49ers Super Bowl teams would beat us to a pulp?

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
How sad has the Whiner fanbase become when they come up with this kind if absolutely pathetic crap. We won the Owl, you didn't. We beat you in the process. STFU and deal with it like adults you freakin' LOSERS!
Scoreboard

Marvin49

Reaction score
TAB420":19qmvxbv said:
I tried to reason with them and got banned for two days....lol

HEHE...

...you did a bit more than "try to talk reason".

More like poking a stick at an angry bear. :D

TAB420

Reaction score
Marvin49":1mih9adj said:
TAB420":1mih9adj said:

HEHE...

The sad part is all I did was not agree with them. I never even mentioned championship to them but got the old 5-1 rings and Seahawks are one and done. But my favorite is next years is our year. We will show you Seahawk fans next year. I did tell them there team mascot was a stinky miner but whatever...

Scottemojo

Reaction score
The 300 greeks were some bad ass soldiers.

Still woulda got their ass kicked by ten army rangers.

Marvin49

Reaction score
TAB420":3uut8msm said:
Marvin49":3uut8msm said:
TAB420":3uut8msm said:

HEHE...

The sad part is all I did was not agree with them. I never even mentioned championship to them but got the old 5-1 rings and Seahawks are one and done. But my favorite is next years is our year. We will show you Seahawk fans next year.

To be fair...I got alot of that HERE last year. :D

There are still some peeps who are pretty upset about you guys winning. No doubt. You'd feel the same if the niners had won it last year or this year.

As a vet of spending alot of time on another teams board...you just gotta know what gonna rile up the natives and what won't. I am certainly guilty of taking to too far tho.

No worries.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
The Radish":2dsrccjj said:
Marvin49":2dsrccjj said:
The Radish":2dsrccjj said:
I think they have missed one important point here.

Those teams of the 80s would have beat THEIR teams to a pulp not just us!!

And the stillirs teams of the mid 70s would have beat all of us to a pulp!

Marvin is right, its really hard to compare different eras. Defensive penaltys that now a days would get 15 yards and sometimes a tossing, would be congratulated as a good stop in those days.

:les:

I honestly don't think Ronnie could have played. He'd have been suspended every other week.

Not just Ronnie either. lol

Then lets go back a few years for Dick Butkus or Ray Nitschke, what a train wreck those guys were. Lots of great backs since but they set the tone.

:les:
The comparison is impossible beyond pure physical numbers they had to change the rules because of the cheap shot clothesline move Lane did all the time let alone the outright thuggery Mel Blount and contemparies engaged in. Basically modern teams under their rules would kill them, literally not figuratively.

JMR

Reaction score
One thing we need to consider when these sorts of questions come up is that -- in my own opinion -- there's only so much comparing you can do between teams on different sides of the salary cap era. The cap first appeared in 1994, which is coincidentally when SF won their last SB. They still had Rice, Brent Jones & Taylor, but Steve Young was the QB and Watters their RB. The D was completely different from what they had in their 80s years of dominance. Their 94 team ranked #1 in points scored and #6 in points against. That's pretty stout. I think it woud be a great matchup between these 2 teams.

morgulon1

Reaction score
AgentDib":36jtbqo6 said:
The short answer is that the '13 Seahawks would be heavily favored against the '84 49ers if they played on a neutral field via a time machine.

The long answer is that you just can't compare football teams across 30 year gaps because NFL athletes get bigger, stronger and faster every year. Sports science has advanced in leaps and bounds along with modern medicine. The NFL has also broadened to include a much larger pool of potential players which increases competition in every age bracket and results in the ones who make the NFL simply being better players. A middling modern NFL team like the '13 Rams would probably beat the '85 bears more often than not.

That doesn't mean that teams from previous eras cannot be considered among the best, because the players on that team did not have all of the advantages that modern NFL athletes have. All of the players on previous championship teams would be better themselves if they played today. The flaw is in any question that tries to compare players across eras based on the advantages they had at the time. Babe Ruth taken right out of the 1920's probably couldn't make the Mariners' A farm team, but if he had been born in the modern era and followed the same career path there is certainly a chance that things could have still gone well for him.

I agree with a large portion of this, although in baseball it is easier to compare eras ( excluding players who shattered records while on steroids ) because the rules really haven't changed that much. Football has evolved as a game as well as the players.

Could you imagine the Seahawks taking on Vince Lombardi's Super bowl Packers?? Sheeeeeesh.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
TXHawkFan":2fkrpdx9 said:
IndyHawk":2fkrpdx9 said:
acer1240":2fkrpdx9 said:
Like most others I believe in evolution of the game. This team would destroy any team of the 60's, 70's or 80's. Bigger, stronger, faster.
If those players were in their past form.....What if they were in todays condition,peds and all that?They would still be stars..Good players ect..I feel like people overlook this..You going to tell me Joe Montana wouldn't be great today?With all the pansy
rules of today all over the field..I feel like you people would be in for a shock..

Some superstars like Joe Montana, Jerry Rice, and Walter Payton would probably be stars in any era. Many of the rank-and-file players of previous eras wouldn't even get a look today, though. Even someone like Jim Brown, who was physically superior to virtually everyone he played against in the Sixties, would find the talent gap drastically reduced if he played today.
I'll agree with this..Most mega Superstars of any sport would be great today..You could throw so many names in that hat..

EntiatHawk

Reaction score
Tokadub":1mdro7fy said:
Honestly the 49ers should continually earn our respect no matter how lame their team is and how big of jerks all their fans happen to be.

We are lucky to have this Super Bowl. The 49ers would have whipped us if it wasn't for their stupid offensive coordinator who seems similar to Bevell or Pete's philosophy.

Frank Gore ran 11 TIMES for 14 YARDS... 1.3 yards per carry. Talk about a lucky charm of a game for us...

If they didn't try to force the run they could have easily won. If Kaepernick wasn't such a dumb $#(^ they would of DESTROYED US.

Let's not get all high and mighty just quite yet when it comes to the 49ers, even though I believe we are on the rise and they are on the decline, they nearly beat us at home in a game where they pretty much got screwed by the refs hate to say it, it's true.

That is why I am so concerned about us improving our offensive line and retaining Golden Tate, our offense barely won the game... on one free play, talk about miraculous luck for us.

No matter how good our defense was, fact is that they very nearly beat us and the game lied on one play. I'm sorry but I don't want to have a mediocre offense next season, let Bennett go keep Tate and bring us a legit O-Line so we can win. The 49ers should NOT have been that great of a challenge to us at home, our offense was weak sauce.

They got some bad calls but they also got some good ones. So it does go both ways. Whe Kaep kicks the ball after being stripped that was illegal and their line recovers. We were just about to recover the ball. Also the non call of hitting Lane out of bounds. So I would not say the 9ers got jobbed and we did win the game.