8-8

DrDix

Reaction score
We won the Super Bowl with maybe the toughest road possible.

Played the Saints who could have easily been the #2 seed, had #4 ranked defense.

Played the 49ers who could have easily been the #1 seed, had #5 ranked defense.

Played the #1 Broncos (easy as it was)

Axx

Reaction score
i hope he stayed consistent and picked the whiners to go 8-8 also.
THEY GOTTA PLAY US TOO!

SonicHawk

Reaction score
I don't see anything wrong with the prediction. And it's just like every other prediction these idiots can have, it doesn't matter. It's not set in reality, it's just feelings.

I predict we go undefeated and end the Dolphins streak as the last undefeated team to win a SB.

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
I think it will take 12 wins minimum to win the NFC West. Piece of cake! 13-3 is my prediction.

etanate

Reaction score
kjreid":3yei4enq said:
Who is going to be our AFC west away games? I would hate to have both KC and Denver on the road (specially in Late November or December. Having said that, I believe we end up 13-3 and the number 1 seed. (losses to SF, KC if on the road and one unexpected loss) Seattle goes 8-0 at home.

We play Denver and Oakland at home, SD and KC on the road. In case you're wondering, the other home games are Green Bay, Dallas and New York. We play Washington, Philadelphia, and yes, Carolina on the road this year.

Good news is we won't have 5 10 am games this year, and I bet the Carolina one is prime time, so maybe only two early starts. Although with the way this team prepares, it probably doesn't matter.

I see us as 12-4 or 13-3 again.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
We have 4 potential 10am starts in KC, Washington, Philly and Carolina. All of which qualify for prime time games.

If we get double or more 10am starts than the 9ers again like we did the last two years, I think I'm going to blow a gasket. Hopefully we have gained enough national recognition to merit the spotlight and the pendulum swings the other way this time.

warden

Reaction score
We played 19 games this year, ten of those games came against teams that finished 2013 regular season with double digits in the win column. Tough schedules are our friend not our enemy. We where so battle tested when we hit the field for the Superbowl

BamKam

Reaction score
Gotlieb sucks at analyzing the sport he is an "expert" in, why would his opinion hold any weight when it pertains to football? It is like Mel Kiper giving his analysis on the NBA draft.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
SF49r":3dx023px said:
Sounds like a normal prediction for the reigning superbowl champs...
So, let's get this on record, you believe this Gotlieb prediction too?
I think that anyone who believes that, has "Wishful Thinking" attached to their prognostications.
My belief, is that they wind up at 12 & 4 at the worst, and are in the Playoffs, with another good shot at repeating XLVIII.

OP
OP
N

Natethegreat

Reaction score
To be clear this was not Gotliebs prediction it was his co-host(cbs sports radio) who stated after he went through the schedule that we are an eight win team. Then he backed off a little and said we might be able to get to 10-6 at best. It just took me off guard because he talked about how tough a schedule we have because we play in the NFC West and had to play Denver, San Diego, Green bay, and Carolina next year. All of whom we beat in the last two years except San Diego who does not worry me in the least.
It just tells me he either isn't paying attention or some people still really don't think this team is very good. Its all been a mirage created by luck I guess I don't know. Only way this team drops to 8-8 next year in my mind is if the worst happens and Heaven forbid Russel gets injured.

Knocks on wood

lukerguy

Reaction score
I think our schedule will be easier than last year?

Dallas Cowboys win at home
Philadelphia Eagles win on the road
New York Giants Win at home
Washington Redskins win on the road
4-0 versus NFC east. It's the worst division in football and NONE of them have good cap situations! All will be on par or worse than last year.

Denver Broncos win at home
Kansas City Chiefs loss on the road
Oakland Raiders win at home
San Diego Chargers win on the road
The order may change, but I think we'll be 3-1 in this division

NFC North Same Place Finisher GB win at home
NFC South Same Place Finisher Car loss on road
1-1 in 1st place match ups but I think we really can go 2-0

San Francisco 49ers (Div.)
San Francisco 49ers(Div.)
St. Louis Rams (Div.)
St. Louis Rams (Div.)
Arizona Cardinals (Div.)
Arizona Cardinals (Div.)

Even if we split with our division and go 3-3 (which I think we can go 4-2)- we're at 11-5 which may be good enough for the division.

ensett

Reaction score
People said the EXACT same thing before this season. Fact is you can't judge next years schedule based on this years results

kearly

Reaction score
Seattle's out of division schedule, based on talent, will be one of the easiest in the NFL, and most of their toughest out of division games will be in Seattle. Going 10-0 out of the division is a very real possibility.

Gotlieb has proven himself to be a monumental idiot, but we should all be thankful that there are still a few doubters left. I think a big part of Seattle's dominance in XLVIII was from players who felt they had been disrespected by the media during the postseason.

IsabellaM

Reaction score
ensett":1s6lqghv said:
People said the EXACT same thing before this season. Fact is you can't judge next years schedule based on this years results
Yeah, those are some cheap predictions. If everything stayed the same every year, why would somebody actually follow what's happening in the sports.

seahawksny

Reaction score
Evil_Shenanigans":yptxubrb said:
I think it will take 12 wins minimum to win the NFC West. Piece of cake! 13-3 is my prediction.

I disagree- 10 wins it will take. All teams gotta face Denver, KC, and San Diego. Would rather play other three divisions in AFC.

In our two games different than rest of division, we get GB and Carolina, while SF gets Chicago and New Orleans. Arizona and STL can use the third and fourth place schedule to their advantage.

10-6 could win it

DeathbyTalons

Reaction score
Jazzhawk":2diy6ecg said:
I say we win our Division again and are a top seed.
This is the most likely scenario as long as 3# stays healthy. Their are a lot of doubters and idiots who still remain despite the beheading of the Broncos. Sour grapes grow year round and crow is hard to swallow.

kf3339

Reaction score
The way I see it is this:

2010: 7-9 (post season 1-1)
2011: 7-9
2012: 11-5 (post season 1-1)
2013: 13-3 (post season 3-0) SB Champs
2014: 16-0 (post season 3-0) SB Champs

There is a progression of talent and results that can't be denied by anyone with a brain IMO.

LickMyNuts

Reaction score
Good, let the chips fall on all of the Seahawk shoulders. When the chips blow off new ones fall. What's left in the end is a lot of rings and trophies.

Latest posts