2013. Ravens have a monster lead with 28-6 At the start of the 3rd quarter. 49ers attempt a comeback. Get close with a 31-29 score with 10 minutes left in the 4th quarter. Ravens use TOP and win the game. 49ers ALMOST made a comeback and won a Super Bowl.

3. Seahawks and 49ers in the NFC Championship in 2014. This one needs no explanation but for some who might forget, Kaerpernick throws a somewhat perfect pass to Crabtree. Except Crabtree doesn’t catch it. Sherman does! 49ers ALMOST beat the Seahawks to go to the Super Bowl.

Fast Forward 6 years.

4. Chiefs and 49ers in Super Bowl in 2020. 49ers had a 20-10 lead heading into the 4th quarter. Mahomes, perhaps at the start of his dynasty, makes a comeback and win. 49ers ALMOST won the Super Bowl.

5. Rams and 49ers in NFC Championship in 2022. 49ers had a 17-7 lead heading into the 4th quarter. Stafford and Rams make a comeback and win. 49ers ALMOST went to the Super Bowl.

6. Eagles and 49ers in NFC Championship in 2023. LOL 49ers didn’t even try with Purdy out.

And for the record, Apocalypto was a great movie.

94Smith

Reaction score
It's funny you say this when one of the biggest almosts of all time was not handing the ball off to Lynch. I think it was number one of a top 10 superbowl blunders list I saw somewhere

Cyrus12

Reaction score
It's funny you say this when one of the biggest almosts of all time was not handing the ball off to Lynch. I think it was number one of a top 10 superbowl blunders list I saw somewhere
As well it should be...

That being said though another almost will be utter devastating to your team and fans..

pmedic920

Reaction score
Should be in a top 2 list, and arguably could be #1

We all know it and won’t argue it.
Hopefully this wasn’t an attempt at smack talk, if it was I suggest you avoid the “SmackShack”.

You’d get smoked.

xray

Reaction score
For starters:

1. Giants and 49ers in Overtime in NFC Championship in 2012. 49ers about to get the ball back from a Giants Punt but Kyle Williams fumbles the punt! 5 plays later, Giants kick FG and Win. 49ers ALMOST went to the Super Bowl.

2. Ravens and 49ers in Super Bowl in 2013. Ravens have a monster lead with 28-6 At the start of the 3rd quarter. 49ers attempt a comeback. Get close with a 31-29 score with 10 minutes left in the 4th quarter. Ravens use TOP and win the game. 49ers ALMOST made a comeback and won a Super Bowl.

3. Seahawks and 49ers in the NFC Championship in 2014. This one needs no explanation but for some who might forget, Kaerpernick throws a somewhat perfect pass to Crabtree. Except Crabtree doesn’t catch it. Sherman does! 49ers ALMOST beat the Seahawks to go to the Super Bowl.

Fast Forward 6 years.

4. Chiefs and 49ers in Super Bowl in 2020. 49ers had a 20-10 lead heading into the 4th quarter. Mahomes, perhaps at the start of his dynasty, makes a comeback and win. 49ers ALMOST won the Super Bowl.

5. Rams and 49ers in NFC Championship in 2022. 49ers had a 17-7 lead heading into the 4th quarter. Stafford and Rams make a comeback and win. 49ers ALMOST went to the Super Bowl.

6. Eagles and 49ers in NFC Championship in 2023. LOL 49ers didn’t even try with Purdy out.

And for the record, Apocalypto was a great movie.

Sherman didn't catch the ball .

94Smith

Reaction score
As well it should be...

That being said though another almost will be utter devastating to your team and fans..
I think any defeat is the same as any win. The joy or sadness only lasts until the next opportunity. 49ers have had a lot of almosts. But they have also had a lot of terrible seasons when you wonder why you are even watching them. I try to stay in the moment

OP
OP
M

Mizak

Reaction score
We got a new addition!

49ers led 22-19 with a minute to go on Overtime. Chiefs score Touchdown to win game. 49ers ALMOST won the Super Bowl.

rjas77

Reaction score
Ain’t that the truth…You will forget tonight in a couple years…that game still haunts me…

LastRideOut

Reaction score

It is probably #1. Only the Norwood miss is a competitor.

morgulon1

Reaction score
Yeah that almost sucked 😂