A Carolina fans thoughts

WarHawks

Reaction score
I hate to say this, but Newton is one my least favorite qb's in the nfl to watch. His demeanor and leadership is just atrocious. Towel over his head when things aren't going well, pouting and failing to get his troops riled up, just the complete antithesis of Russell. Other than that, they aren't a bad team, but I don't ever see them winning it all with Newton as their qb. Just my neutral observer two cents.

Skyboy71

Reaction score
I hope there are no flags this weekend and the best team wins because they are the better team.(NINERS!!!)

WarHawks

Reaction score
Skyboy71":349m14jp said:
I hope there are no flags this weekend and the best team wins because they are the better team.(NINERS!!!)

If they are the better team than why didn't they win the NFC West? Nice try.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Way to be a dick to a guy that's coming to our board as a guest with well-wishes

WarHawks

Reaction score
-The Glove-":2kuvba1d said:
Way to be a dick to a guy that's coming to our board as a guest with well-wishes

In as much as I was just stating my neutral observer's opinion, you're right, that was ungracious on my part.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
WarHawks":45jdk3f9 said:
-The Glove-":45jdk3f9 said:

In as much as I was just stating my neutral observer's opinion, you're right, that was ungracious on my part.

Wasn't singling you out at all, fyi.

Ruminator

Reaction score
WarHawks":2huikx0o said:
I hate to say this, but Newton is one my least favorite qb's in the nfl to watch. His demeanor and leadership is just atrocious. Towel over his head when things aren't going well, pouting and failing to get his troops riled up, just the complete antithesis of Russell. Other than that, they aren't a bad team, but I don't ever see them winning it all with Newton as their qb. Just my neutral observer two cents.

Agree 1,000 percent. He is quite completely the opposite of RW.

OP
OP
P

PantherInWA

Reaction score
WarHawks":eq3k4adw said:
Trent Dilfer won a Super Bowl and Dan Marino didn't. Quarterback play isn't everything.

chris98251

Reaction score
PantherInWA":2pef5n8j said:
chris98251":2pef5n8j said:
We will see we have a bit of 2005 to remember here.
2005?

Yeah overcoming the refs in the Super Bowl, that little issue with bettis being Detroits chosen son and the Steelers getting all those towels distributed and the curiousoty of the teams Vans having issues when they were suppose to practice in the Stadium that day, the Pistons game where the Steelers were recognised by the annoncers and the Seahawks not mentioned to name a few.

It was suppose to be in response to this post.

Completely agree. Then again, the NFL is known to protect it's "big time" teams. It's disgusting. I think you guys are good enough to overcome that, though.

OP
OP
P

PantherInWA

Reaction score
chris98251":38927pnj said:
PantherInWA":38927pnj said:
chris98251":38927pnj said:
We will see we have a bit of 2005 to remember here.
2005?

Yeah overcoming the refs in the Super Bowl, that little issue with bettis being Detroits chosen son and the Steelers getting all those towels distributed and the curiousoty of the teams Vans having issues when they were suppose to practice in the Stadium that day, the Pistons game where the Steelers were recognised by the annoncers and the Seahawks not mentioned to name a few.

It was suppose to be in response to this post.

Completely agree. Then again, the NFL is known to protect it's "big time" teams. It's disgusting. I think you guys are good enough to overcome that, though.
Oh right my bad. I got confused because you didn't use the quote feature.

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
Skyboy71":3hblxrsa said:
The refs were terrible on both sides! what about the roughing the passer call on skua? Or the incomplete pass for a TD call the booth had to reverse? right in front of the ref!
Plenty of holds and hands to the face that didn't get called.
I don't mind the refs letting them play but it has to go both ways!

Trust me you guys would be coming to the stick this week if we didn't get that bad call when Bowman sacked Bree's!....... that by the way was reversed by the NFL, but didn't turn the loss into a win.

Harbough does get pretty excited when it looks like the officials are going to decide the game! So does your gum chewing coach. That's why our teams love em and the rest of the world hates em!

It's also why we are both getting to watch our teams play each other this late in the post season.

Edited by chris98251, team discussion fine, this isn't the webzone, comments about our players and coaches need to be done with class, so show some respect.

We would? How do you even know you would have won that game at the stick?? Our offense was vanilla the whole game. Russell didn't even try to take over the game because there was no need to. We had such a big lead that it is easy to figure our why psychologically we shut down for a while. The Division was pretty much locked down week 10. You bitch about the Saints and yet, was it not your team that was lucky that the saint fumbled into the end zone after the interception, or that their punt returner fumbled. Your team was outplayed and you were lucky to beat the Falcons at home. Don't give me the same ole whiny Niner sh*t.

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
The game was over when the Panthers couldn't get it into the endzone inside the 1 yard line. After that, I didn't see the same toughness or stamina. Finally, after Charles Johnson went down, the Niners ran it right down their throat.

checkdanews

Reaction score
I for one welcome all fans to our forum, if they are respectful, we should be respectful...Its nice to add alittle variety to the forums for the sake of good conversation. So Welcome PantherInWA, and thanks for your post!

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Skyboy71":32pp1ko6 said:
The refs were terrible on both sides! what about the roughing the passer call on skua? Or the incomplete pass for a TD call the booth had to reverse? right in front of the ref!
Plenty of holds and hands to the face that didn't get called.
I don't mind the refs letting them play but it has to go both ways!

Trust me you guys would be coming to the stick this week if we didn't get that bad call when Bowman sacked Bree's!....... that by the way was reversed by the NFL, but didn't turn the loss into a win.

Harbough does get pretty excited when it looks like the officials are going to decide the game! So does your gum chewing coach. That's why our teams love em and the rest of the world hates em!

It's also why we are both getting to watch our teams play each other this late in the post season.

Edited by chris98251, team discussion fine, this isn't the webzone, comments about our players and coaches need to be done with class, so show some respect.
And if the Crabtree fumble was called correctly or if SF isn't gifted with a few other gifts from the zebras that day you very well may have got beat at the stick by Seattle. See, we can play the "what if" game too.

Hawkboi

Reaction score
PantherInWA":1hbs3uzn said:
Hey guys. Panther fan here who recently moved to the area. Lot of respect for your fan base, and how you cheer your team on with class and pride.

I am pretty bummed about my Panthers losing, obviously. I guess I am an adopted 12th man now. Anyways... I just wanted to give my thoughts on how Seattle can win this week. Here goes...

1. Stop Kaepernick. Contain his running ability and get pressure on him. He doesn't do well when the pocket breaks down, but you gotta make sure to keep an eye on him so he doesn't break for long scrambles. He's kind of a whimp, so sack him early and often.

2. Don't get sucked into the smack talk and mind games. I noticed how much the 49ers players liked to talk smack and it seemed to distract our players and ruin their focus.

3. Win the battle in the trenches. This one speaks for itself. Your OL especially needs to have the attitude and come ready to rumble. San Fran has a pretty good front seven.

4. Avoid turnovers. Part of the reason we lost was because we lost the turnover battle. If you win the turnover battle, you have a much better shot at coming out with a "W".

5. Don't let the refs beat you. The 49ers seemed to get a lot of shady calls against us, and their coach, Harbaugh, seemed to do a lot of talking to the refs. Maybe he paid them? I don't know. Just don't be surprised if that continues this week, and try to keep your heads if it does.

That's all I got. Here's to a great contest this weekend and a Seahawk victory (I HATE the niners)!

I suppose you want a prediction, too. How about.... Seahawks 34, 49ers 17. I don't think it will be close.

I like your prediction!!! Just like mine!!! Seahawks 34 Whiners 17 or less... :th2thumbs:

nsport

Reaction score
PantherInWA":byh9gagg said:
What's your problem? All I did was post my thoughts and keys to winning the game and you act like I shot the pope! Get some perspective and stop taking the internet so seriously. Or just leave!

LOL - Great response. Just typical Niner fanbase responses no need to feed it. To deflect your valid points, he talks about how he perceives the Panthers. I can poke and prod them by simply stating that whenever they don't like something they always have their "5 rings" argument to fall back on. That always causes a stir.

Seriously - welcome to our forum and glad to have you as an adopted 12th Man.

Ccaavv

Reaction score
This post just reignites my fear of Seahawk fans looking like children. Just be real and don't exaggerate…we are the best team and have no need to spout bullshit. Kaepersnack isn't great but he's no wimp.

Latest posts