ABD Yelling at Wilson on the sideline.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
brimsalabim":3dzarq63 said:
SonicHawk":3dzarq63 said:
Harvin has never been a deep threat. He's a space guy.
I do not understand what this means. I've seen the guy return a kick off so I know he is capable of sprinting the length of the field faster than any one else on it. Any way teams have to be worried about that possibility so they will back off him.

You think being a deep threat is running a go route?

Ricardo Lockette can run a go-route.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
brimsalabim":2jgad8zt said:
SonicHawk":2jgad8zt said:
I do not understand what this means. I've seen the guy return a kick off so I know he is capable of sprinting the length of the field faster than any one else on it. Any way teams have to be worried about that possibility so they will back off him.

Kick return speed doesn't equate to a player being a legit deep threat. If that was true, Devin Hester, Leon Washington and Ted Ginn would be the best deep threats of the last decade.

Harvin has never been consistently used as a deep threat nor has he ever racked up a ton of receiving yards. Seattle is trying to get him in the ball on short areas with space because that's what he's good at. The dude has always been sort of a gadgety player.

One thing Seattle could use is a legit outside receiver to pair with him on the other side. Someone like a healthy Sidney Rice. I like Baldwin and Kearse, but these guys aren't really scaring anyone on one-on-one coverage. The QB also has to be willing to go that guy in tough situations. During the Vikings big year, Favre consistently went to Rice in contested one-on-one situations.

A

Anonymous

DavidSeven":2baub1fl said:
brimsalabim":2baub1fl said:
SonicHawk":2baub1fl said:

Kick return speed doesn't equate to a player being a legit deep threat. If that was true, Devin Hester, Leon Washington and Ted Ginn would be the best deep threats of the last decade.

Harvin has never been consistently used as a deep threat nor has he ever racked up a ton of receiving yards. Seattle is trying to get him in the ball on short areas with space because that's what he's good at. The dude has always been sort of a gadgety player.

One thing Seattle could use is a legit outside receiver to pair with him on the other side. Someone like a healthy Sidney Rice. I like Baldwin and Kearse, but these guys aren't really scaring anyone on one-on-one coverage. The QB also has to be willing to go that guy in tough situations. During the Vikings big year, Favre consistently went to Rice in contested one-on-one situations.

This is good stuff.

Agree that our receivers (however good) are not making D-coordinators scheme for them.

Is Megatron available?

scutterhawk

Reaction score
rjdriver":1n3odh80 said:
What about Percy? He's the fasted dude on the field. I'm getting tired of the cute plays and sweeps. That being said, I missed the game yesterday due to work, but from what I hear RW doesn't have time to allow his receivers to even go downfield. At least that's the consensus I'm getting from .net.
Some here expect Russell Wilson to perform miracles in those 2.2 seconds.
They think he should be able to run around for 5 or 6 seconds on every single play, to buy time for someone to get "Downfield" and make a catch, even if they're being held, and they frequently were yesterday, and no flagging for Da Boys, even when they were face masking our Receivers, and killing our first down receptions.
The speedster Harvin was relegated to running around in the backfield, s'up with that shit, Bevel?

scutterhawk

Reaction score
brimsalabim":3ff5r9na said:
austinslater25":3ff5r9na said:
Its an extra 4 pts. You don't think that might of helped late in the game?
Yes I do. 4 more and momentum too. I was just thinking some one maybe should have speaking up to Doug instead of vice versa.
This^
I know that Doug was frustrated, but did it even occur to him that maybe Russell Wilson might have been flustered by the shitty O-line protection, and the questionable, to downright stupid play calling by Bevel?

bigDhawk

Reaction score
AgentDib":1gr6nqxx said:
austinslater25":1gr6nqxx said:
Brock just said after watching the 22 tape that the receivers just were NOT winning the battle on the outside and were consistently losing the one on one matchups. If that is the case then there is nothing Wilson can do. He needs help.
For sure there are complex interactions here. Wilson isn't solely at fault but that doesn't excuse him either. The coaching staff emphasizes ball control, the play calling neglects the running game, Wilson avoids throwing contested passes, the receivers make everything look contested, the receivers fail to come down with contested passes, and defensive injuries and breakdowns lead to situations where we need an effective passing game. Add to this that Wilson doesn't trust the line and every possible side of the passing game looked miserable against the Cowboys.

For whatever reason half of the posters here have decided that the main problem is in just one of those areas. It's everything and ADB's phrasing is appropriate; every facet of the passing game could use some improvement for our next game.

Which is all the more reason to just hand the ball off to Lynch. A LOT. We had four 3-and-outs yesterday (five if you count the punt four plays after Lynch's 32 yard run). In just those four series Lynch had two carries. Pete's excuse in the post game was that they just couldn't get in enough of a rythm to run the ball *insert Lionel Richie 'say-what' .gif here*. I beg to differ, and would suggest swapping positions of cart and horse.

dbsn2420

Reaction score
Just my opinion, but I think DB was pissed because Russ should of never thrown that last pass that was picked. I was fortunate enough to be standing behind the O on that play with a good view of what Russ could see. That seam route was not open at all. As soon as he threw it, I knew it was picked even before it was. I even told the dude next to me right before it was picked, "it's over."

Of course it's easy to criticize without having a defender bearing down on you. I'm speculating that DB felt Russ should have gone to the sidelines on that play, especially with the amount of time that was still on the clock at that point.

I appreciate Doug's fire! He's exactly right in saying they all need to stop BS'ing each other in the meeting room.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
I thought he yelled at Wilson earlier in the 4th when he threw an incomplete pass on 3rd down to Walters. Was thinking he might have been pissed that he didn't let the routes develop a bit more before throwing, but have no idea.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Wilson's play is the least of our problems.

When you decide not to run the ball with one of the best backs in the league, and purposefully call stupid sweep plays in obvious situations, and your o-line can't hold blocks to the point where you know Russell is about to get creamed every time, and the recievers can't get separation, and when they do get the ball they drop it - I'm not sure what else Wilson can really do. He can't block for himself and catch his own passes.

I realize this sounds a little "Wilson can do no wrong in my eyes!" but come on. There is basically a free rusher coming right at him every play. Watch the film.

I realize we lost Miller but Pete and John should have better prepared by having another blocking TE available, especially knowing we were starting a rookie at RT, and we should have especially found somebody after okung was hurt.

razor150

Reaction score
This offense has become too gimicky, and pass protection has been awful. I blame the problems more on Bevell and Cable. Wilson isn't going to be lights out in every game, and our receivers will have bad games, plus it isn't like they are a spectacular group to begin with after Harvin. We need to get back to what we are good at, and limit the gadget offense.

capncrunch

Reaction score
Mtjhoyas":w1bve631 said:
Pretty simple...

We have an OL that can't block.

A QB who is not making reads (consistently) and refuses to make close throws.

WRs who can't get open and refuse to make a play.

I appreciate Doug's fire, but he's bordering on annoying, as he needs to take a long hard look in the mirror too. This offense is broken. The broken plays that turn into miracles are great, but at some point, we have to be able to function at a conventional level. I never see easy completions. Everything is difficult for this offense.

Indeed. Doug dropped a couple of passes in the Redskins game too. I hope we get Miller back soon and give Richardson or Norwood some action.

OP
OP
NJSeahawk

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
Hawknballs":1thrl7nf said:
Wilson's play is the least of our problems.

When you decide not to run the ball with one of the best backs in the league, and purposefully call stupid sweep plays in obvious situations, and your o-line can't hold blocks to the point where you know Russell is about to get creamed every time, and the recievers can't get separation, and when they do get the ball they drop it - I'm not sure what else Wilson can really do. He can't block for himself and catch his own passes.

I realize this sounds a little "Wilson can do no wrong in my eyes!" but come on. There is basically a free rusher coming right at him every play. Watch the film.

I realize we lost Miller but Pete and John should have better prepared by having another blocking TE available, especially knowing we were starting a rookie at RT, and we should have especially found somebody after okung was hurt.

just read Z.Miller is aiming for week 7 return...

hawkfan1975

Reaction score
All this "pointing" and you've essentially lined 3/4 of the team for the chopping block.

We just plain got beat out there. I'd say we lost because:

- Defense lost the toughness battle (some might say early in the game). Even if you can't get to Romo you still gotta play smash-mouth out the gate and stay on it. Fly to the ball. Cow's run blocking was executed well. The only way to counter it is to play tougher. I just don't think the D was operating at such level.

- We did not gameplan well against Dallas. We got away from the run? (Really?) Again, it doesn't matter so much the amount of yards in Qrtr's 1 and 2 with a Lynch, he's a bruiser who wears down a D because he can sustain such play nearly all game. You use this kind of RB to wear a team like this down. Come 3rd and 4rth quarter you (opponent defense) eventually falters and you start breaking a lot of runs. That opens up the passing game (foot to throat)

Special teams played well. Yes, coaching is included in the blame and yes RW didn't have his best game either. It was still winnable.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
People say we have to run up the gut at all costs. To what point? Even if there's 9 in the box? 10? 11?? Blitzers coming in from every gap? We have to make teams pay for selling out to stop Lynch, and the answer to that doesn't seem as simple as running Lynch even more. This staff is probably more conscious of the run than any other team in the NFL. Carroll, Cable, Bevell... all three of these guys built their careers off the run game (on different teams). If we're not getting enough RB touches, it's not because these three guys suddenly became pass-happy fools. Gotta show you can hit a big play on 1st or 2nd down (that isn't result of a broken play); gotta convert something on 3rd. If you can do that, you can run down their throat. If not, then you get the same result you got @STL, vs. ARI, vs. DAL -- teams killing us with loaded boxes and man coverage.

Anthony!

Reaction score
Mtjhoyas":24l81vnd said:
Pretty simple...

We have an OL that can't block.

A QB who is not making reads (consistently) and refuses to make close throws.

WRs who can't get open and refuse to make a play.

I appreciate Doug's fire, but he's bordering on annoying, as he needs to take a long hard look in the mirror too. This offense is broken. The broken plays that turn into miracles are great, but at some point, we have to be able to function at a conventional level. I never see easy completions. Everything is difficult for this offense.

I agree with a lot of what you say but lets remember there were very few times Rw had time to go through all his reads, and there were some times that the announcers even said he went through all his reads and no one was open. the ALL 22 showed most of the time no one was open and when they were they dropped the ball a lot. Remember Rw has a bad pass blocking o-line and no true #1 or go to WR. I posted this on another thread but here it is again

Luck - 6th pass blocking o-line and has TY Hilton, Wyane, Nicks to throw to
P Manning- 4th pass blocking o-line and he has Thomas, Welker, Sanders
Brady 19th ranked pass blocking o-line (ours is now ranked 28th) and he has Gronk, Edelman
Rodger o-line ranked 19th in pass blocking and has Nelson, Cobb to throw to
Brees o-line ranked 5th and he has Graham, cooks, Colson,
Ryan 7th pass blocking o-line and he has Hester, Jones, White, Smith
Rivers 9th o-line, and he has gates, Floyd, Royal, Allen

I think I made my point compared to all of them RW has nothing but until this past Sunday had made lemonade out of lemons. Someone has to step up on this offense besides RW week in and week out, and that would be needed even if we ran the ball more. I mean 8 drops in the last 2 games? Not saying Rw did not play bad, he did, but he got no help from anyone on offense, and unlike other Elite QBs he has not go to guy, like Romo has Dez.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Love it, this whole team should just as angry. The standards need to be as high as possible. Maybe they believed their own hype too much. A ton of guys need to look in the mirror, and start tearing it up. I suspect they will.

AVL

Reaction score
I notice that Wilson gets shorter after every loss.

Maybe we should trade him and go after Winston or better since we obviously won't win anymore games.

capncrunch

Reaction score
DavidSeven":1ebay92x said:
People say we have to run up the gut at all costs. To what point? Even if there's 9 in the box? 10? 11?? Blitzers coming in from every gap? We have to make teams pay for selling out to stop Lynch, and the answer to that doesn't seem as simple as running Lynch even more. This staff is probably more conscious of the run than any other team in the NFL. Carroll, Cable, Bevell... all three of these guys built their careers off the run game (on different teams). If we're not getting enough RB touches, it's not because these three guys suddenly became pass-happy fools. Gotta show you can hit a big play on 1st or 2nd down (that isn't result of a broken play); gotta convert something on 3rd. If you can do that, you can run down their throat. If not, then you get the same result you got @STL, vs. ARI, vs. DAL -- teams killing us with loaded boxes and man coverage.

This is excellent.

Latest posts