A lengthy introduction. Ahem.

A

Anonymous

Welcome friend. Cool story right there.

Now that you've got your toes in the pool, it's time to jump in.

Penman96

Reaction score
From one first timer to another - great introduction story, and looking forward to posting with you and everyone else on this forum. As a poster I hail from the demised Seattle PI Seahawks forum, which I posted on for a few years while I lived in London, England. I didn't post too much on PI however, given my rather damanding kids, and splitting my sports related posts between the Hawks and my beloved Liverpool FC.

While you live in enemy territory, I lived in apathy territory! Difficult to strike up a NFL related conversation in Old Blighty. Should be said though - there are a fantastic group of UK Seahawkers over there.

I've moved back to the Pacific NW last summer (God's own country) and I'm happily watching the games at the same time as everyone else now. Great time to be a Hawks fan eh? All the best.

Hawks46

Reaction score
That was amazing. Welcome to .Net. Different perspective fascinate me.

stack600

Reaction score
Awesome story..As was stated above..You should be an Author..I was mesmerized by this kid loving the Hawks thru the back of Topps cards, didn't want the story to end..
Welcome Aboard.....

OP
OP
Our Man in Chicago

Our Man in Chicago

Reaction score
Thanks, all, for your warm welcome. It's good to see that my Print Media degree was not a total waste of money. :lol:

It's all true, too. I actually bought a complete set of the 1985 Topps series for $15 a year ago. I'm not often nostalgic, but I couldn't pass that up. After all, I never did get that Dan Doornink card back in the day.

3237-383Fr.jpg

I left out the story about my Seahawks helmet lamp that - ten years later - ended up protecting my head at Soldier Field in 1999 when Tez Rex and Co. came to town. A story for another time.

Timberhawk

Reaction score
Yes, that was an amazing intro. Thank you for sharing. I was born and raised in the PNW, but now live in KC KS. I miss being around all the fellow hawk fans, but it is fun to wear my Hawks gear around town and fly my Hawks 12 th man flag outside the house.

The other day I was at the Bass Pro Shop and saw a kid decked out in a Wilson jersey. Of course I had all my Hawks stuff on so I promptly high fived him and asked his mom if they were from Seattle. She said, "No, we have always lived here he just started liking football and thinks the Seahawks are the coolest." That was awesome!

Cannot wait to here more from you. Welcome!

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
Very nice intro. You have a gift with words. Welcome to .Net