A look at the cap with all the changes

AgentDib

Reaction score
I'd rather not throw away compensatory picks by overpaying in FA for mediocre players. It's desperate and is the key misstep that this FO has made the last couple of years IMO. If we can land a great player then they should go for it, but otherwise spend the cap instead on extending the guys we want to keep and rollover any extra for next year.

adeltaY

Reaction score
original poster":omgspj2z said:
A-Dog":omgspj2z said:
HawkFan72":omgspj2z said:
original poster":omgspj2z said:
Yeah I’ve heard Norwell to the Giants is already a done deal, unfortunately.

I don't think the Hawks would offer up that much money to a Guard this year anyway. They have too many holes to fill. I think they are hoping to find a servicable Guard in the $6 million or less range.

If the Hawks are cutting Sherman they'd better have something good to spend that money on.

They can and should offer to make Norwell the highest paid guard in the league.

There is no such thing as a serviceable guard in the $6M or less range these days; see: Joeckel, Luke. Would much rather pay the premium for a proven pro-bowler who would only 30 in the last year of a 5-year deal. I don't buy that Norwell to NY is a "done deal." Aside from tampering ramifications of that rumor, money talks and if Seattle cuts Sherm then they can have a say in where Norwell goes.

It happens all the time, it's nothing new. Norwell will get $13APY.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Giants make him the highest paid guard immediately as FA starts. It feels like we have even less of a shot at him than we do Lang. Could be wrong, but I'm sure he'd love the money and to be reunited with the guy who gave him a shot in this league as an Undrafted rookie.