67 Members After A Loss?

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Russ may have been my favorite player, but I never like ANY player more than the team. He needed to go. Worked out great for both sides.
It has ALWAYS been about the Hawks, not one specific player.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Well, I’m a member since 2007 and am clearly more of a real “true”member. Take your fake memberness and take a hike back to the Patriots boards!! I’ve seen BFS’s dong. Have you ? That’s what I thought poser.
And I bet you can’t unsee it.
You poor Bastard.

I’ve got a few unfortunate images burned into my mind too, sucks but it is what it is,huh?

pmedic920

Reaction score
Serious question out of curiosity.

Those of you that have stated members being banned as a reason for the decline, who specifically was banned that you think hurt the overall site/community?
Are you aware of why that person was banned?
Do you think that the rules or process are/is unfair, if so what rule, or what about the actual process do you think is wrong/unfair?

olyfan63

Reaction score
I was right there as well thinking it was a bad matchup for the Seahawks, team have been out seahawking the Seahawks we need the beef!
That is so what I was thinking, that opponents have been using traditional Pete Carroll Seahawk football to dominate and wear down the Seahawk defense with a smashmouth run game and have been the bullies taking our lunch money.

That was part of what was so satisfying about the end-of-season run last year, watching Penny go off with his streak of 130+ yard games in 4 of the last 5 games and long, game-deciding runs at crunch time. THAT felt like Seahawk football. It's not nearly so satisfying watching other teams do that to us.

While clearly we need to upgrade our defensive front, it might help almost as much to upgrade our interior O-Line with some bullies with a streak of nasty, to get the push and open the holes. It would certainly help Geno.

seatownlowdown

Reaction score
What has happened to .NET?? Wait, don't answer that, I am afraid of the multitude of responses.

I remember years ago there were several hundred members any given hour, day, minute, second on this site, especially after a win or loss.

67?

RIP NET. It was fun while it lasted. You are a mere shell of yourself.
...good. let them go.

the wilson apologists, trolls, fake fans, and agitators have been slowly weeding themselves out. parasites need a host. and narcissists need supply. by purging the site of all the bloated fat, the parasites and narcs will leave too.

mods can mobilize to finish off the last remaining trolls and agitators and keep this place ... cleaner.

pehawk

Reaction score

Those of you that have stated members being banned as a reason for the decline, who specifically was banned that you think hurt the overall site/community?
Do you think that the rules or process are/is unfair, if so what rule, or what about the actual process do you think is wrong/unfair?

Attachments

• We're_All_Trying_To_Find_The_Guy_Who_Did_This_banner_1.jpg
    We're_All_Trying_To_Find_The_Guy_Who_Did_This_banner_1.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 7

flv2

Reaction score

Also out of curiosity - what rules, and where are they posted?

seahawks08

Reaction score
Fans get angry at fans when the team doesn’t do well. Opinions are not respectfully debated. It started after our Superbowl loss. We started with fire Bevell all the way to Clint. I can understand the frustration and the anxiety translates to drama that doesn’t seem welcoming. That’s the reason I am on and off. I am not complaining on the behavior, it’s understandable, but who really has the time to argue among fans when we don’t control any decisions 🤨

RazorChuck

Reaction score
Ty Aros for your post. You as always are exactly right.

Unfortunately I believe it is sign of the times and the moving to 1984.

The media and indoctrination systems in schools has really created not only a serious divide but social media has created a very mean spirited world where everyone needs to attack anything and everything that is posted. After attacks against me I have been guilty as well. I am sorry for that.

Certain people pick a person and like a pack of wolves desend on them with vitriol. I left .net a few years ago when I was seeing the start of this.

It is now 1000 times worse. It is clearly the way the world is turning.

Very sad for us aged.

Thank you for all you have done but I am signing off for a while. I am sure that will make bunch of the dick heads on .net happy. You know who you are.

But far too many now just want to tear down anything and everyone especially if you are even a slight bit positive about anything.

Signing off!
Good riddance!
WTF is wrong with you?
Conspiracy theorist much?
You are truly a victim of indoctrination.
Looks self-inflicted.
Get thee behind nutbag!

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
Fans get angry at fans when the team doesn’t do well. Opinions are not respectfully debated. It started after our Superbowl loss. We started with fire Bevell all the way to Clint. I can understand the frustration and the anxiety translates to drama that doesn’t seem welcoming. That’s the reason I am on and off. I am not complaining on the behavior, it’s understandable, but who really has the time to argue among fans when we don’t control any decisions 🤨
Definitely some truth here for me at least. I considered logging in after Sunday's loss, but decided not to. It was a disappointing loss and it seemed like all the issues leading to the loss were pretty obvious and have been beat into the ground here and elsewhere. I saw nothing new or interesting, and I could predict what the rehashing would look like. We know where we're at; with the trajectory we're watching the draft may be the only real point of discussion coming up.

Considering the numbers, yeah- fan enthusiasm is clearly down from a few years ago. Turning the corner on the rebuild will infuse some new juice into that.

LickMyNuts

Reaction score
I blame the racist Republican moderators.

All joking aside, as others have stated some of the best people have been run off by the local drunks.

Cyrus12

Reaction score

Acer1240 would of made 68 members online...just saying..

NoChops

Reaction score
given the fact that message boards came about 30 years ago, this place has more life than most. You should check out my myspace page!

Hawknight

Reaction score
What has happened to .NET?? Wait, don't answer that, I am afraid of the multitude of responses.

I remember years ago there were several hundred members any given hour, day, minute, second on this site, especially after a win or loss.

67?

RIP NET. It was fun while it lasted. You are a mere shell of yourself.
I'll throw myself under the bus probably here..but hell Aros..take back the Net..it's never been the same since you let it go ..I still have my shirt you had made way back when we played our first Super Bowl...I know it's easier said then done..but the Net never recovered when you let it go. You were the Net and the Net was you..the heart and soul. I don't believe the hogwash of message boards going the way of Twitter and such because if you have a great group of friends and family who all share the same love and passion for the Hawks..you have what it takes to make this place really special..when you stepped down this place lost sight of everything..you kept everything in balance..you had the respect of everyone here..and still do...but you were the one who made this place what it once was...no disrespect to the other owners but they could never replicate what you originally created and ..once you kill the soul there's no resurrection of the spirit that once was here in the Net..I've said my peace..ill say no more. 🙊

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Well you are kind for those words, thank you. I think most would agree while I was the heart of .NET, Les was the Soul. His "grandfatherly love" of everyone on .NET has been irreplaceable and sorely missed. We really did have a true sense of community back then and even the trouble makers and rabble rousers were accepted and part of the family. Now, it just seems so fractured and needless attacking going on just for sharing opinions.

I do hope .NET continues for many years to come but there's no question the Golden Days of .NET are in the past. I am still thankful for many of the regulars and alumni that still come here, like yourself, and it's why I still do.

had2bhawk

Reaction score
Needless to say, I was very disappointed in the outcome. Falling so quickly to 10 down in first quarter. How can this happen with so much at steak this week? I wanted Walker to heal until TNF so I accepted the game would be close, but other than Geno's few mishaps the offense did ok. They scored 24. The defense is another story. They just never got off their heels. To my eyes, the motivation was nil. No one was screaming on the sidelines to pump each other up Wagner style. The Vets have to take this roll!
We have lost another battle, last chance is TNF to get some kinda mojo for this season. Longer shot now but, I'm still a believer!

Last edited:

Latest posts