49ers coaching search continues...

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Sounds like Hue's agent likes to negotiate and posture via the media. IMO, not the best sign for the club that eventually hires him, but I guess that's the age we live in.

In Cleveland, he could essentially run the show. SF simply can't offer him that -- he will be under Baalke's thumb. Interesting to see how that plays out.

Marvin49

Reaction score
DavidSeven":76o0zzpj said:
Sounds like Hue's agent likes to negotiate and posture via the media. IMO, not the best sign for the club that eventually hires him, but I guess that's the age we live in.

In Cleveland, he could essentially run the show. SF simply can't offer him that -- he will be under Baalke's thumb. Interesting to see how that plays out.

Yeah....but it's Cleveland.

Even the most adamant Niner hater knows that Cleveland is the basement of the NFL.

I really don't know what to believe right now. Probably posturing all over the place and leverage being asserted...but who the real target is and who is being leveraged? No idea.

Niners contacting Coughlin to make leverage Hue into decision? Hue floating personnel rumor in Cle to force SF or NY. SOOOO mmany ways to decifer the info. No clue what the truth is.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Fwiw, I'm sure the Niners fans here already know this, but for everyone else:

Kyle McLorg has since completely backed off his claim that this was a "done deal."

[tweet]https://twitter.com/Kyle_McLorgBASG/status/686650240342949888[/tweet]

Back to being anyone's guess on who SF's next HC will be.

Marvin49

Reaction score
DavidSeven":3arrqjcr said:
Fwiw, I'm sure the Niners fans here already know this, but for everyone else:

Kyle McLorg has since completely backed off his claim that this was a "done deal."

[tweet]https://twitter.com/Kyle_McLorgBASG/status/686650240342949888[/tweet]

Back to being anyone's guess on who SF's next HC will be.

Yeah...that guy seems to think his source was absolutely sure but spoke too soon. He's been in a twitter battle with Mike Silver today. LOL.

Laloosh

Reaction score
rideaducati":3b2gqmlh said:
I'm still betting they hire Jim Mora.
York hire the guy that was run out of Seattle to make room for Pete? Niner fans would revolt.

But... Marvin would spin it ;)

rideaducati

Reaction score
Laloosh":93x8e98a said:
rideaducati":93x8e98a said:
I'm still betting they hire Jim Mora.
York hire the guy that was run out of Seattle to make room for Pete? Niner fans would revolt.

But... Marvin would spin it ;)

I'm not betting a LOT... I just don't see any hot candidates wanting to go there.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Tomsula is better than Mora, so yeah, I would love that.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
SeatownJay":35e08goe said:
So if you're Hue and your choices for a HC position are the Niners or the Browns, do you just say "nah, I'm good here" and wait til next year?
That or you start lobbying Philly and the G-men in an effort to get one of those jobs.

rideaducati

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":395au3zk said:
SeatownJay":395au3zk said:
So if you're Hue and your choices for a HC position are the Niners or the Browns, do you just say "nah, I'm good here" and wait til next year?
That or you start lobbying Philly and the G-men in an effort to get one of those jobs.

I thought the Giants requested an interview.

kearly

Reaction score
I hope Pete coaches until he's 80. That said, if he were to step down and Cable took his place, it would be fun watching the wars between Jackson and Cable.

rideaducati

Reaction score
KitsapGuy":a8d4mf42 said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/timkawakami/status/686993074258489344[/tweet]

Jeddy is gonna have to fire Baalke in order to lure a good coach to go there.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
kearly":3tc2jfjo said:
I hope Pete coaches until he's 80. That said, if he were to step down and Cable took his place, it would be fun watching the wars between Jackson and Cable.

Well, it doesn't look like that's going to happen in the NFC West.

Hue ain't interested in Santa Clara.

rideaducati

Reaction score
DavidSeven":12mgr0b0 said:
kearly":12mgr0b0 said:

Well, it doesn't look like that's going to happen in the NFC West.

Hue ain't interested in Santa Clara.

He could hold out another year and get the Los Angeles Rams job...my guess is that that job will be available soon.

Marvin49

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":3trxesgj said:
KitsapGuy":3trxesgj said:

you can take this to the bank, folks. Tim has been 100% right about all things 49er for some time now.

And in that very tweet, you can see why Tim is percieved to you to be right all the time. His tweet is essentially "49ers not pursing Hue unless the are again".

rideaducati

Reaction score
Marvin49":3bvjjmyk said:
peachesenregalia":3bvjjmyk said:
KitsapGuy":3bvjjmyk said:

you can take this to the bank, folks. Tim has been 100% right about all things 49er for some time now.

And in that very tweet, you can see why Tim is percieved to you to be right all the time. His tweet is essentially "49ers not pursing Hue unless the are again".

For a guy that wouldn't be surprised if the niners went 12-4 or 4-12, Tim seems to be exactly your type of reporter.

Marvin49

Reaction score
rideaducati":246cat81 said:
Marvin49":246cat81 said:
peachesenregalia":246cat81 said:
KitsapGuy":246cat81 said:

For a guy that wouldn't be surprised if the niners went 12-4 or 4-12, Tim seems to be exactly your type of reporter.

Seriously. :D

THAT's your response? I'm not a journalist. I don't have readers. I don't bank my reputation on accuracy. When I don't have any idea, I say "I don't have any idea".

I'm really, really hoping you can see the difference.

BTW...follow up...

Michael Silver ‏@MikeSilver I'm done Tweeting about Hue Jackson for now, until there's news to report. I stand by what I've said to this point: nothing done, no one out

Tim Kawakami ‏@timkawakami
Certainly possible there can be two interpretations, or more. 49ers probably haven't told Hue they've moved on...

Tim Kawakami ‏@timkawakami
49ers likely want to let the Cleveland and NYG situations play out and if Hue is still available after that, he's in Round 2/3/4 whatever.

I then asked Mike that question directly via twitter and his response was "I was pretty clear".

Bottom line? Who knows.

Latest posts