5 Observations From Seahawks Eighth Training Camp Practice

Jville

Reaction score
Please Note: The following link has been posted for the benefit of those who like to read and listen.

5 Observations From Seahawks Eighth Training Camp Practice >>> [urltargetblank]https://www.si.com/nfl/seahawks/news/5-observations-from-seattle-seahawks-eighth-training-camp-practice[/urltargetblank]

Updates on the offensive line are somewhat hard to come by. Some forum members are interested. So the below quote is posted for those genuinely interested in the subject ..............
Aside from maybe linebacker coach John Glenn, no positional coach has had to deal with more turnover day-to-day in terms of available personnel than Solari. Veteran left tackle Duane Brown has yet to practice as he pursues a new contract, Ethan Pocic has been working back from a hamstring, while new right guard Gabe Jackson has had a few rest days and both Jamarco Jones and Cedric Ogbuehi have been nicked up with minor injuries and missed a practice apiece.

But if there's a silver lining, Solari seems to have plenty of players to mix and match up front, showcasing quality depth in the trenches. Ogbuehi saw the bulk of the first-team right tackle reps, continuing his competition against Brandon Shell for a starting role. Meanwhile, Fuller rotated back in with the ones and Pocic flipped back to the second team. With Jackson, Brown, and rookie Stone Forsythe all out on Friday, third-year guard Phil Haynes and Jones played nearly all of the team snaps with the first offense.

chris98251

Reaction score
Not a good thing when learning a new offense and needing to get line calls down.

OP
OP
J

Jville

Reaction score
I would think that after hearing so much about opportunity regrets from last year, giving everybody an opportunity to show what they can do is a priority at this stage. Getting a look at different personnel mixes is a plus for building offensive line depth. I guess it's all in how one looks at it.

chris98251

Reaction score
Jville":31ugpxf5 said:
I would think that after hearing so much about opportunity regrets from last year, giving everybody an opportunity to show what they can do is a priority at this stage. Getting a look at different personnel mixes is a plus for building offensive line depth. I guess it's all in how one looks at it.

In this situation I think learning as a unit and chemistry and feeling how the guy next to you reacts is important with new line calls and such, harder to build that with a heavy rotation of guys, like a glove with the fingers missing off two of them and the thumb.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
I also found the injury and not practicing list after today's practice to be concerning, but agree it's a very good thing to see depth getting reps. I think the Coaches already pretty much know who the starting 5 will be if everyone is healthy.