A 2016 Jermaine Kearse article - be nice

Ozzy

Reaction score
I think the staff is starting to like Kearse less and less based on Lockett joining Baldwin in 2 receiver sets. I'm guessing he sees less and less snaps going forward but I could be wrong.

Largent80

Reaction score
What you are also seeing is the OC introducing other things into the offense towards the end of the year.

capncrunch

Reaction score
hburn21":3pfbab1p said:
he doesn't let passes bounce off his hands for int's we probably don't have to go through overtime. If Kearse would just make the basic football plays the entire game we don't have to have late game or ot heroics.
I don't hate Kearse and appreciate what he has done but I'm not living in past seasons. He's not worth his contract and needs to be phased out the offense

Yes. Probably the most overpaid guy on the team. Already looks like they're phasing him out to me in favor of Lockett and McEvoy.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
austinslater25":5wtbg5hq said:
I think the staff is starting to like Kearse less and less based on Lockett joining Baldwin in 2 receiver sets. I'm guessing he sees less and less snaps going forward but I could be wrong.
I think the staff is looking at other WR's too..Compete or else

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
I sometimes wonder if Kearse's struggles aren't the result of Bevell seemingly forgetting about Tyler Lockett most of the year. Wilson just hasn't been targeting him much, at all. Last week he finally started, Lockett responded, and I'd be interested in seeing whether Kearse can start getting some room underneath again with coverages worried about Lockett.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Outside of 13/14 Kearse was never that good. I think it's one of those players thats below average but somehow fits with the team just because.

If you remember leading up to that OT catch against GB he was awful before that with a tipped ball INT and missed catches.

He's just not reliable and it's frustrating when he's constantly targeted.

u0087966

Reaction score
How many offensive PIs does Kearse have this year on that same damn play? It's either poor execution on Kearse's part or this play is stupid and needs to be thrown out of the playbook.

hburn21

Reaction score
Largent80":1ud1xws4 said:
hburn21":1ud1xws4 said:
Largent80":1ud1xws4 said:
hburn21":1ud1xws4 said:
he doesn't let passes bounce off his hands for int's we probably don't have to go through overtime. If Kearse would just make the basic football plays the entire game we don't have to have late game or ot heroics.
I don't hate Kearse and appreciate what he has done but I'm not living in past seasons. He's not worth his contract and needs to be phased out the offense

Good luck with that coach Heartburn.
Solid rebuttal, really insightful knowledge right here

The STAFF likes Kearse, what YOU like doesn't matter, does that help? Or do you need some Tums?
So the staff liking him means there is no possible way they could be wrong.