Adam Schefter: Bennett to command $6.5 - $8 million annually

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
truehawksfan":11tum1a7 said:
I wouldn't be surprised if MB signs immediately.

One word: tampering.

His agent probably called several teams and let them know what the Hawks offered to check their interest level., more importantly, their budget and willingness to pay more.

MB is gone.

Well.. considering there is now a 3 day period before FA kicks off to "negotiate" .. its like accepted tampering basically.

But yeah.. I have a feeling whatever happens with Bennett will happen quickly.

chris98251

Reaction score
Tampering has been changed, you discuss players but can't negotiate based on what I have read, "yeah right" but the point is much more flexibility has been given.

Happypuppy

Reaction score
Remember that they list a contract with all the incentives. The contract could be heavily back loaded when he will be off the team, similar to Reds. Let's see the details first

lukerguy

Reaction score
Lamarr Houston is a DOG. If Bennett is an 8 out of 10- Houston is a 9 out of 10. I'm okay if people overpay for players because instead of scouting, they just look at players who were a part of a SB the year prior. There's a good chance that guys like Michael Johnson and Lamar Houston go for the same amount or potentially even less than Bennett. Houston is top 3 in the entire league against the run, and can also be a top tier pass rusher (didn't have a whole lot of opportunities). He's a guy that I would be more excited to have even than Bennett back.

My preference:
1) Houston 9/10
2) Bennett 8/10
3) Johnson 8/10
4) Arthur Jones 7.5/10
5) Combination of players- Melton, Tuck, Allen, ect..

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
chris98251":2njmtnfs said:
Tampering has been changed, you discuss players but can't negotiate based on what I have read, "yeah right" but the point is much more flexibility has been given.

Shoe could also be on the other foot as well. JS could have terms mapped out with a Jared Allen or Lamarr Houston if Bennett is believed to have one foot out the door.

If Bennett leaves, which at this point I'd be surprised if he doesn't, I think we have a backup plan penned already.

OP
OP
kearly

kearly

Reaction score
Personally I think Shefter's estimate is a little low, but that is my amateur opinion. That said, I don't really think Griffen's contract effects much. He's a different player from Bennett, would have had a different market, and signed for $8.5 million precisely because he knew he wouldn't likely get an offer that high in UFA. The Vikes were desperate and he didn't fail to take advantage.

I wonder why the Raiders didn't tag Houston. They have a gajillion dollars they have to spend and they need to spend it soon.

Subzero717

Reaction score
kearly":25usl5li said:
I wonder why the Raiders didn't tag Houston. They have a gajillion dollars they have to spend and they need to spend it soon.

Why havent they tried, Im guessing, resinging Vedhelr. However you spell it.

DeathbyTalons

Reaction score
Thats' game...Hopefully Lamar Houston will be flying into town in for a visit.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Mike Garafolo ‏@MikeGarafolo 3m
Bennett's deal will range right around $8m per season with half guaranteed - a significant upgrade over what Sea was originally offering.

On the money, basically.

Status
Not open for further replies.