49ers fan dies after collapsing at Levi's Stadium

dunceface

Reaction score
All due respect to the affected, this is not a good start for Levi's stadium...

halfrack

Reaction score
I dunno, I live in Kansas now (14 years). A warm day is in the 90s. Went to a Rockies game a few years ago it was 80-86ish when we got there about an hour or so before sunset. The sun was beating down directly on us, after a few minutes it started to feel extremely hot. A few minutes more and it was beginning to get miserable. I went back into the refreshments area just to get out of the sun. I can certainty understand how someone in direct sunlight could succumb to it. I really feel for him, his friends and his family.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
dunceface":3nbxhgir said:
All due respect to the affected, this is not a good start for Levi's stadium...

This has absolutely nothing to do with the stadium.

Largent80

Reaction score
Marvin49" On the temperature thing...gotta remember that peeps are used to Candlestick where it was always about 20 degrees cooler than anywhere else in the bay. Still tho...a lot of complaints about the sun that's been cracking me up all morning.[/quote said:
Actually when we went down there for the game between the Hawks-9ers in 2009 it was one of those weird bay area heat waves, and we were sitting in the direct sun. The air temp. was in the 90's that day and in the sun it was brutal. The game was also brutal as the 9ers crushed us. (the 2 Gore 90 yard runs) remember that one?

Marvin49

Reaction score
Largent80":214bvka5 said:
Marvin49" On the temperature thing...gotta remember that peeps are used to Candlestick where it was always about 20 degrees cooler than anywhere else in the bay. Still tho...a lot of complaints about the sun that's been cracking me up all morning.[/quote:214bvka5 said:
Actually when we went down there for the game between the Hawks-9ers in 2009 it was one of those weird bay area heat waves, and we were sitting in the direct sun. The air temp. was in the 90's that day and in the sun it was brutal. The game was also brutal as the 9ers crushed us. (the 2 Gore 90 yard runs) remember that one?

I do. :)

If I recall it was week 2? Still warm weather in the bay.

Still tho, that's REALLY warm for the 'stick.

Polk738

Reaction score
I read that article and wondered if the guy was drinking or not because I don't think it mentioned it. For me if I'm in direct sunlight and its 80+ the last thing I want to do is drink because I know I'll just sweat to death. Looking at Levi's and seeing how theres almost no shade anywhere makes me appreciate Century Link's huge roofs. Even tho we have more of the elements to deal with than hot sunny weather obviously. That news video I watched stated multiple issues for that stadium, some sections ran out of hotdogs, tailgaters had to park really far away, expensive parking, etc etc.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
I feel like maybe my computer is broken, and the phrase "107 degrees" is being replaced by "80 degrees", because there's no logical explanation for anyone to get within 20 miles of health problems from dehydration ON A FREAKING 80-DEGREE DAY EVEN WHILE DRINKING A LOT OF ALCOHOL!