49ers Fan Sues Seahawks

Hawknballs

Reaction score
so is someone going to sue the broncos because they have the same policy?

A

Anonymous

Hawknballs; saving the world, one avatar at a time. :mrgreen:

This guy is an idiot and it will get him nothing.

Going Pro Se is not necessarily a foolish thing. It is foolish when you lose while retaining counsel and have to pay both the judgment, and the attorney fees.

I have successfully won three court cases going Pro Se, two in traffic court, and one as the respondent in a suit, and would do it again if I had to. The key is being prepared and filing the correct documentation at the right times before court, and handling yourself properly when you are in court. A task most are not up to, hence the "...fool for an attorney" line.

In my experience, the key to winning a pro se case is getting the judge to openly reprimand the opposing attorney for disdainful body language and eye-rolling that occurs when they attempt to make you look like a fool instead of defending their client in the same manner as they would against another attorney. It's easy to do, as EVERY attorney will at some point openly shake their head and/or roll their eyes as though they are too good to be in this situation up against a "common person" defending themselves.

You simply wait for your moment, then say" Objection, your honor, Counsel's body language and eye-rolling in your direction is detrimental to this proceeding, further, counsel's attempts to demean and belittle the respondent's counsel is not in his own client's best interest. If it pleases the court, I would respectfully request that your honor acknowledge this behavior and act accordingly to cleanse this proceeding accordingly so that both my client and counsel's client receive a fair judgement in this matter."

Works every time.

Trenchbroom

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":3uj1089f said:
Aros posting this and us commenting on it just proves how obsessed we all are with the 49ers, though.

Nonsense. I read Reddit, and much of the pleasure of that website is basking in the stupidity of others. That's exactly what we are doing here.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
Trenchbroom":1gachl6c said:
Smelly McUgly":1gachl6c said:
Aros posting this and us commenting on it just proves how obsessed we all are with the 49ers, though.

Nonsense. I read Reddit, and much of the pleasure of that website is basking in the stupidity of others. That's exactly what we are doing here.

I must disagree. Only Seahawk fans care about all things 49er this much. For example, would you ever see a ten-page post on Webzone about Russell Wilson getting divorced or threads on Niners Nation about every possible transaction the Seahawks make this offseason?

I think not.

And I guarantee you posters like Popeye aren't lurking here ready to let you know this very same thing as soon as they get the chance.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":2p8eyuvb said:

Please. Like you wouldn't find the same thing on 49ers fan boards if the shoe was on the other foot? It's relevant and Seahawks-related, it's fun to talk about in a Seahawks forum, get over yourself.

SilkMonkey

Reaction score
ITS RIGHT THERE IN THE CONSTITUTION DAMNIT!

AMENDMENT 49: THE GOVERNMENT SHALL FORCE THE SEAHAWKS (AND ONLY THE SEAHAWKS) OF THE NFL TO SELL ALL HOME GAME TICKETS TO 49ERS FANS AND MAKE NO RULE OR LAW ESTABLISHING TO THE CONTRARY. ANYONE WHO HAS THIS RIGHT VIOLATED IS ENTITLED TO FULL RECOMPENSE EQUIVALENT TO THE SIZE OF MORON.

:sarcasm_off: :49ersmall:

HawkFanNC

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":390nz0eo said:
Trenchbroom":390nz0eo said:
Smelly McUgly":390nz0eo said:

I must disagree. Only Seahawk fans care about all things 49er this much. For example, would you ever see a ten-page post on Webzone about Russell Wilson getting divorced or threads on Niners Nation about every possible transaction the Seahawks make this offseason?

I think not.

And I guarantee you posters like Popeye aren't lurking here ready to let you know this very same thing as soon as they get the chance.

I can't speak for everyone, but I don't care about "all things 49er." I do, however, enjoy laughing at 49ers fans any chance I get. It never gets old.

As for one never seeing a ten-page post on Webzone about Russell Wilson getting divorced, here is your ten-page post on Webzone about Russell Wilson getting divorced...

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/nfl/178161-russell-wilson-files-divorce/

Our Man in Chicago

Reaction score
HoustonHawk82":1pewx3ex said:
The key is being prepared and filing the correct documentation at the right times before court, and handling yourself properly when you are in court. A task most are not up to, hence the "...fool for an attorney" line.

Well, you're right. My perspective is that not every pro se filing is total rubbish, but most totally rubbish filings are pro se.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":qyrjf27d said:
Trenchbroom":qyrjf27d said:
Smelly McUgly":qyrjf27d said:

I think not.

I take this as more of a lesson in Psychology. Some people need to learn to let things that are not as important go. Some believe that there is a 49th amendment. Some believe that there is an entitlement to their own and only their own opinion. Most of us just laugh at that. I also remember that we are just human and our wants and needs are not always satisfied. Obviously 50 million will satisfy his need for the moment. Then he will have another need that will need to be satisfied, then another, then another, and he ends up entitled to the rubber room. :mrgreen:

:thirishdrinkers: :thirishdrinkers: :thirishdrinkers:

jhawk91

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":3uylq59v said:
Trenchbroom":3uylq59v said:
Smelly McUgly":3uylq59v said:

I think not.

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/nfl/1 ... s-divorce/

Ten pages long.....

ZagHawk

Reaction score
I'll take this for what it is. Someone trying to get a nice settlement. They lost the game, can't be that upset about not going. If you wanted to go bad enough, you could buy tickets on StubHub, I saw plenty of Niner fans at the NFCCG. Even IF the Seahawks opened up general ticket sales, there were probably only like 5% of the stadium even available. So I highly doubt that person would have been able to get a ticket in the first place, since brokers with bots snatch it all up in like .5 a second anyway. This scumbag just wants to get paid in sue happy America.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
You know who needs to get sued? The companies that cater to scalpers that buy up all the seats to flip for 3-4x the face value of the ticket that forces these rules to even be created in the first place.

And I loaded the Ticketmaster page at 10:00:01 AM PST that morning.. they were already sold out. I live 15 minutes from the stadium. You mean to tell me some guy in Nebraska should have preference over a local fan? GTFOH

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":3066lup9 said:
Come on, guys, I know sarcasm is hard to read, but I thought that I went over-the-top and obvious enough not to need to tag it.

I'll remember this for next time.

I got you Smelly

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":n8az33ur said:
Come on, guys, I know sarcasm is hard to read, but I thought that I went over-the-top and obvious enough not to need to tag it.

I'll remember this for next time.

My bad. I'm on my man period.

Latest posts