67 Members After A Loss?

A.D.I.D.A.S.

Reaction score
Meh, all the accusations the Seahawks community got from other fanbases during their heyday is unfortunately being proven right. Seattle clearly has their legit die-hard fans, and now they also clearly have bandwagon and fair-weather fans.

Congrats, Seattle isn't the unique snowflake of the major sports cities that they thought they were. Welcome to being like a typical city with major sports teams, enjoy your stay.

The "social media killed the forum site" argument I think only goes so far. Yeah, people have moved on to more modern social media platforms, but that may be a case of quantity over quality. Not everybody digs interacting with people that respond in memes, emojis, or people that spout ignorance and try to ram their opinions down people's throats and sell them as facts, and actually want to have real, legit discussion, with actual, credible sources to go with it. If anything, modern social media has weeded those kind of people out of forums.

People getting banned/chased off? I would argue that that's typical of any forum. To what degree is up for debate.

There's always going to be a market for forums: Not everybody enjoys putting their real identity out there on places like Facebook, the toxic cesspool known as Twitter makes this place look like Sesame Street in comparison (and if you like interacting with bots every now and again, hey, you do you), and Reddit is notorious for catering to people that want to live in echo chambers and base their value in the world on their upvote to post ratio.

Last edited:

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Being pi**ed about the team doesn't make someone bandwagon though. It means they actually care too.
If you literally stop watching when they lose? Different story. You're either in or you're not. But criticism and critique is part of it. Just like being positive and hopeful.
But, I will NEVER understand wanting the team to lose for better picks. My god, really? Wanting the team to lose? No

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Hello Dot Net,

I am 1/67 members during a game, after the game, in the off season, etc.

I’ve seen better days in here, maybe, who knows, but I still enjoy being here!

To those that were here, are currently here and will join dot net, to each their own!

Cheers,

Legend

olyfan63

Reaction score
Honestly, I just think that people can't handle my hot takes and honesty. They realized that I was right all along and they were ashamed to come back and admit they were wrong.

The time for Jerhawk to garner the respect he deserves has come due
Yes, I think you correctly predicted that the Seahawks QB this year would throw for 4500 zillion yards and 45 TDs or something like that, and you were the ONLY one who predicted that. Now, minor detail that you stated the name "Drew Lock" along with your prediction, but we can easily overlook that typo. The rest of .NET should bow down to your prescience and prognostication abilities.

Now, about the game itself...

It became apparent by the late 3rd quarter that Tampa Bay showed the formula for beating the Seahawks, the Raiders copied it, and now Carolina was successfully using that same formula and the Seahawks were powerless to stop it. We'll see more of it from every team left that has the ability.

The formula is to bulldoze, bully, and overpower the Seahawks front 7 with the run game, wear them out over the course of the game, and then kick them repeatedly while they're down. And steal the Hawks front 7 lunch money, because that's what Bullies do. Then kick the Hawks around some more, just to rub their nose in it, while taunting the Hawks players under their breath, singing, "you can't stop us, Na-nana-nana-nah!"

I'm pretty sure San Fran will also follow this formula and they have the personnel to execute the bullying more so that any other team in the NFL.

I don't really fault Geno; he had no run game support and had to play from behind, and the defense knows it's going to be a pass. Tough sledding for any QB.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
It's a fun place to come talk football, even if we argue a lot. Big deal, we all love football and I like to think we all love the Hawks.
Ditto. I hope this plays stays around forever. I try talking football to my wife and other family members, and their eyes begin to glaze over.

Only here can I fully test my limits

olyfan63

Reaction score
P.S. I was not part of the 67 online this time... I had the limiting factor that my wife's brother had died earlier that day and she needed a little support. Being able to watch the game (via RedZone here in Florida) was already asking a lot. His death was somewhat expected, and they were not especially close (he was a methhead druggie dickwad who stole money from a young nephew), but it's still an emotional hit because his kids lost their father and now she's the only one left alive from their nuclear family.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
P.S. I was not part of the 67 online this time... I had the limiting factor that my wife's brother had died earlier that day and she needed a little support. Being able to watch the game (via RedZone here in Florida) was already asking a lot. His death was somewhat expected, and they were not especially close (he was a methhead druggie dickwad who stole money from a young nephew), but it's still an emotional hit because his kids lost their father and now she's the only one left alive from their nuclear family.
Sorry to hear of your loss

flv2

Reaction score
Bad posters cause better posters to leave. Forums aren't for every point of view, personal agendas, ignorance, rants, excessive negativity, posters who can't, (or won't), communicate without random caps-locks, or those that can't string a sentence together. Forums that welcome such posters ended up with little else.

AZHawk

Reaction score
I've been reading the forum for a few years, joined last year, and this is my first post. So -- here's some fresh blood for you.

I wonder if the Rams would give us Bobby Wagner back in trade for a younger linebacker?

IndyHawk

Reaction score
What does this have to do with the former guy Indy? The QB deserves criticism when it's warranted. He did, and so should Geno.
Funny how people get worked up ANY time you say a single bad thing about Geno, as if he's above any criticism. He looks like he's slowly regressing. Sorry if that hurts your feelings. Geezus, when did this place get so sensitive? The team is getting pushed around. It's not sugar coating and rainbows time.
You know exactly what I meant
I stand by what I said.

Weadoption

Reaction score
I rarely post at all, but the threads here are as entertaining as hell. I love the debates, the humor…..this is a good group that talks football and hope you all keep it going here.
Still sporting wood here for my Niners per yesterday, it’s been way more than 4 hrs so think I may have to go to the hospital.

flv2

Reaction score
I've been reading the forum for a few years, joined last year, and this is my first post. So -- here's some fresh blood for you.

I wonder if the Rams would give us Bobby Wagner back in trade for a younger linebacker?
The Seahawks didn't want him on a $16.6M contract last season. Would they want him with a $10M salary and a $2M LTBE performance bonus in 2023? He's been a good player for the Rams but his performances don't match his PFF rating.

A.D.I.D.A.S.

Reaction score
Because they aren't on a message board after a loss? That's the dumbest take I have ever seen.

Is it though? I can't imagine the member base becoming THAT apathetic and inactive, after the site had loads of people here visiting and posting during the SB run, win or lose. That's IMO what OP was getting at.

Interest waning over a period of time with no deep playoff runs and decreasing relevance in the conference? Shouldn't be that hard to find data to correlate to that.

Team does well? Interest rises. Team doesn't do well? Interest drops. Simple as that.

You sound like someone who doesn't understand "social media"... And literally the OP is talking about quantity.

Reddit, discord, Twitter, etc, have "real, legit discussion, with actual, credible sources to go with it" because that's symptomatic of the users not the platform. The users dictate what quality of discussion occurs, and that's not exclusive to message boards. I would argue message boards didn't/don't meet your high standards which is exactly why they are dying. The people didn't get weeded out of message boards, the message boards got weeded out of the platforms.

To be fair, it's not like those platforms came out of nowhere and completely demolished demand for sites like this overnight. I will agree with you that the experience is what the community makes of it. There can be legit good talk, or it can devolve into people talking in Twitch-speak 24x7. People have different tastes, and no one solution is going to work for everyone, hence, the diverse platforms available. They all have their pros and cons, including this.

When admins/mods are complaining about the amount of users, I would argue that you probably can't afford to lose many more posters.

Fair, but that's another story for another day, and I'm going to stay in my lane regarding that. However, a surge of success from the team though could fix the membership problem to some degree.

That'll come in time, assuming the rebuild process yields positive results. Otherwise the risk is that yes, active membership could decline further.

Someone who doesn't understand social media: confirmed.

Technology changes, people's tastes change, I get that; that's life. What I'm saying is that a place like this will still be liked and visited, even if only by a small group of people. It's not like Discord et al is going to cause viewership here to drop to zero, and this site is gone within the next 24 months because nobody visits and everyone else went elsewhere permanently and left the site owner paying the bill for a dead site.

knownone

Reaction score
For forums to flourish, you need people willing to put effort into generating interesting content. The question is, what incentives exist for them to do so? Unfortunately, their content has a limited reach, their opinions are often marginalized (fair or unfair), and many get harassed for no reason, which removes the intangible benefits a forum provides them. Furthermore, most rational individuals will not continue putting effort into something that gives them nothing (or, at worst, a negative experience) in return. So over time, you lose those talented posters to other platforms and are left with a shallower talent pool, less exciting content, and trolls.

So it goes.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
A few things.

People attack each other.

Team is no longer winning like the past so ppl left like they all do once that team falls off.

Some loved Russ more then the team.

This board is like twitter now.

SNDavidson

Reaction score
I was right there as well thinking it was a bad matchup for the Seahawks, team have been out seahawking the Seahawks we need the beef!