7 Seahawks Named to 2016 Pro Bowl Roster

Steve2222

Reaction score
Polaris":zsdquzuf said:
Sandpoint Hawk":zsdquzuf said:
Wonder the last time a seahawk wide receiver has been selected to the pro bowl.

Brian Blades (#89) back in 1989 iirc.

Hard to believe Joey Galloway never made a Pro Bowl in his career.

ctrcat

Reaction score
hawkfan68":8flh4vmy said:
Avril snub was a glaring one. Kam got his pro bowl based on last season. He hasn't been as good as he was last season. I can't believe the Panthers got 10 players named? Seriously. I could only think of maybe 4 deserving - Cam, Olsen, Norman, and Kuechly.

Just proves how perspectives are different based on what you've seen, watched, know, and, certainly to an extent, cheered for. Panther fans are disappointed it wasn't more, feeling Coleman (especially) and Oher were snubbed.

Steve2222

Reaction score
I don't think it's too much of a surprise Baldwin didn't make it. WR is one of the toughest positions to make it. Their are so many good WRs in the league. And although he leads the league in TDs, his receptions and yards just aren't there. He's not even the biggest WR snub, that belongs to Allen Robinson.

Also since 2007, there's been 5 times the leagues leading TD WR didn't make the Pro Bowl. Last happening in 2012 with James Jones. Really not that uncommon.

He's had a great year though.

BigMeach

Reaction score
I cannot believe the KJ didn't get selected. He has been flat out dominant this year. Really a shame.

Makes me wonder if they try to keep the number from one team from being too high?

I don't know NFL history as well as some, has there been a team that had something crazy like 10+ pro bowlers?

Steve2222

Reaction score
BigMeach":3hlpxr4a said:
I cannot believe the KJ didn't get selected. He has been flat out dominant this year. Really a shame.

Makes me wonder if they try to keep the number from one team from being too high?

I don't know NFL history as well as some, has there been a team that had something crazy like 10+ pro bowlers?

Carolina has 10 this year

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":gn4pujcy said:
seahawkfreak":gn4pujcy said:
Pandion Haliaetus":gn4pujcy said:
Sad Wright got no love, hes been better and more consistent than any other player on the Seahawks D named other than some of the guys on the Dline.

So very true. He's had a better year than Bobby

That's the 'popularity contest' aspect showing up again. KJ's been consistently balling out. I'm glad Baldwin at least is an alternate. I don't think he's even had that distinction. Too bad the offense came together so late in the season.

Same with Bennett over Avril - guy who makes more waves gets the votes. Avril's made more splash plays in Bennett, and forced them more than Bennett.

el capitan

Reaction score
Marshawn Lynch's presence on that list tells you everything you need to know about the Pro Bowl.

TwilightError

Reaction score
It's great that Baldwin got snubbed. The man feeds from underestimation, he will be more motivated than ever after this :D

bloodkingg

Reaction score
Just reiterating the obvious but where is KJ?? Imho he's been the best player on our defense this year. He is always in good position, makes good reads especially on screens, rarely ever misses tackles, can get to the sideline and can cover. Oh well but I'd rather have him in than any of the others (besides Lord Wilson and Sir Baldwin.)

kf3339

Reaction score
The pro bowl selection should not even come out until "after" the last regular season game has been played. In addition the fan voting aspect should be limited to no more than 20% of the vote since they are usually the least knowledgeable in making the right choices.

Since this is not the case it's nice but really kind of a waste of time.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
el capitan":2z43w69g said:
Marshawn Lynch's presence on that list tells you everything you need to know about the Pro Bowl.
Was going to say the same.

Rob12

Reaction score
hawkfan68":15lvbxwa said:
Avril snub was a glaring one. Kam got his pro bowl based on last season. He hasn't been as good as he was last season. I can't believe the Panthers got 10 players named? Seriously. I could only think of maybe 4 deserving - Cam, Olsen, Norman, and Kuechly.

You're underestimating the Panthers and what they have accomplished this season.

I feel like most do, they play in a weaker division and all of that, their schedule was softer, etc...

But 14-0 is no joke. And Cam is playing lights out. The way he brought them back in Seattle was as clutch as it gets. What was he, something like 12-14 for 175 yards in the fourth quarter? That team deserves all of the love they're getting right now. If it was us, we'd be demanding the same thing.

We'll still win if we go there in January... I'm sure of that.

Brithawk

Reaction score
BigMeach":3d1ljho1 said:

KJ gets shafted as he is in the with the OLB contingent, so gets put in the with 3-4 Edge Rushers such as Miller & Houston.

They really need to seperate 3-4 & 4-3

Overseasfan

Reaction score
Rob12":1iie49ks said:
hawkfan68":1iie49ks said:

You're underestimating the Panthers and what they have accomplished this season.

I feel like most do, they play in a weaker division and all of that, their schedule was softer, etc...

But 14-0 is no joke. And Cam is playing lights out. The way he brought them back in Seattle was as clutch as it gets. What was he, something like 12-14 for 175 yards in the fourth quarter? That team deserves all of the love they're getting right now. If it was us, we'd be demanding the same thing.

The Panthers 14-0 is a joke in fact. They were up against the three weakest divisions in football (NFC East, NFC South and AFC South). None of the teams in those divisions even pose a challenge. They faced two good teams all year, us and the Packers. However, they got lucky because both us and the Packers were in a slump at the time of playing the Panthers and even then they didn't really win all that confidently. They will be put in place in the play-offs and hopefully we get the chance to do it.

Largent80

Reaction score
Aros":3ku008sx said:
Avril and Baldwin as alternates was a slap in the face. Kam this year? Just further proves the Pro Bowl is 95% popularity contest and 5% accuracy.

Congrats to all selected. At least we can't say the team as a whole is getting snubbed. 7 players is a sign of respect.

^ This and I'll also add that the game itself is not worth watching.

aawolf

Reaction score
ctrcat":21m6gw8z said:
hawkfan68":21m6gw8z said:

Just proves how perspectives are different based on what you've seen, watched, know, and, certainly to an extent, cheered for. Panther fans are disappointed it wasn't more, feeling Coleman (especially) and Oher were snubbed.

Kurt Coleman should have been in clearly. I'm glad Kam and ET got in, and congratulations to them, but Coleman was clearly the more deserving safety. Coleman had 89 tackles and 7 ints from the safety position. Kam had 74 tackles, 2 ints. ET had 62 tackles, 4 ints.

ctrcat

Reaction score
Overseasfan":2yr6m0xh said:
Rob12":2yr6m0xh said:
hawkfan68":2yr6m0xh said:

The Panthers 14-0 is a joke in fact. They were up against the three weakest divisions in football (NFC East, NFC South and AFC South). None of the teams in those divisions even pose a challenge. They faced two good teams all year, us and the Packers. However, they got lucky because both us and the Packers were in a slump at the time of playing the Panthers and even then they didn't really win all that confidently. They will be put in place in the play-offs and hopefully we get the chance to do it.

And the 2013 Hawks? Played the AFC South and NFC South, beat the awful Texans and Bucs by the hair of their chinny chin chin, and beat the Rams to avoid the West division split by even less than that. Got to play by far the worst team in the North in Minnesota and a sub-.500 Giants team from the East. Lost 3 games and got the conference #2 seed in their own 1-3 stretch, the team with the worst opening day record in all of football on opening day-the Carolina Panthers.

seahawks08

Reaction score
KJ is one of the best players in our defense. Some here complained of the money we spent on him a few years ago, now it really looks like a bargain. I don't think Chancellor should have been in the Probowl this year, he hasn't played in that level and he also was holding out. You don't recognize players who doesn't honor a contract.