67 Members After A Loss?

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
What has happened to .NET?? Wait, don't answer that, I am afraid of the multitude of responses.

I remember years ago there were several hundred members any given hour, day, minute, second on this site, especially after a win or loss.

67?

RIP NET. It was fun while it lasted. You are a mere shell of yourself.

rjdriver

Reaction score
Lots of platform options now.. (FB, Twitter, etc..?
Getting late...?
Close to Christmas....?
Frustrating loss...?
Fear of being demonized as someone who "enjoys losses" when offering legitimate criticism?
Ad Hominem attacks much more frequent..?
No alpha dog poster(s) with insightful game observations everyone looks forward to reading after a game ...?

Probably lots of reasons I suppose, but yeah, 67 surprises me too @Aros

Rainger

Reaction score
What has happened to .NET?? Wait, don't answer that, I am afraid of the multitude of responses.

I remember years ago there were several hundred members any given hour, day, minute, second on this site, especially after a win or loss.

67?

Ty Aros for your post. You as always are exactly right.

Unfortunately I believe it is sign of the times and the moving to 1984.

The media and indoctrination systems in schools has really created not only a serious divide but social media has created a very mean spirited world where everyone needs to attack anything and everything that is posted. After attacks against me I have been guilty as well. I am sorry for that.

Certain people pick a person and like a pack of wolves desend on them with vitriol. I left .net a few years ago when I was seeing the start of this.

It is now 1000 times worse. It is clearly the way the world is turning.

Very sad for us aged.

Thank you for all you have done but I am signing off for a while. I am sure that will make bunch of the dick heads on .net happy. You know who you are.

But far too many now just want to tear down anything and everyone especially if you are even a slight bit positive about anything.

Signing off!

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
The traditional message board format is kind of going the way of the dodo. Things like Reddit, Discord, Twitter, Facebook groups, etc have grown and absorbed a lot of the traditional messageboard folk. More instantaneous feedback and analysis from professionals and amateur armchair QB's like us on those platforms.

I happen to like this highly dysfunctional family though. We've got the drunk uncle Fade, the kids friends that never seem to leave, but you love them anyways in Red Alice and Marvin49, the eternal optimist in K.earsly, the emo kid that is always a downer in myself, the loving grandfather in AROS and so on and so forth

It's not about the Seahawks but the drunk, angry friends we made along the way.

rjdriver

Reaction score
Losing Radish was the start. You can't loose that much pure goodness and not be affected. I miss the old guard, even the cantankerous ones. or perhaps, especially the cantankerous ones.

RiverDog

Reaction score

67?

The trend has shifted to social media, mainly to Twitter. It's easier to use with a phone, of which most of the younger generation has turned to. I'm an old man addicted to his tablet and my phone sits on the counter most of the day. Other fan forums are seeing the same downturn in participation.

seabowl

Reaction score
As much as it’s been fun to watch a different style of offense this year, I just don’t believe the Hawks can make a serious run. Geno is good but not great, the running game the last three or four years can’t stay healthy, and the Defense the last four or so years has been downright bad. Again for me, the team does not provide enough confidence for me to think they can make any type of deep run without these things being fixed. I think progress is being made, but there was never a time this season that I thought this team was a serious contender. I think until this team shows they have a legitimate shot at going somewhere you won’t have as many people commenting on the board.

Lastly, I love this site and appreciate all the hard work that has been put into it over the years. Thank you.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
A lot of people were upset about Wilson..likely somewhere else looking for news. Really..really hoping he plays next week.

As for the game definitely the worst performance of the year. Unless they can pull off 3 outta 4 wins I think its on to the draft. Gotta feeling Detroit gets that last wc spot.

nwHawk

Reaction score
Sign of the times. Lots of people get tired of either being beaten down for having an opinion or freely speak their mind and get whacked.

I believed Seattle needed to win yesterday in the worst way to make a playoff run, but I pumped the brakes. In the back of my mind all week I didn’t like the matchup and felt Carolina matched up very well against us. In the fearless thread I picked Seattle to win against what I expected to happen, I still don’t feel good about that although I don’t feel as dirty. Losing sucks, being negative may suck worse.

RiverDog

Reaction score
I believed Seattle needed to win yesterday in the worst way to make a playoff run, but I pumped the brakes. In the back of my mind all week I didn’t like the matchup and felt Carolina matched up very well against us. In the fearless thread I picked Seattle to win against what I expected to happen, I still don’t feel good about that although I don’t feel as dirty. Losing sucks, being negative may suck worse.
I agree. I didn't like the trend I'd been seeing since our game in Munich and didn't like the matchup against the Panthers. I stated in another thread a prediction that we'd lose 24-22. I was not surprised that we lost.

We're not the only Hawk fans that are feeling down about our team. I attended the Raiders game, and a good 25-30% of the crowd were pro Raiders. I've been to games where the opponent travels well, like the Cowboys and Niners, and haven't seen that many non Seahawk fans at a home game. Plus the 12's don't make near as much noise as we did during the LOB years. It's not nearly the same atmosphere. Is it time for a change?

JPatera76

Reaction score
Sign of the times. Lots of people get tired of either being beaten down for having an opinion or freely speak their mind and get whacked.

I feel this is the biggest reason. Without bringing Politics into it as much as possible, the former guy... has shown people you can be an ass and treat people like crap, belittle, berate, and attack them for their simple opinion and its somehow okay and this mindset has seemingly felt magnified and embraced throughout our society since. Yes, those things have always been there, but people are more frank with it and more people have embraced this "attitude" or mindset and have applied it to a lot of what they do. Multiple forums I'm part of, there's been seemingly a big uptick in "hostility" towards each other over the years. Opinions stated as "facts", Opinions attacked, then argued in a way that instead of agreeing to disagree it becomes a circle of people individuals arguing to the point that the original opinion or belief has lost its meaning, or the post has been derailed.

Ty Aros for your post. You as always are exactly right.

Unfortunately I believe it is sign of the times and the moving to 1984.

The media and indoctrination systems in schools has really created not only a serious divide but social media has created a very mean spirited world where everyone needs to attack anything and everything that is posted. After attacks against me I have been guilty as well. I am sorry for that.

Certain people pick a person and like a pack of wolves desend on them with vitriol. I left .net a few years ago when I was seeing the start of this.

It is now 1000 times worse. It is clearly the way the world is turning.

Very sad for us aged.

Thank you for all you have done but I am signing off for a while. I am sure that will make bunch of the dick heads on .net happy. You know who you are.

But far too many now just want to tear down anything and everyone especially if you are even a slight bit positive about anything.

Signing off!

Just like Rainger said up where with social media, the attacks and how people will pick a person and then a bunch will swarm in to pile on.
It's okay to have a difference of opinions 100%, but it's hard to feel that it's okay when one feels attacked for it. I know I've been guilty of it at times and stubborn and I'm sorry for it as well.

Latest posts