The Hell With All Of You!

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Just kidding.

I watched the first 5 or so minutes of the game and when I saw how the 9ers walked up and down the field with our D I was done. I love this new version of me. I smell the product for a few minutes and if I don’t like it I promptly put it back.

Didn’t watch a single second of the game after. Checked the score periodically on my phone. My daughter knows not to text me unless it’s good news and she didn’t text, lol.

I just watched the highlights on Gameday Final. So I see a pick 6, a great one handed catch by JSN and that was it. About cover it?

We have too much talent to be this bad. Is it really just coaching or am I missing the picture here?

ccla

Reaction score
Just kidding.

I watched the first 5 or so minutes of the game and when I saw how the 9ers walked up and down the field with our D I was done. I love this new version of me. I smell the product for a few minutes and if I don’t like it I promptly put it back.

Didn’t watch a single second of the game after. Checked the score periodically on my phone. My daughter knows not to text me unless it’s good news and she didn’t text, lol.

I just watched the highlights on Gameday Final. So I see a pick 6, a great one handed catch by JSN and that was it. About cover it?

We have too much talent to be this bad. Is it really just coaching or am I missing the picture here?
How did you get there? I keep on saying “that’s it!!” But the following weekend I am glued to tha game. I have to say, like I said in another thread, that I do not carry it after the game ends, but still for three hours I am pissed (not due to alcohol, although that might help).

kidhawk

Reaction score
Just kidding.

We need to shake up the offense. We should be cramming it down other teams throats but we continue to try to be a pass first team. We aren’t that and we won’t be without a different qb/offensive line.

One thing I will say about KANs catch, when I saw the pass I was mad because I knew Geno had overthrown him. I was in awe when he came down with it.

Last edited:

NoGain

Reaction score
I tend to watch most all of the Hawks games, but tonight I checked out at about halftime. Had company/family over for T-day dinner and why force the issue? They were going to lose in all probability so we all watched a good movie instead. A good call.

LTH

Reaction score
Here is my thing... yeah it's a frustrating loss... for sure!!

The 49ers are superbowl contenders.. the Hawks proved tonight they are not.

Maybe Waldron gets fired maybe Pete gets fired. Even if that happens it's not happening till the end of the season. why harp on it?

Ok... how many times does it need to be stated? I know you guys Hate Pete Carroll. I've read that 5000 times so far this year. It's permenately engraved in my memory.

But that doesn't make interesting conversation... it just doesn't. It's boring conversation. Yet where ever I go that's all I hear.

I happen to like Pete Carroll but if he gets fired then I will move on same as I did when Holmgren left.

The more interesting conversation is what do they need to do to fix it schematically. What did the niners do that shut down the Hawks? That kind of stuff...

Most people just want to vent...ok then vent away!

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
How did you get there? I keep on saying “that’s it!!” But the following weekend I am glued to tha game. I have to say, like I said in another thread, that I do not carry it after the game ends, but still for three hours I am pissed (not due to alcohol, although that might help).

I honestly feel it’s because we finally won the Super Bowl. I am part of the “38 Club”. I waited 38 years as a diehard to see the team finally win it all. When you are waiting almost 40 years for something incredible and incomprehensible to happen and it finally does…Man. It smooths you out for the rest of your life.

That doesn’t mean I am still any less neurotic or engaged, but you tend to not scream as much, throw things as much. At my age and weight, blood pressure is a reality so I have to be mindful of that too.

In the end, it’s just not worth it to me anymore to spend 3 hours (and beyond) yelling and screaming and being pissed off because my team isn’t meeting my expectations.

I have watched the Seahawks since inception. I’ve seen hundreds upon hundreds of games. I’ve witnessed 2-14, QBs named Kemp, Friesz, Mgwire, Mirer….And I’ve witnessed such greatness. Moments of glory. Raising the Lombardi trumps it all.

I truly believe that is how I got here.

Now it’s just a game. Just entertainment I can disengage from if I am not liking what I am seeing on my TV. I will ALWAYS be a diehard. Bleed Blue and Green until the day I die. But I just don’t have that maniacal fan chip in me anymore that makes me an unreasonable person to be around if we lose.

I’m still pissed. Mad. But it’s totally tempered now.

I found my Zen but I ain’t dead. I still get upset when we lose. It just doesn’t ruin my week like it used to.

AlbaHawk

Reaction score
Pete is getting lapped by the division coaches as we speak. The Seahawks need a new, fresh, coaching staff desperately. Clean house.

The current state of the Seahawks:

View attachment 62080
I have not been on the 'fire the coach' bandwagon until last night. Something is way wrong. Bad schemes and poor execution from players who last year were above average.

Now, it's time to move on from the coach and the QB.

Fade

Reaction score

Maybe Waldron gets fired maybe Pete gets fired. Even if that happens it's not happening till the end of the season. why harp on it?

Ok... how many times does it need to be stated? I know you guys Hate Pete Carroll. I've read that 5000 times so far this year. It's permenately engraved in my memory.

But that doesn't make interesting conversation... it just doesn't. It's boring conversation. Yet where ever I go that's all I hear.

I happen to like Pete Carroll but if he gets fired then I will move on same as I did when Holmgren left.

The more interesting conversation is what do they need to do to fix it schematically. What did the niners do that shut down the Hawks? That kind of stuff...

And that's the problem.

You chastise people for "wrong think." trying to police the internet, And then ho-hum, Pete's fired? On to the next one. Where is the conviction? Is there a lesson learned at all at the very least?

Fix it schematically? What team have you been watching the last 14 years?

They aren't changing anything. They are going to do what they do. It's Pete's philosophy to play a certain way. Regardless of opponent. Regardless of QB, or coordinators. It's the same, with a little window dressing. Like rearranging the deck chairs on the titanic.

Xxx

Reaction score

The crazy thing is the remedies don’t seem that complicated… throw the ball over the middle, stop abandoning the run, stop forgetting about the jumbo tight end set…

We have three tight ends who can catch. Put a wide receiver out there with a jumbo single back set and make the defense have to figure out if it’s a run or a pass. There are so many basic types of plays that just get abandoned. They don’t have to do anything insane just play fundamental creative football they have the personnel to do it but the ball never comes out fast geno never figures out the blitz before hand, they don’t use motion for anything they are one dimensional and vanilla when they could be unpredictable and rocky rhode

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
The crazy thing is the remedies don’t seem that complicated… throw the ball over the middle, stop abandoning the run, stop forgetting about the jumbo tight end set…

We have three tight ends who can catch. Put a wide receiver out there with a jumbo single back set and make the defense have to figure out if it’s a run or a pass. There are so many basic types of plays that just get abandoned. They don’t have to do anything insane just play fundamental creative football they have the personnel to do it but the ball never comes out fast geno never figures out the blitz before hand, they don’t use motion for anything they are one dimensional and vanilla when they could be unpredictable and rocky rhode

And that's only the offensive side of the ball. Then there's the defense. Play man all the time. I don't care, just play it. Creative blitzes would be nice once in awhile too. Once again, draft Dlinemen and LB's. Your going to need them.

Xxx

Reaction score
I
And that's only the offensive side of the ball. Then there's the defense. Play man all the time. I don't care, just play it. Creative blitzes would be nice once in awhile too. Once again, draft Dlinemen and LB's. Your going to need them.
I know our friggin zones suck! I swear our whole defense was flying to the right like the tide while the niners giggled as they jogged to the left

Last edited: