Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
kearly

kearly

Reaction score
HoustonHawk82":27mfhmja said:
I think having an extra thread or two about a given player is fine, provided the discussion involves fresh media or fresh player communications insight (et. al.). Duplicate topics about the exact same thing? different story.

:th2thumbs:

joeshaney

Reaction score
HoustonHawk82":3h4sne4m said:
A'hem, can we stop talking about the talk, and just talk?

I think having an extra thread or two about a given player is fine, provided the discussion involves fresh media or fresh player communications insight (et. al.). Duplicate topics about the exact same thing? different story.

Let's get back on topic, please.

Readyyyy...break!

I couldn't agree more, but I'm just following suit. Don't shoot the messenger. Peace.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":39mz3ro9 said:
joeshaney":39mz3ro9 said:
No, my name is not Mr. Big Stuff, it is Joe. Is your name Mr. Big Stuff? Confused.
Song lyrics...Never mind.
Some people don't get it. Also Bennett is GONE probably to Jacksonville or Chicago. At least be original Michael be a Raider or Brown.

joeshaney

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":35idbmbv said:
RolandDeschain":35idbmbv said:
joeshaney":35idbmbv said:
No, my name is not Mr. Big Stuff, it is Joe. Is your name Mr. Big Stuff? Confused.
Song lyrics...Never mind.
Some people don't get it. Also Bennett is GONE probably to Jacksonville or Chicago. At least be original Michael be a Raider or Brown.

Some people don't get it.....
Some people do get it....
Some people don't get it but pretend they do.....
Some people do get it but pretend they don't.....

Such words of wisdom.
Kind of like "Bennett is GONE probably" or Bennett will STAY maybe.
Let's try.... Bennett will definitely maybe stay or go.

Education overdrive!

joeshaney

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":1exlm2a0 said:
You have your opinion I have mine how about we leave it at that? (I won't cry if I'm wrong).

Cheers :)
For the record, I actually believe that Bennett will walk, and we will look to upgrade our oline. Tate walks too unless he tucks his tail and accepts ~4.5/yr.

I'm more interested in what will happen with McDaniel and McDonald. Losing Bennett is one thing, so is cutting Big Red, but losing Bennett, Red, and the two McD's is a pretty crazy overhaul. Especially with many considering Clemons overpaid at this point.

Should be quite the offseason for our DLINE.

HawkMeat

Reaction score
Yeah. The front office isn't going to pay Bennett over 10. Just don't see it possible with the needs after next season. I figured he would be gone. We may have a very different line next year, and that sucks.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
oasis":34u107y1 said:
The Vikings just signed Eversen Griffen for 5 years, 42.5 million dollar deal. That's over 8 million a year and since Bennett is even better and the DE market just lost another player, I think it's likely that Bennett is gone.

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/442711809099702272
10 may not be farfetched but I definitely think it will take 9 million/4 years. Yuck.

Meeker

Reaction score
Always thought he could command 10m/year and Griffen just made it more likely.

ivotuk

Reaction score
I figured 6.5 - 8.5 was his Seattle market long ago, and if someone offers him more, say 9.1 per year, he will take it. I'll miss him, and appreciate what he did for us, but he's not worth nine when we have so many other players who are more valuable. No way we sacrifice our future for Bennett.

truehawksfan

Reaction score
I just don't see the Hawks paying 10Mil.

MB, thanks for helping the team get the ring and good luck at CHI or JAX.

Diezel Dawg

Reaction score
If MB walks, I see us bringing in Jared Allen and re-signed the McDs. We do that, and we will be fine.

truehawksfan

Reaction score
McDonald had 5.5 sacks last year, so the team can use his pass rush skills.

But the extra cap space is going to make this offseason interesting. Will someone go after McDonald too? And, will someone over spend for Tate?

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
I love Michael Bennett and his versatility, but he will get something like 4/38M or 4/40M. Sadly, it won't be from us. I hope we can keep at least one of the McDs, hopefully McDonald if we have to pick one, and I trust these guys to coach up Hill and Scruggs (the latter of whom I remember being promising the year before last).

truehawksfan

Reaction score
I wouldn't be surprised if MB signs immediately.

One word: tampering.

His agent probably called several teams and let them know what the Hawks offered to check their interest level., more importantly, their budget and willingness to pay more.

MB is gone.

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
This place is going to be hilarious/interesting when this dude takes the cash and runs.

Personally, I can't wait for Tuesday so everyone can move on. Hell of a player, will be missed, but not irreplaceable. One dude on the defensive line isn't going to cripple Pete's defense. I hope he gets a huge pay day, he deserves it.

That said...NEXT MAN UP! I'm pretty damn interested in what Scruggs is going to bring to the table this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.