49ers coaching search continues...

Marvin49

Reaction score
Laloosh":1ouoex2r said:
Maybe Sean Payton will change his mind. York's a lovable little feller.

ugg...looks like they may go retread now. Not a fan of that...Coughlin or Shanahan. Don't like either choice.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Hue Jackson chose the Cleveland Browns over the San Francisco 49ers.

Let that sink in. And delight in it.

TwilightError

Reaction score
DavidSeven":x4zkcv3k said:
Hue Jackson chose the Cleveland Browns over the San Francisco 49ers.

Let that sink in. And delight in it.

This.. What a train wreck they have in Santa Clara...

rigelian

Reaction score
It must have been some awkward meeting for Hue to select the Browns. Or it may have been due to the article that the 49ers were "slow playing" Jackson because they didn't think the Browns option was credible. http://www.ninersnation.com/2016/1/13/1 ... ink-browns

If this article is accurate why would anyone want to coach for these arrogant guys?

Marvin49

Reaction score
Michael Silver ‏@MikeSilver · 31s31 seconds ago
I would expect the 49ers to choose between Tom Coughlin, Dirk Koetter (if still available), Chip Kelly, Mike Shanahan et al very soon

FearTheBlitz

Reaction score
Browns got Hue Jackson and some are thinking Colin Kaepernick might be going there as well... He would be their starter if he does most likely....

Marvin49

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":34dw4ytz said:
Wow. What an embarrassment of an organization. Like Rob said, no vision. They got rid of Harbaugh and apparently wanted Gase, but botched that so they went with a fat Ted Lasso. Then they fired fat Ted Lasso with apparently no idea which direction they want to go. they're such an unmitigated dumpster fire that no-one respectable wants to go near them, so they're left scraping the barrel with guys like Shanny, Kelly and Coughlin's animated corpse.

Honest question, Marvin - are you happy about the direction the 49ers seem to be heading in? They have no QB, no real identity on either side of the ball, a dreadful owner, no HC, a shitty GM (he's shitty, despite what you may believe), an indifferent fanbase, overpriced stadium seats.... I could go on. Vegas has the niners as a 60-1 outsider for the SB next year. Only one team has worse odds than that, and that's the team the 49ers main HC target just chose over them. Just two seasons ago, the niners were in the NFC championship game trying to get back to the SB for the second straight year. Now they're back to being basement dwellers, the butt of many NFL jokes. How does that make you feel as a season ticket holder, Marvin?

No.

I don't think the owner or GM are nearly as bad as people make out, but the long and shor answer is no.

As for how it feels as a season ticket holder? Indifferent. The two aren't connected in my mind. I'll suppor tthe team till I die.

Marvin49

Reaction score
FearTheBlitz":3qwf0xzw said:
Browns got Hue Jackson and some are thinking Colin Kaepernick might be going there as well... He would be their starter if he does most likely....

Possible. Hue loved Colin pre-draft and might have been a reason Hue was interested in SF to begin with.

rigelian

Reaction score
Marvin maybe the 49ers will be down for a Manziel for Kaep trade?

Laloosh

Reaction score
Baalke: "Well, Jed... I've found our guy!"

York: "Yipee! Who is it?"

Baalke: "Remember Jimmy T?"

York: "Yipee! We already paid him."

Fans: "WT... ?!!!"

York: "Trust me..."

Marvin49

Reaction score
rigelian":2sqnuc23 said:
Marvin maybe the 49ers will be down for a Manziel for Kaep trade?

um...no.

Maybe a move from 7 to 2 overall? :D

Laloosh

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/timkawakami/status/687334628554768384[/tweet]
[tweet]https://twitter.com/timkawakami/status/687336623063736320[/tweet]

rigelian

Reaction score
Marvin, more seriously, do you think it was possible that your front office was stalling Jackson based on the belief that he had no where else to go?

rideaducati

Reaction score
Marvin49":3tfr3uz8 said:
I would expect the 49ers to choose between Tom Coughlin, Dirk Koetter (if still available), Chip Kelly, Mike Shanahan et al very soon

Of those four, I think only Coughlin is a viable candidate. None of the other three would be able to work with Baalke's ego.

kearly

Reaction score
Marvin49":3cxzxftx said:
Baalke is just the latest whipping boy by people who hate the Niners or are frustrated with the team performance. People may see him as the architect of the demise with Harbaugh, but IMO it was more York...but I don't know that we'll ever really know the whole story.

Given that there were many stories and even some admissions about Harbaugh and Baalke not seeing eye to eye, versus few if any reported conflicts between Harbaugh and York, what makes you think York was the driving force?

If you put it differently, that is to say that York's general arrogance and incompetence is the root of all the problems, I could buy that.

rigelian

Reaction score
rideaducati":3lrv50je said:
Marvin49":3lrv50je said:

Of those four, I think only Coughlin is a viable candidate. None of the other three would be able to work with Baalke's ego.
I agree, the others would be a disaster. Now from a Seahawk's fan perspective, which would be the most entertaining disaster? I think it would be Chip.

Marvin49

Reaction score
rigelian":2hjp0ezv said:
Marvin, more seriously, do you think it was possible that your front office was stalling Jackson based on the belief that he had no where else to go?

Can't answer that. I don't know.

I do know that it'll be spun that way or any number of other unflattering ways, but I don't know what the truth is.