49ers coaching search continues...

Marvin49

Reaction score
rideaducati":2pluqxsv said:
hawknation2015":2pluqxsv said:
You mean there's still a chance they will hire Chip Kelly?

:snack:

Not if Baalke is still there.

Baalkes not going anywhere and if Chip wants an NFL job, the 49ers right now are the only team that's even interviewed him.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Marvin49":2gxnq29a said:
rideaducati":2gxnq29a said:
hawknation2015":2gxnq29a said:

Baalkes not going anywhere and if Chip wants an NFL job, the 49ers right now are the only team that's even interviewed him.

There's a reason for that.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Marvin49":1ocqw3af said:
rideaducati":1ocqw3af said:
hawknation2015":1ocqw3af said:

Then they have made their choice and the better coaches available won't go to Santa Clara. Its THAT simple. Until Baalke leaves, the niners will have the Tomsulas of the World coaching their team. Every coach knows what happened with Harbaugh because they all talk to other coaches.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":2cj31l58 said:
KitsapGuy":2cj31l58 said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/timkawakami/status/686993074258489344[/tweet]

you can take this to the bank, folks. Tim has been 100% right about all things 49er for some time now.
Timmy is Mr. Acuracy, if he says it, it's as good as gold!

rideaducati

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1w9hdlxo said:
peachesenregalia":1w9hdlxo said:
KitsapGuy":1w9hdlxo said:

you can take this to the bank, folks. Tim has been 100% right about all things 49er for some time now.

It's good that we know while Hue Jackson is interviewing in Cleveland that he hasn't been hired by the niners....but that he COULD be hired by the niners later... I didn't even need a tweet to figure that out on my own.

Marvin49

Reaction score
rideaducati":2sllcuhi said:
Sports Hernia":2sllcuhi said:
peachesenregalia":2sllcuhi said:
KitsapGuy":2sllcuhi said:

It's good that we know while Hue Jackson is interviewing in Cleveland that he hasn't been hired by the niners....but that he COULD be hired by the niners later... I didn't even need a tweet to figure that out on my own.

Precisely.

Tim doesn't really use sources. He writes opinion based editorials. THATS why I don't read him. He'll teet stuff like that where he's say something substantial...and then chicken out and give himself an out. Then he'll claim he was right either way.

"As I reported, the 49ers were out of the process entirely" or "As I reported, the 49ers were out of the process and then got back into it late".

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Marvin talking absolute rubbish yet again.

He's not just in total denial about the ineptitude of the 49ers power base, he's in denial about Tim's excellent journalism too.

I'll say it again. When Tim Kawakami started a podcast in the summer -- who was the first guest?

Jim Harbaugh.

That's Jim Harbaugh, who has barely done anything on the 49ers since leaving the team (apart from the occasional hilarious sub-tweet). Jim Harbaugh who hates talking to the media. Jim Harbaugh who is usually extremely frosty and annoying to interview. Jim Harbaugh speaking freely, openly and with some charm on Tim Kawakami's podcast.

But yeah, let's just keep pretending he doesn't have any respect from the people who matter in the Bay Area. Or that he doesn't have sources. Or that he doesn't know what he's talking about.

Maybe, just maybe -- he tells it how it is. And while Jed York might not think much about his incredibly poignant and accurate articles detailing the step-by-step demise of the 49ers... the people who are willing to stop covering THEIR ears and Jed's ARSE might actually see what a treasure he is.

Marvin49

Reaction score
chris98251":3o2o3anh said:
No means yes I guess.

Just means he doesn't have the first clue either.

This ain't me just not liking what he says as others say. My prob is he really didn't say anything while still being able to claim he's right either way. That's TK.

Hue may or may not be the Niners next head coach, but TK inserts himself into the discussion with very little to add.

hieroglyphics

Reaction score
Why on earth did the Raiders ever fire Cable or Jackson after producing the two best seasons they had since Rich Gannon?

chris98251

Reaction score
hieroglyphics":w5ccks8y said:
Why on earth did the Raiders ever fire Cable or Jackson after producing the two best seasons they had since Rich Gannon?

Same reason the 49ers fired Harbaugh.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
hieroglyphics":3xjo430h said:

Don't remember why Cable was fired but Jackson was fired because they brought in Reggie McKenzie as GM and he cleaned house.

Hue's hands weren't entirely clean in that either. After Al Davis died Jackson acted as de facto GM, and wanted to maintain total control and be part of the process of bringing in a GM to essentially work under him. Oakland instead opted to bring in a real GM, and in the resulting power struggle Jackson got canned.

That said, from an organizational perspective it was by far the most up-in-the-air year for what has generally been an up-in-the-air organization, so I don't thnk any of this diminishes Jackson as a coaching candidate at all.

The one thing it did do was (IMO unfairly) tarnish Hue as someone who really wants total top-down control. If that's true or not I think will be born out by the results of this process. If we assume all three circling parties want him (Browns, 49ers, Giants) then if he takes the Browns job we can safely conclude he wants the total control (9ers and Giants aren't going to give that to him), and if he's not all about that and wants the best situation he'll take the Giants job. I don't really see any scenario in which he is offered the 9ers job and takes it.

drdiags

Reaction score
Al fired Cable at the time saying he thought it was ridiculous that Cable was bragging about the Raiders going 8-8. He stated at the press conference announcing the firing that he couldn't keep a coach that would accept mediocrity. Now maybe the real reason was that he wanted to promote Hue Jackson or Cable knocking out his assistant coaches? Not sure.

I think Jamarcus Russell had flamed-out by then and Cable may have caught some of the blame. He had his control over the offense limited and Hue was seen as the rising star from what I remember the Raiders fans stating when the Seahawks picked up Cable. I am sure Mike Silver has numerous articles about what was happening behind the scenes.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
The report I heard was that Cleveland was going to offer Hue some say in personnel.

If that is true, how does SF counter? They have to alter their power structure, Trent Baalke would have to be driven out from under jed's desk.

So that would be Gase lost last year because he would not be allowed to hire his own staff, and Hue this year over having a say as well.

When will SF learn? If they want to dangle a name in front of ticket buyers, it is going to cost Trent some of his power.

The longer Trent stays, the more I get the feeling that even Jed will have to see it as a massive hindrance someday. The Jed/Trent divorce will be salacious fun.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Scottemojo":3v4nx96e said:
The report I heard was that Cleveland was going to offer Hue some say in personnel.

If that is true, how does SF counter? They have to alter their power structure, Trent Baalke would have to be driven out from under jed's desk.

So that would be Gase lost last year because he would not be allowed to hire his own staff, and Hue this year over having a say as well.

When will SF learn? If they want to dangle a name in front of ticket buyers, it is going to cost Trent some of his power.

The longer Trent stays, the more I get the feeling that even Jed will have to see it as a massive hindrance someday. The Jed/Trent divorce will be salacious fun.

Honestly I think there's alot of poker being played and I can't tell what real and what isn't.

IMO though I think the 49ers thought they had a deal done on Payton and thought they had a deal done on Jackson only in both instances for that to turn out to not be the case. Thats not confidense inspiring.

Baalke is just the latest whipping boy by people who hate the Niners or are frustrated with the team performance. People may see him as the architect of the demise with Harbaugh, but IMO it was more York...but I don't know that we'll ever really know the whole story.

If Jackson goes to NY he'd have the exact same problem with control. If that were the thing that pushes CLE over the top then I think he's have already taken the job by now.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
We'll find out when Tim Kawakami announces the news.

The search has been an embarrassment so far. Seattle fired Mora and knew EXACTLY who they wanted and delivered. The Niners appear to have very little idea about what they want -- which is why they're talking to a hodge podge of different candidates who couldn't be more different. There is no vision.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Michael Silver ‏@MikeSilver · 1m1 minute ago
Hue Jackson will become the next head coach of the Cleveland Browns. "They made me feel comfortable," he just told me.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Maybe Sean Payton will change his mind. York's a lovable little feller.

Latest posts