A Carolina fans thoughts

DonJulio

Reaction score
Largent80":njh2jdwm said:
And the NFL is tired of looking at your over dramatic coach whining to officials. Let the players decide the games.
Players do decide the games...with occasional bad calls from referees.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Welcome Panther fan...
1. We have the speed to contain Keap
2. It's us who instigates the smack talk and then watches them wilt especially Boldin it's so funny watching him and Davis lose it and then wait for Davis quit as usual
3. We have Breno so it will be a street fight
4.Hairbag is a whiney douche so it's fun watching for his impending stroke
5. Can't control or worry about the referees just our actual play

Marvin49

Reaction score
Largent80":mj5ujgp7 said:
And the NFL is tired of looking at your over dramatic coach whining to officials. Let the players decide the games.

Seriously? Do you really think Harbaugh makes any difference to the zebras? If he did I'd be all for it...but he doesn't. Hell, he GOT flagged in this game.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":8drh06ie said:
Nice post.

Its unfortunate the Panthers lost, I had a gut feeling the Bye would hurt their team, more than any other team because of their lack of post-season experience, imo, it would have been better for the Panthers to have been a Wild Card and get a game in vs a lesser team.

So I think that was a key difference in the game, 49ers aren't better than your team, its just their post-season experience in the last 3 years far outweighed the Panther's experience.

But I'm with you on the Refs, I felt before the Seahawks-Saints game, whoever won, the rival in the Panthers-49ers game, would probably get the benefit of the calls.

There is any thing to feel bad about, Panthers weren't expected to be as dominant as they were this season and going from 7-9 to 12-4, was a huge step for Newton and Rivera. Hopefully, you keep Hardy. And if I was your GM I would send some Draft Capital for that #2 spot to get Sammy Watkins.

Cam Newton and Sammy Watkins on the same team would be amazing.

Ditto on what Pandion said, especially about the bye and lack of post season experience. I thought it would be a lot closer than it was and I was sure that you would get more pressure on Kap. But again, the bye might have been a bad thing for you guys.

Tough loss but you have a lot to look forward to next season. :th2thumbs:

seadoc30

Reaction score
Marvin49":23k3leq3 said:
Largent80":23k3leq3 said:

Seriously? Do you really think Harbaugh makes any difference to the zebras? If he did I'd be all for it...but he doesn't. Hell, he GOT flagged in this game.

It was just unwatchable of all the drama coming from Hardbag and their players, esp Bolden. I used to like that piece of s*** Bolden, but that guy is just too much now. He seems like he wants to fight after every play he makes. It was just disgraceful that the Refs didn't throw a flag for taunting the whole game. I hope Kam lays him out this game like he did to VD. Anyone notice how well mannered VD has been after THAT HIT? Lol

CANHawk

Reaction score
Thanks for the intel Panther, but we pretty much wrote the book on beating the shit out of the 49'ers. I think we got this...

willyum

Reaction score
Boy am I glad Cam Newton isn't our QB. After the 49ers scored that last touchdown, Newton's body language said defeat. No leadership when they needed, no sense of urgency, bad game management in crunch time, that play where he killed all that time at the line of scrimmage and ended up being a 1 yard run? and that interception to Whitner was a terrible pass, didnt even give Olsen a chance at the ball

and that flop... LOL no wonder he does the Lebron dance

hawksmode

Reaction score
Nice post...
And awesome to see other fans blame the refs :) ...that being said...I do agree. But funny that it SEEMS we are the only team that get the "refs fault we lost" ...but we all know it is EVERY fan base out there. :thirishdrinkers:

morgulon1

Reaction score
Largent80":2k5ohnnx said:

my favorite post of the day

mrblitz

Reaction score
i thought davis was out on that td before halftime, and it seemed to take the wind out of the panthers' sails. plus, that was a reversal of the on-field call. i'd thought that reversals were supposed to be 'without a doubt'. well i had plenty of doubt about that play. ymmv.

also, there was that 12-man-in-the-huddle during that same series, that the tv guys pointed out, and the refs didn't bother to call.

paramedic586

Reaction score
mrblitz":nc0cc0kn said:
i thought davis was out on that td before halftime, and it seemed to take the wind out of the panthers' sails. plus, that was a reversal of the on-field call. i'd thought that reversals were supposed to be 'without a doubt'. well i had plenty of doubt about that play. ymmv.

also, there was that 12-man-in-the-huddle during that same series, that the tv guys pointed out, and the refs didn't bother to call.

The referee didn't single the game clock to start so there was no 12 men in the huddle penalty. And the touchdown. Vernon Davis left indentations into the grass when he caught the ball. Doesn't get much clearer then that

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Welcome Panther fan. Seahawks know the 49ers well and vice versa. The 12th will be loud and proud. While Kaep has played here when it's been loud, he's never played here when it's playoff or NFCCG loud. Kaep will need to step up his game or he'll suffer the same fate he has that previous two times he's played in Seattle.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
willyum":1rv76j6s said:
Boy am I glad Cam Newton isn't our QB. After the 49ers scored that last touchdown, Newton's body language said defeat. No leadership when they needed, no sense of urgency, bad game management in crunch time, that play where he killed all that time at the line of scrimmage and ended up being a 1 yard run? and that interception to Whitner was a terrible pass, didnt even give Olsen a chance at the ball

My brother, who personally knows some pretty big people in the NFL(GMs, Players) said that his friend is an OT for Carolina and that friend said that Cam is a weak minded fool. No Lie. He also told me some other juicy secrets that I wont dispose because it has nothing to do with this topic.

Inqui

Reaction score
Marvin49":25zv5388 said:
Largent80":25zv5388 said:

I reckon it does. The refs are human and it gets in their heads for future calls. There was a play in the Denver-SD game where Welker and a SD guy were pushing off each other and the ref only threw a flag after Welker started bitching to them.

That said, the drives on each side of HT decided that game (and they kinda shouldn't have, but that's more on the Panthers). SF got some pretty lucky breaks while driving for that go-ahead TD, but Carolina needs a hurry-up offence imo. Refs calls do impact the game, but teams that get jibbed should be able to get past that unless they're really flagrant.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Inqui":2dpimfr9 said:
Marvin49":2dpimfr9 said:
Largent80":2dpimfr9 said:

I reckon it does. The refs are human and it gets in their heads for future calls. There was a play in the Denver-SD game where Welker and a SD guy were pushing off each other and the ref only threw a flag after Welker started bitching to them.

That said, the drives on each side of HT decided that game (and they kinda shouldn't have, but that's more on the Panthers). SF got some pretty lucky breaks while driving for that go-ahead TD, but Carolina needs a hurry-up offence imo. Refs calls do impact the game, but teams that get jibbed should be able to get past that unless they're really flagrant.
Agreed, good teams man up. They still may lose but they don't fold like Carolina did.

OP
OP
P

PantherInWA

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":2tqvk7ol said:
willyum":2tqvk7ol said:

My brother, who personally knows some pretty big people in the NFL(GMs, Players) said that his friend is an OT for Carolina and that friend said that Cam is a weak minded fool. No Lie. He also told me some other juicy secrets that I wont dispose because it has nothing to do with this topic.
Care to dispose them? As a Carolina fan, I am actually interested. I won't tell anyone. Promise.

OP
OP
P

PantherInWA

Reaction score
mrblitz":42kc7vk5 said:

Completely agree. Then again, the NFL is known to protect it's "big time" teams. It's disgusting. I think you guys are good enough to overcome that, though.

Skyboy71

Reaction score
The refs were terrible on both sides! what about the roughing the passer call on skua? Or the incomplete pass for a TD call the booth had to reverse? right in front of the ref!
Plenty of holds and hands to the face that didn't get called.
I don't mind the refs letting them play but it has to go both ways!

Trust me you guys would be coming to the stick this week if we didn't get that bad call when Bowman sacked Bree's!....... that by the way was reversed by the NFL, but didn't turn the loss into a win.

Harbough does get pretty excited when it looks like the officials are going to decide the game! So does your gum chewing coach. That's why our teams love em and the rest of the world hates em!

It's also why we are both getting to watch our teams play each other this late in the post season.

Edited by chris98251, team discussion fine, this isn't the webzone, comments about our players and coaches need to be done with class, so show some respect.