A perfect game

907Hawk

Reaction score
Then, to top it off for 2013, in the last game of the season, we stunk up the joint, vs the Arizona Cardinals, LOSING AT HOME, in front of the 12's, and embarrassingly backing our way into the playoffs.
I was at the Cards game it was not the last game of the regular season, they beat the Rams the following week to end the season. The defense played decent but Wilson played poorly in the rain against the Cardinals. Outside of the stadium I listened to a guy dressed up like a Hotdog giving a pep talk about "Russel getting it right".

There is no perfect game as we are reminded weekly by some Jabroni on dotnet.

To me the perfect game was the NFC Championship Game against the 49ers

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
People absolutely expect a perfect game, it's not gonna' happen, ever.
While they frustrate us all the time, this is part of the rollercoaster. I absolutely hated them not taking the 3 after that nice long drive, let alone the play call. Didn't mind them going for it the 2nd time, but it was a great defensive play.
They flat out dominated that game on Monday, period. I don't care what the final score says. It was 23-9 before a ridiculous fluke hail mary. That garbage time crap means squat to me.
Also, when Carson make it 14-0, the Eagles had -6 yards total.
If it wasn't for that pathetic non call on what was CLEARLY intentional grounding, the Eagles are sitting at like 2nd and 40, and no way to do they score on their only "drive" of the game. Hawks had just scored 14 points and were rolling. That game was going to easily be a blowout.
People can look at it how they want, but if you actually see that as a 6 point win, instead of what it is, I don't know what to tell you. They did what they were supposed to do, they dominated a bad team. And someone saying they should be ashamed of their defensive performance? Um...…...no
5 straight 3 and outs to start the game, I don't care who you are playing, that's impressive. The Eagles never had a shot in that game :yawn:

themunn

Reaction score
The closest games I can think of to perfect games we have played are Superbowl 43 (obviously), although allowing the Broncos to score in effective garbage time mars that, as does not scoring a TD on offense in 1st quarter (though I maintain to this day that Russell converted 3rd down on the opening drive, and that the refs got it wrong when they didn't overrule after we challenged). But we did score every possible way (offense, defense, special teams, FG & a safety), and the game was never really in doubt.

Apart from that, maybe 58-0 against the Cardinals back in 2012. I think Wilson threw an interception but apart from that, we played perfectly in just about every way.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I watched Felix pitch a perfect game in person...….that was a good day. Nothing to do with football, but still perfect :irishdrinkers:

Latest posts