A team that has all the talent needed to be a superbowl

RussB

Reaction score
Wilson missed 2 TD throws, that right there is one of the biggest reasons they lost. They lost all momentum after those overthrows.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
RussB":1ypvddnp said:
Wilson missed 2 TD throws, that right there is one of the biggest reasons they lost. They lost all momentum after those overthrows.

Ya he was off a bit here and there otherwise its a completely different game and Rawls can run wild

LoneHawkFan

Reaction score
irocdave":2vcxcxoo said:
LoneHawkFan":2vcxcxoo said:
Chukarhawk":2vcxcxoo said:
It shouldn't be coming to and end with the amount of talent on this team. This lies squarely on Pete and John's shoulders to make the hard decisions and fix their coaching issues.

These guys are not robots. You can't expect everything to click all the time, every game. We started this season with almost 30% of our roster as rookies. That's the NFL- the salary cap...that's football. This season started as a rebuilding year, and on top of that we have been banged up ALL OVER THE PLACE.

You can't expect consistent results from a team that has had next to zero continuity on its weekly starting roster. Just can't do it.

When you pay one guy the amount of money RW is being paid, consistent results are expected. RW was horrible today, he missed several wide open receivers in the first half. The 2nd half interceptions were not all his fault but how many of those tipped passes were high? Wilson had another shitty game. He had time in the pocket, his accuracy sucked today and it hurt the team. No question about it, he needs to man up, own it then come back with a great game Thursday. I don't want to hear all the cliché BS from him, I want to hear him own it then see him play better. Dude is making way to much money for the uneven play this year.

I agree completely; I wasn't commenting on Wilson's game. But in response to what you're saying, I'll say that Russell's 2016 base salary isn't even in the top50 of football. He isn't even close to the highest paid QB. So...actually I do expect him to be a little more inconsistent than Brees and Brady- the top2 salary QBs. And he is exactly that. He makes less than half of those guys.

He was horrible today. And I love Russ- loved him in college and loved the draft pick for him.

The intent of my original comment was that you have to expect inconsistent play. He isn't a robot, and functioning at the top of your game while all the pieces around you are moving and affecting your play not to mention being hurt badly for a month...wait...you expect him to be this beacon of consistency in all that mess? He was horrible today- I know- but they ALL have those days- even the very best QBs do...and he isn't paid like the very best QBs.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
WilsonMVP":3gqhprb4 said:
Vikings were just fine with that OL until both starting tackles went down. They were 5-0 before they lost the RT after allrady losing LT for the year. Kalil makes 11 mil and Smith was signed for like 3-4 mil. Seahawks most expensive lineman is freaking Ifedi at 1.5 mil this year....I mean really? The two highest paid linemen TOGETHER for the Seahawks this year are making 2.5 million against the cap.....Its one thing to not spend much on OL but we have taken it to the extreme...and then taken it further past that

And yet here we are in December and they are not fine. Andre Smith is on a "prove it 1 year deal" with Minnesota and a history of being injured so its not like the Vikings lost Orlando Pace.

They have spent 43% of their cap into their OLine. That is a lot. The linemen we have are on rookie contracts, so yeah they are cheap. If we keep Glow, Britt and Ifedi for the foreseeable future they will probable get paid. I do not see us giving up Ifedi or Britt.

Also, I do not know what you mean by "I mean really". You want us to spend money on the OL just for the sake of spending money on the OL? Who did you want us to get or keep? Okung? He was an absolute POS especially for the money we spent on him.

HawaiiD

Reaction score
acctingman":33nqdny7 said:
Funny how Russ's play has declined since he got married
I concur with this post and I also like to add that as a whole this team seems like every week, I'm holding my breath for someone not to get injured which seems to be happening way too often for this team especially the standout players.

Sent from my HTC 10 via the Coconut Wireless