49ers likely to trade up for Benjamin, Evans , or Lee.

OP
OP
M

MikeHoncho7

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":166gnlbk said:
MikeHoncho7":166gnlbk said:
Exittium":166gnlbk said:
Well the fact still remains.. It doesnt after who the 49ers draft.. They still suck, and the Hawks are WORLD CHAMPIONS! heh.. Had to.

Yea but you gotta admit if we go up and draft Watkins and resign Boldin. Yall gotta be concerned.

Boldin- Crabtree- Watkins- Davis- Patton

If Sammy Watkins falls to #20, there will be so much trading up action that the Arizona Cardinals would get multiple picks from the other teams, including a 2015 first rounder. Either that, or he's got such a bad degenerative disease (he doesn't), that no one will touch him.

No way he falls to SF.

I never said hed drop to 20. san fran can trade up to the top 10.
they have 1 1st 2 2nds 2 3rds and 2 4rth.
Theyre gonna go up, question is how far up .

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Maybe I'm talking out of my...I just don't see how the 49ers got all this cap room to resign Boldin..Any other key FA's they have and have enough to sign all these draft picks..Even more so if they traded up for a high$$$ draft pick...

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
MikeHoncho7":v5y9v2kq said:
Sarlacc83":v5y9v2kq said:
MikeHoncho7":v5y9v2kq said:
Exittium":v5y9v2kq said:
Well the fact still remains.. It doesnt after who the 49ers draft.. They still suck, and the Hawks are WORLD CHAMPIONS! heh.. Had to.

Yea but you gotta admit if we go up and draft Watkins and resign Boldin. Yall gotta be concerned.

If Sammy Watkins falls to #20, there will be so much trading up action that the Arizona Cardinals would get multiple picks from the other teams, including a 2015 first rounder. Either that, or he's got such a bad degenerative disease (he doesn't), that no one will touch him.

No way he falls to SF.

they have 2 2nds 2 3rds and 2 4rth.

Daaah, I missed that. You are correct.

Fortunately Harbaugh's planning to tank those picks now.

With the 30th pick, the 49ers select, D'Jasper Pronbincrux III. South Carolina State University.

OP
OP
M

MikeHoncho7

Reaction score
Last year 49ers traded up to 18th by trading 31st and 74th(3rd) picks.
Also Rams traded the 16th for the 8th with buffalo, rams gave up. 2nd, 3rd and 7th.
So 49ers give up 30th and 77th to get up to 16ish.
Then they trade 15th 61th(2nd) 90th(3rd) 6th. to maybe bucs , vkings, or bills.

So really is possible to jump in to top 10 and get Watkins

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
MikeHoncho7":2dnghwut said:
Exittium":2dnghwut said:

Not really. Are any of the new draft picks going to be Kaepernick's first read? If not, then nothing has changed.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
MikeHoncho7":bjhtoobd said:
Also Rams traded the 16th for the 8th with buffalo, rams gave up. 2nd, 3rd and 7th.

I wouldn't use last years draft as a good premise. We all know it was a bad year at the top end of the draft and teams were literally begging to trade down.

I mean Miami only gave up a 3rd round pick to move up from #12 overall to #3 overall. Don't think it'll be that cheap this year with all this talent. But yes, SF definitely has the firepower to move up, but it'll cost a lot compared to last years trades if they want to.

OP
OP
M

MikeHoncho7

Reaction score
dontbelikethat":3r2yezqq said:
MikeHoncho7":3r2yezqq said:

I wouldn't use last years draft as a good premise. We all know it was a bad year at the top end of the draft and teams were literally begging to trade down.

I mean Miami only gave up a 3rd round pick to move up from #12 overall to #3 overall. Don't think it'll be that cheap this year with all this talent. But yes, SF definitely has the firepower to move up, but it'll cost a lot compared to last years trades if they want to.

Actually they gave up a 2nd round pick.
but yea your right this draft is deeper so picks will be a lil more valuable.
Allthough I dont think it wil be that much.
Theres always a draft value chart, just to kind of have an idea of the value of each pick.
Of course thats not the end all though. And I do think the value of each pick is gonna be dependant on the team and the players available.

HawkMeat

Reaction score
MikeHoncho7":3o8gbt2s said:

You are dreaming and why shouldn't you. This year's draft is much better and I would be surprised if Watkins and Evans for that matter drop past 10.

What did the Falcons cough up for Jones? That may be more likely what they would need to do, if they go in that direction. The two best WR'S in a fantastic draft for offense. If anything it will be fun to see how this plays out.

OP
OP
M

MikeHoncho7

Reaction score
HawkMeat":zx32qqrk said:
MikeHoncho7":zx32qqrk said:

You are dreaming and why shouldn't you. This year's draft is much better and I would be surprised if Watkins and Evans for that matter drop past 10.

What did the Falcons cough up for Jones? That may be more likely what they would need to do, if they go in that direction. The two best WR'S in a fantastic draft for offense. If anything it will be fun to see how this plays out.

Well I guess you could argue that. That was regarded as one of the deepest draft classes in the last 10 years. This one is also regarded pretty high up there. I do think though that the 9ers have the picks to get in that top 10. THe falcons gave up 2 1sts. 1 2nd and 2 4rths.
I contended We would need to trade at least 1st , 2nd , 2-3rds and 6th.
We might need an extra 2nd or 4rth rounder in there who knows, but I do think it can be done. Just depends how high were trying to get. The Falcons traded up from 27th to 6th.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
If you trade up for a WR you better hope that WR is Kaep's first read or he'll never see the ball.

:th2thumbs:

OP
OP
M

MikeHoncho7

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":15h8vxjv said:
If you trade up for a WR you better hope that WR is Kaep's first read or he'll never see the ball.

:th2thumbs:

The sad thing is I cant really say anything cuz its true.
I mean unless He starts to make some improvements in that area next year.
We shall see, He's a hard worker and thats one of the main reasons why I think he can improve.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Getting more WRs for Kaep isn't going to change the way he throws or looks for open receivers. It is a legit situation and something he has to improve on. Even if it is a great receiver the actual impact will be diminished as Kaeperstank locks in on his 1.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
I would hate for Kap to get a Sammy Watkins or Mike Evans. I don't care if you think he is a one read guy. It was pretty obvious how much better he was when Crabtree came back. Giving him a truly elite wide receiver like those two is bad news for the NFC West.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
IndyHawk":31zbpj30 said:
Maybe I'm talking out of my...I just don't see how the 49ers got all this cap room to resign Boldin..Any other key FA's they have and have enough to sign all these draft picks..Even more so if they traded up for a high$$$ draft pick...

Assuming the new cap projections are correct, they currently have 11 million in room. It's because of a few things:

1) 9ers fans have resigned themselves to losing Iupati and either one or both of Whitner and Brown, the same way the team lost Goldson, Walker, Francois, and Sopoaga last year (Hawks fans believing they won't have to lose their guys they'd rather keep are the same way 9ers fans were last year; 9ers fans are just a year farther along in cap hell and have learned to be more circumspect due to the reality of it).

2) That leaves Aldon, Kaepernick, and Crabtree as potential "keeps." Aldon will play out this year and get the fifth year team option for being a first rounder since the new CBA. Kaep will likely play out this year and get franchised next year, which makes sense over an extension right now both from a salary and development perspective. Crabtree will most likely be allowed to hit FA next year.

3) The 9ers will likely have three of their biggest salaries coming off the books (or being restructured) in the next 12 months: Carlos Rogers (in the next few months), Frank Gore, and Justin Smith (both FAs after next year). Smith will likely be restructured. Rogers and Gore are gone after this year and next year.

4) Boldin is a much more accomplished player than Tate, but he's 33 years old so he's cheaper. The Seahawks have a blessing that is really ONLY a problem in terms of the cap in that basically all of their real talent is just entering its prime or before its prime. From a talent perspective that's awesome, from a cap perspective it's awful. The 9ers have talent much more spread out across age distributions, which is very preferable from a cap perspective, but not as good from a talent perspective (oddly, due to the cap it almost ends up being a wash).

5) Due to the new CBA signing draft picks isn't cost-prohibitive anymore. The 9ers have been planning for all of this by stockpiling picks, which due to the new CBA are more valuable than they used to be, particularly for top picks (due to the salary scale) and first round picks (due to the 5th year team option).

Long story short, the 9ers can basically do what they want this year. They've been planning for the future to varied success (VERY successful so far in replacing Goldson Sopoaga/Francois, not very succesful so far in replacing Walker), but the real gut punch from the cap won't come until after this upcoming season, and even that might not be that big of a hit, given the age distribution of the roster (if there is to be a problem, it will more likely be a talent problem than a cap problem).

Marvin49

Reaction score
MikeHoncho7":16cmp3tc said:
Sarlacc83":16cmp3tc said:
MikeHoncho7":16cmp3tc said:
Exittium":16cmp3tc said:

No way he falls to SF.

they have 1 1st 2 2nds 2 3rds and 2 4rth.
Theyre gonna go up, question is how far up .

Just to clarify..

Niners have a 1st round pick, 2 2nd round picks, 2 3rd round picks, and a single 4, 5, and 6 along with 3 7s. They will likely get another 3rd or 4th as a compensatory pick for Goldson which cannot be traded. Most think it will be a 3.

For the record, I'm not nearly as confident they'll go up. Its a deep draft at their need positions (CB, WR) so they may stay where they are and stockpile good players at those positions.

Marvin49

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":2m48bcyz said:
Getting more WRs for Kaep isn't going to change the way he throws or looks for open receivers. It is a legit situation and something he has to improve on. Even if it is a great receiver the actual impact will be diminished as Kaeperstank locks in on his 1.

True and not true.

A WR or another TE with speed can create space.

Kap really missed Moss and Walker this year and it wasn't because they caught 100 balls. It was because defenses had to respect them and created space for Crab and Davis. I was amazed how much respect defenses gave Moss at his age...yet they did it week after week.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Popeyejones":3509hphy said:
IndyHawk":3509hphy said:

Assuming the new cap projections are correct, they currently have 11 million in room. It's because of a few things:

1) 9ers fans have resigned themselves to losing Iupati and either one or both of Whitner and Brown, the same way the team lost Goldson, Walker, Francois, and Sopoaga last year (Hawks fans believing they won't have to lose their guys they'd rather keep are the same way 9ers fans were last year; 9ers fans are just a year farther along in cap hell and have learned to be more circumspect due to the reality of it).

2) That leaves Aldon, Kaepernick, and Crabtree as potential "keeps." Aldon will play out this year and get the fifth year team option for being a first rounder since the new CBA. Kaep will likely play out this year and get franchised next year, which makes sense over an extension right now both from a salary and development perspective. Crabtree will most likely be allowed to hit FA next year.

3) The 9ers will likely have three of their biggest salaries coming off the books (or being restructured) in the next 12 months: Carlos Rogers (in the next few months), Frank Gore, and Justin Smith (both FAs after next year). Smith will likely be restructured. Rogers and Gore are gone after this year and next year.

4) Boldin is a much more accomplished player than Tate, but he's 33 years old so he's cheaper. The Seahawks have a blessing that is really ONLY a problem in terms of the cap in that basically all of their real talent is just entering its prime or before its prime. From a talent perspective that's awesome, from a cap perspective it's awful. The 9ers have talent much more spread out across age distributions, which is very preferable from a cap perspective, but not as good from a talent perspective (oddly, due to the cap it almost ends up being a wash).

5) Due to the new CBA signing draft picks isn't cost-prohibitive anymore. The 9ers have been planning for all of this by stockpiling picks, which due to the new CBA are more valuable than they used to be, particularly for top picks (due to the salary scale) and first round picks (due to the 5th year team option).

Long story short, the 9ers can basically do what they want this year. They've been planning for the future to varied success (VERY successful so far in replacing Goldson Sopoaga/Francois, not very succesful so far in replacing Walker), but the real gut punch from the cap won't come until after this upcoming season, and even that might not be that big of a hit, given the age distribution of the roster (if there is to be a problem, it will more likely be a talent problem than a cap problem).

Agree with most of that.

The secondary is going to get rebuilt this offseason. Rogers, Brown and Whitner all gone. It needed a rebuild tho.

The 49ers opened the season with Brown and Rogers as their corners and Nnamdi as the #3. Right now, we are looking at Culliver, Brock and Cox. Brown is underrated, but Rogers and Nnamdi are replaceable (which is why Nnamdi was released). Culliver was their best corner in 2012. We'll see how he comes back from that torn ACL in camp. Brock played well enough this year to become a starter and get a new deal in the middle of the year. Cox will likely not end up being the #3 because my bet is that the 49ers use more than one of those top 6 picks on a corner,

SS is really a question mark. I'm sure they will draft someone, but not sure they can trust a rook to start there. Should be interesting to see.

RedAlice

Reaction score
Marvin49":3398yv66 said:
Just to clarify..

Niners have a 1st round pick, 2 2nd round picks, 2 3rd round picks, and a single 4, 5, and 6 along with 3 7s. They will likely get another 3rd or 4th as a compensatory pick for Goldson which cannot be traded. Most think it will be a 3.

For the record, I'm not nearly as confident they'll go up. Its a deep draft at their need positions (CB, WR) so they may stay where they are and stockpile good players at those positions.

Based on what I've been reading for the Rams, this draft is deep for exactly that (CB and WR), plus OL. I am curious if the Niners will trade up though, given their depth of picks in the first 3 rounds.

Given that they have failed to win a SB with a SB caliber team for 3 years, I wonder if it's do it now, or build it up. I kinda think they are wanting to win now. Which might mean trading up for a WR? You know better than me, but I could see that.

After comps, I think both Niners and Rams have the most picks of all teams. though, yours are early and ours are late.

Marvin49

Reaction score
RedAlice":1asc1p65 said:
Marvin49":1asc1p65 said:
Just to clarify..

Based on what I've been reading for the Rams, this draft is deep for exactly that (CB and WR), plus OL. I am curious if the Niners will trade up though, given their depth of picks in the first 3 rounds.

Given that they have failed to win a SB with a SB caliber team for 3 years, I wonder if it's do it now, or build it up. I kinda think they are wanting to win now. Which might mean trading up for a WR? You know better than me, but I could see that.

After comps, I think both Niners and Rams have the most picks of all teams. though, yours are early and ours are late.

Well, thanks to the idiot Redskins, one of yours is REALLY early. Hey...look at that...another franchise QB might be sitting there for another team to give up the farm to trade for.

Sigh. I'm jealous. Won't even bother to deny it. :D

As for your win it now thing...they want to remain competitive for as long as possible. That's right from Trent Baalkes mouth. That's why they wouldn't pay Goldson and won't pay Whitner.

WR isn't as big a need as people think tho. Boldin is likely back and Patton could be the #3. They could use some speed, but if they take a WR high he probably won't start.

CB and Safety are actually bigger needs.

Largent80

Reaction score
So what if they pick a WR?....Almost every single one that gets drafted doesn't make an impact in their first year, sometimes not even in their second or third year.

Latest posts