A trade up scenario for Seattle.

Chawker

Reaction score
Seattle trades up to the third pick.

The Texans get the 9th pick, the 72nd pick and Tyler Lockett.

Seahawks get the 3rd pick, and the 80th pick.

Seattle Seahawks select Travon Walker DE Georgia

Points wis its equal to trading the 18th pick to move up 6 spots for Walker.šŸ’°

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
I was just going through trade up scenarios. As long as we arenā€™t trading up for a QB Iā€™m good trading up though Iā€™d want to trade picks for picks and not include a player unless one is coming back.

toffee

Reaction score

Points wis its equal to trading the 18th pick to move up 6 spots for Walker.šŸ’°
Not sure about this, do you happenedf to know our cap hit by trading Lockett?

Rat

Reaction score
That's pretty cheap for a trade-up. I would definitely do it in the unlikely scenario that Hutchinson falls to 3.

Still think there's a decent chance we trade up from one of our second rounders to get back into the late first for a QB.

gmor

Reaction score

Walker is in the conversation for the #1 spot. Who would be the alternate pick?

Lagartixa

Reaction score
Not sure about this, do you happenedf to know our cap hit by trading Lockett?

Before June 1, $28.2M in dead money. Not gonna happen.

After June 1, it'd be just over $7M, but that's well after the draft.

I wouldn't trade Lockett to draft a might-be-good pass rusher, even if there were no cap consequences. The fact that it would leave the team with another $28.2M in dead cap is why we can be pretty confident it's not gonna happen.

Why do some Seahawks fans want to trade Lockett away?

GemCity

Reaction score
Before June 1, $28.2M in dead money. Not gonna happen.

After June 1, it'd be just over $7M, but that's well after the draft.

I wouldn't trade Lockett to draft a might-be-good pass rusher, even if there were no cap consequences. The fact that it would leave the team with another $28.2M in dead cap is why we can be pretty confident it's not gonna happen.

Why do some Seahawks fans want to trade Lockett away?

Without the cap hit, folks are probably comfortable rocking with Eskridge knowing Fant will also pick up some of the receptions. We took Eskridge fairly high in the draft (over Creed and Myers no less). Perhaps thereā€™s faith he pans out. Personally, I donā€™t see it happening.

Thereā€™s also the thought that we wonā€™t have a QB under center that could best utilize the receiving corps we have.

Tylerā€™s at that age where you typically see performance diminish. Maybe get something while you can?

Butā€¦no way we take that cap hit. Besides, Tylerā€™s still ballingā€¦takes great care of himself and may be an outlier age wise.

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
I am not comfortable ā€œrocking with Eskridgeā€ There is nothing about his career numbers of 10 catches for 64 yards that screams ā€œtrade Lockettā€ and of course he could be considered an injury risk after missing the majority of a season .

His best game he caught 3 passes. THREE.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Any trade scenario involving Lockett is just plain stupid. When you have a young QB or a QB that hasn't played significantly the past few seasons, you give him strong vet weapons to work with. Trading Lockett defeats this. Lockett is top 10-15 WR in the league. Those guys just don't fall off trees. If they did, then Moore and Malik Turner would probably still be Seahawks.

JPatera76

Reaction score
why does everyone want to trade away the two pieces that would help new QB's or our current ones?

"Oh hey, sorry Geno/Drew/Any QB, we know you were hoping to have some actual threats to throw to but you'll have to make do"

Like hawfan68 said it's just plain stupid. Unless you plan to completely tank, for what? A qb that still had zero threats to throw to? lol

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
why does everyone want to trade away the two pieces that would help new QB's or our current ones?

"Oh hey, sorry Geno/Drew/Any QB, we know you were hoping to have some actual threats to throw to but you'll have to make do"

Like hawfan68 said it's just plain stupid. Unless you plan to completely tank, for what? A qb that still had zero threats to throw to? lol
Why? Fantasy Football and Madden. Winning a fantasy league and beating your buddies In Madden makes you instantly an expert on all things NFL.

Own The West

Reaction score
If nobody takes a QB by #6, I could see us trade up with Carolina to take whomever NYG didn't take at 5. We wind up with one of the premier OT or Edges, and Carolina still has its pick of QBs at 9. (Assuming ATL is committed to kicking the tires on Mariota).

We shouldn't trade Lockett though. That's would let teams double DK and our offense would fizzle.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Seems unnecessary. Mortgage your future when you need a DE. There will be an NFL pro bowl DE available somewhere for a couple 1s when youā€™re a piece away.

nanomoz

Reaction score
If the Hawks came out of this draft with Travon Walker, I'd offer Schneidy my services. I have a weak gag reflex.

John63

Reaction score
Has Seattle ever traded up in the first round under PC?

JPatera76

Reaction score
Why? Fantasy Football and Madden. Winning a fantasy league and beating your buddies In Madden makes you instantly an expert on all things NFL.
yeah that seems to be a lot of peoples focus now a days or so it seems.

Optimus25

Reaction score

Because what will hurt him worse than losing Tyler is not having a stout defense on the field. Ever seen a young QB not ever get in rhythm because his defense keeps him off the field for 20 minutes at a time? Or how will he gain confidence if he is never in a position to win because the defense canā€™t make stops? Stop thinking so naively and also with that mentality of ā€˜this place will never function without meā€™ except substitute ā€˜meā€™ for lockett in that sentence. Itā€™s like baseballs WAR. I donā€™t think WR is as critical as D line and LB in terms of WAR affecting team record. Doug Baldwin was undrafted. Hunter renfroe was a fifth rounder. We can put people around a QB easier than we can fill the defense right now.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
IMO with no elite QB's this year, Walker and Hutchinson are going 1 and 2.

So if you're going to trade up from 9? It's going to take a king's ransom to get to the #2 spot to get either of these guys.

A king's ransom frankly this team can't afford to give up with so many holes to fill.

Latest posts