A trade up scenario for Seattle.

Tusc2000

Reaction score
A more likely scenario is John trades the #9 overall pick for two second-round picks, which we use to draft an undersized DE, and a 6'4" CB who converted from WR last year. One of these guys then spends the 2022 season on IR after a slip-and-fall accident in the weight room.

Hawknight

Reaction score
Also, with the salary cap. Wouldn't that be a factor for not trading up, but more of a reason to trade down, if no one they are targeting is there at #9? Sounds like there's not much left for this season as of now.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
A more likely scenario is John trades the #9 overall pick for two second-round picks, which we use to draft an undersized DE, and a 6'4" CB who converted from WR last year. One of these guys then spends the 2022 season on IR after a slip-and-fall accident in the weight room.

The #9 pick would be worth two low first-rounders, so I doubt this scenario would happen. Schneider may not pick players that end up stars, but he gets better value in the trades themselves than you're projecting.

JPatera76

Reaction score
Because what will hurt him worse than losing Tyler is not having a stout defense on the field. Ever seen a young QB not ever get in rhythm because his defense keeps him off the field for 20 minutes at a time? Or how will he gain confidence if he is never in a position to win because the defense can’t make stops? Stop thinking so naively and also with that mentality of ‘this place will never function without me’ except substitute ‘me’ for lockett in that sentence. It’s like baseballs WAR. I don’t think WR is as critical as D line and LB in terms of WAR affecting team record. Doug Baldwin was undrafted. Hunter renfroe was a fifth rounder. We can put people around a QB easier than we can fill the defense right now.
A "stout" defense. Stop, just stop. lol We won't and don't have the LOB, and a defense is only as good as the coaches that develop it and call the plays for it. Plenty of QBs haven't had a stout defense, and the ones who have, stout to well above average benefitted quite a bit. All Seattle needs is average.

Show me QB's who will succeed without anything for receivers. Stafford, or even Geoff sure as hell wouldn't have looked like they did without Kupp. No different than if you took Lockett away from Wilson. Brady without Gronk, Edelman, Godwin Evans, Murray/Cards without Hopkins, Fitz.

Stop being naive in thinking that solely the defense will win it consistently for you. Without any balance you have squat. Seattle had the LOB and on offense Russ, Lynch Tate and Baldwin. Rams have/dad Floyd, Donald, Gaines, Miller, Ramsey and on offense, Stafford, Kupp, Henderson, Woods, Higbee and Michel.

Hell, the Bears Defense was statically on par with the Rams defense. But thanks to a lack of weapons outside of Mooney, offense sucked.

You need balance, getting rid of locket ruins that balance.

Also, Seattle ONLY got Baldwin thanks to Sherman helping his boy out and upselling him to Pete and Jon. Guys like Baldwin and Renfroe, diamonds. If you want to gamble on diamonds all the time instead of keeping a sure thing, you'll miss more than hit.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
The #9 pick would be worth two low first-rounders, so I doubt this scenario would happen. Schneider may not pick players that end up stars, but he gets better value in the trades themselves than you're projecting.

Ahh yes, back to the low 1st or high 2nd round where we've drafted amazing players like Collier, Penny, McDowell and Ifedi.

If I see us drop down a bunch of times and draft more scrubs in the low 1st round instead of using this once a decade opportunity to draft a game changing playmaker in the top 10?

I'm going to throw my beer through my TV.

FRcLaK9VcAAVBs formatjpgnamesmall

LickMyNuts

Reaction score
I’m hearing the Seahawks are looking to move up to 7. The question is are they looking for a tackle or a defensive end?

I think they want one of the top pass rushers. They tend to get cute with the offensive tackle position.

Last edited:

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
Ahh yes, back to the low 1st or high 2nd round where we've drafted amazing players like Collier, Penny, McDowell and Ifedi.

If I see us drop down a bunch of times and draft more scrubs in the low 1st round instead of using this once a decade opportunity to draft a game changing playmaker in the top 10?

I'm going to throw my beer through my TV.

LOL, and I wouldn't blame you, Sgt. I hope we stay and pick at #9.

My point to Tusc was only that his projection wasn't quite accurate. As I said, Schneider gets good value for his trades, just not his picks.

Latest posts