8-8

MadSweeney

Reaction score
I cannot believe how almost every thread I read here is still full of complaints and wailing about not getting respect. It's been a Seahawks love fest all week with comparisons to the 85 Bears and 00 Ravens but you people STILL bemoan every single instance of someone not calling the greatest team ever or they might lose some games next year or other teams are good too and you turn them into personal insults. It's pathetic guys. It's Harbaugh-esque. We've been crowned, the pundits who were seriously doubting us were wrong (and no, simply picking Denver or SF in a close game is not doubting). Put the handkerchiefs away, thicken your skin a little and act like the champions we are. It's embarrassing quit frankly

LickMyNuts

Reaction score
MadSweeney":3fqe8f4w said:
I cannot believe how almost every thread I read here is still full of complaints and wailing about not getting respect. It's been a Seahawks love fest all week with comparisons to the 85 Bears and 00 Ravens but you people STILL bemoan every single instance of someone not calling the greatest team ever or they might lose some games next year or other teams are good too and you turn them into personal insults. It's pathetic guys. It's Harbaugh-esque. We've been crowned, the pundits who were seriously doubting us were wrong (and no, simply picking Denver or SF in a close game is not doubting). Put the handkerchiefs away, thicken your skin a little and act like the champions we are. It's embarrassing quit frankly

The isolation and doubt is what makes it special. We all we got. We all we need.

When you say "you people" you identify yourself as a part time fan. I recognize you from the footballguys forum. What's your deal?

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
IMO..it is pure folly to predict next year's record now....because it is based on pure guessing. Look what happened after our first SB appearance. Let's see what "shakes out" come Training Camp which is about five months from now? Then...it will be an "educated guess"......instead of a WAG.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
LOL! I remember how tough our schedule looked last year at this time. Who ever really knows? Other than our division, it could be cupcake or it could be brutal. I guess we will see as the season progresses. I NEVER make predictions this time of year, ever.

Largent80

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":1f7vi5du said:
LOL! I remember how tough our schedule looked last year at this time. Who ever really knows? Other than our division, it could be cupcake or it could be brutal. I guess we will see as the season progresses. I NEVER make predictions this time of year, ever.

Exactly Andrea. When Chuck Knox said many years ago..."It is not WHO you play, it is WHEN you play them"
That really applied this year.

OP
OP
N

Natethegreat

Reaction score
MadSweeney":2mzl56hg said:
I was more surprised than angry but you do realize that this is exactly the kind of disrespect that our team feeds off right? Are you calling DB, Sherman, and the rest Harbaughesque? I get your point I was just very surprised he was saying 8-8 is all.

seaNOmercy

Reaction score
Whenever I want to get some accurate football information, Doug Gottlieb is my guy. Just like I go to the professor for my NBA info (I'm kidding! Basketball is dead to me).

The guy has no business talking football and his little wing man is just as uninformed.

It's true we play in the toughest division in the NFL. It's also true that we've taken care of business and there's no reason to think we won't continue to do so. I truly believe we are the most battle tested team in the NFL. It's at the very least MORE likely that we do continue to make progress, given the fact that we are so young. I'm not buying the idea that we are suddenly going to be satisfied with winning it all either. There's plenty more to accomplish and this team has its sights set on all-time greatness.

I think Pete Carroll said it best, "you can tell a trader by his furs". GO HAWKS

sc85sis

Reaction score
I'm going to repeat something Pete has said for years: Anyone, anywhere, any time. Fear is not part of this team's makeup and should not be part of the 12 Man's either.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
8-8?? That guy play basketball and needs to put down the pipe...

MadSweeney

Reaction score
HawkNuts":7ipw9dj4 said:
MadSweeney":7ipw9dj4 said:

The isolation and doubt is what makes it special. We all we got. We all we need.

When you say "you people" you identify yourself as a part time fan. I recognize you from the footballguys forum. What's your deal?
When I say "you people" I am speaking to and about the ones who are doing what I listed. I'm going with over a 90% chance that I've been a full time fan longer than you've been alive. You can say what you want about m fandom, but only pigeons and sheep think that anything other than total agreement and blind homerism makes someone a "true fan". I've bled blue and green from day 1, whether it was the room I shared with my brothers in the 80s painted blue green and silver, being sick the day after Bo, spending tons of money in bars in SD and LA to watch as many games as possible and even moving to a new place for the sole purpose of being able to get Sunday Ticket.

So yeah, if your only argument against me is "your not a real fan!!!", well let's just say that's an exceptionally weak argument. If you want to be like Joey Porter and seize even the most benign comment and turn it into outrage as if someone just manhandled your grandma, then you deserve to get called out as an embarrassment.

Seattle won! The whole weeks has been literally stuffed to the brim with talk of how dominant the team is and how it's set up for a dynasty run. Use that as an excuse to crawl out from under your Rock of Woe, it's a new era for the Seahawks.

PS- I've been repping the Seahawks on FBG for 9-10 years now (back when there were maybe 4 or 5 total Seahawk fans), how about you?

MadSweeney

Reaction score
Natethegreat":1ja4g3o5 said:
MadSweeney":1ja4g3o5 said:
I was more surprised than angry but you do realize that this is exactly the kind of disrespect that our team feeds off right? Are you calling DB, Sherman, and the rest Harbaughesque? I get your point I was just very surprised he was saying 8-8 is all.
Yes I do realize that. However, i don't see any of them getting their undies in a bunch about anything since Sunday. They're now recognized as one of the great single season defenses and an upper tier SB defensive showing. They're going to get paid, a lot, and they're going to have competition with all the players that will want to get in on the actions. They, like "you all" (meaning, for the uninformed, the people to whom these posts apply), will need to change their view as well. They reached the upper tier, they're looking down on all the other teams, their source of motivation will have to change a bit. The team is no longer unrecognized misfits, they are THE elite unit of the NFL.

Things change men and women, boys and girls. What was true leading up to Sunday has been forever changed. Put away the hankies and revel in dominance. Don't be afraid of the light!

MadSweeney

Reaction score
SonicHawk":2byrkmes said:
I don't see anything wrong with the prediction. And it's just like every other prediction these idiots can have, it doesn't matter. It's not set in reality, it's just feelings.

I predict we go undefeated and end the Dolphins streak as the last undefeated team to win a SB.
This guy gets it! I personally doubt it, not with the (presumed) strength of the NFCW next season. This is obviously a pre-draft and preseason injuries/trades/meltdowns prediction, but beating the Whiners and Cards twice (maybe thrice) and maybe even the Rams (damn those Redskins!) is a beyond Herculean task. However, I can confidently state that I believe we will be the #1 seed and feature a powerhouse offense to go along with our historic D.

ZOMG!!11!111!!! I'm not predicting 19-0!!!!! I must only be a part-timer fan!!!!!

cacksman

Reaction score
With a healthy Harvin, we have a MUCH better chance at 16-0 than we do 8-8.

chris98251

Reaction score
I think with the improvement in or own division that 10 - 6 or 11 - 5 are acceptable and could win the division, home feild will be much harder because of it.

MadSweeney

Reaction score
cacksman":2eure4of said:
With a healthy Harvin, we have a MUCH better chance at 16-0 than we do 8-8.
And an OL upgrade. Hard to say that a 1200+ yard RB for the last few seasons needs to improve, but an OL upgrade will make the running game better and also the PA passing game.

irocdave

Reaction score
I think 10 - 11 wins will take the division next year and wouldn't be surprised to see 3 teams get in the playoffs from the NFCW. Not sure if that's possible with a division winner with less than 11 wins? Either way, the NFCW is by far the best division in football. The Hawks and niners will be lucky to wind up with the records they had this year. I see a large drop off from the niners coming, Cards or Rams could take their spot easily if they get some luck with no injuries and a couple of bounces in their direction.

The NFCW teams will do a lot of damage to the AFCW, they will only have one team go to the playoffs from that division next year.

The only thing I'm disappointed in is that the Stealers are not making the trip next year to get the beat down there fan base so deserves.

LickMyNuts

Reaction score
MadSweeney":1b5us0h9 said:
HawkNuts":1b5us0h9 said:
MadSweeney":1b5us0h9 said:

When I say "you people" I am speaking to and about the ones who are doing what I listed. I'm going with over a 90% chance that I've been a full time fan longer than you've been alive. You can say what you want about m fandom, but only pigeons and sheep think that anything other than total agreement and blind homerism makes someone a "true fan". I've bled blue and green from day 1, whether it was the room I shared with my brothers in the 80s painted blue green and silver, being sick the day after Bo, spending tons of money in bars in SD and LA to watch as many games as possible and even moving to a new place for the sole purpose of being able to get Sunday Ticket.

So yeah, if your only argument against me is "your not a real fan!!!", well let's just say that's an exceptionally weak argument. If you want to be like Joey Porter and seize even the most benign comment and turn it into outrage as if someone just manhandled your grandma, then you deserve to get called out as an embarrassment.

Seattle won! The whole weeks has been literally stuffed to the brim with talk of how dominant the team is and how it's set up for a dynasty run. Use that as an excuse to crawl out from under your Rock of Woe, it's a new era for the Seahawks.

PS- I've been repping the Seahawks on FBG for 9-10 years now (back when there were maybe 4 or 5 total Seahawk fans), how about you?

Talk about thick skin. You have the skin of a Rhino. :sarcasm_off:

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":3ej4w7uz said:
Doug Gottlieb isn't exactly known for his NFL expertise.
This. When he was on ESPN I quit listening to him on my way to work cuz all he ever talked about was basketball (he is a former b-ball player for those that don't know).

MadSweeney

Reaction score
HawkNuts":rz4z2s2q said:
MadSweeney":rz4z2s2q said:
HawkNuts":rz4z2s2q said:
MadSweeney":rz4z2s2q said:

Talk about thick skin. You have the skin of a Rhino. :sarcasm_off:

:lol: My apologies. Perhaps your condition is more serious than I thought. It's not just perpetual whining but a systemic lack of comprehension that afflicts you. I feel very sad for you. Please feel free to continue to tell me how I feel, what bothers me and when I feel hurt/angry/afraid. It's very cute and now that I know that you're a short-busser, I'll be a little more comforting when I deal with you. You have enough problems as is, you don't need more. Such a brave little boy!

Latest posts