ADB Fined for SB Touchdown Celebration(espn)

shawnsim

Reaction score
That performance was incredibly juvenile and, I am embarrassed for him.
Scatological displays are best left on the 4th grade playground not by a grown man in the Super Bowl.
Completely embarrassing. I still can't believe he actually did that. In what reality did he even think that was funny or appropriate?
My God. Its like my team is hemorrhaging character.

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
hawknation2015":3cwzd1ip said:
The league minimum . . . that's small in comparison to the amount of goodwill he lost from the fans. He's going to have to regain our trust by showing maturity over a sustained period of time.

Lol please for the love of god tell me this is a joke post

hawk45

Reaction score
I'm surprised at how quickly Doug's support disappeared here. Don't get me wrong, I'm totally pleased; I've always thought him thin-skinned and way more impressed with his words than was warranted.

He built this situation brick by pissy brick, and finally committed the unforgivable act of hurting his football team, of *planning* to hurt his football team to carry out his tired personal vendetta against anyone who acknowledges that hey Doug, you're a pretty good (okay very good) #3 receiver but not much more.

I mean guys have tried to get away with PEDs, committed stupid heat-of-the-moment penalties, even had loud mouths. But to actually sit down and plan something like that with full knowledge of costing your team 15 yards in the Superbowl...

I mean Kam is out there playing with a torn MCL, his self-sacrifice for that game the polar opposite of Doug's actions. I can not imagine Kam appreciates that.

netskier

Reaction score
I wouldn't care if Doug never took another crap for Seattle.

Giblien

Reaction score
There is no doubt that ADB is a valuable asset to the team, but he needs to grow up...badly. I'm getting sick of his antics. How can a guy talk about being "blessed", and "Thankful to God" and then mime taking a dump in front of over 100 million people? Grow up kid, and examine yourself (as in 2 Corinthians 13).

shawnsim

Reaction score
therealjohncarlson":3cw8z9vy said:
hawknation2015":3cw8z9vy said:
The league minimum . . . that's small in comparison to the amount of goodwill he lost from the fans. He's going to have to regain our trust by showing maturity over a sustained period of time.

Stupid post.

He did lose respect and goodwill from the fans. It seems to be obvious by just perusing these boards.

It was clearly the single most idiotic and classless thing I have ever witnessed in football.

How you can justify it is mind blowing.

AirStrike

Reaction score
Didn't he rip into Peter King during practice last week? Like went on a expletive filled tirade and Peter King just stood there dumbfounded.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
What's funny is he's been ranting about how he's not getting enough credit and what not, and I feel like 2012 and 2013 is when he played his best and this year he's been...as Deion put it "Aiiight".

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
Ridiculous stunt. He deserves the fine and more.

League rule specifically states the ball can not be used as a plop.

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
shawnsim":3romwzph said:
therealjohncarlson":3romwzph said:
hawknation2015":3romwzph said:

Stupid post.

He did lose respect and goodwill from the fans. It seems to be obvious by just perusing these boards.

It was clearly the single most idiotic and classless thing I have ever witnessed in football.

"Regain our trust"? :roll: Lines like that are so corny and undermine the undeniable fact that we are fans watching athletes play a sport. Why does he need our trust? And what does "trust" even have to do with fans watching a sport?

shawnsim

Reaction score
therealjohncarlson":20tw4c4x said:
shawnsim":20tw4c4x said:
therealjohncarlson":20tw4c4x said:
hawknation2015":20tw4c4x said:

Stupid post.

"Regain our trust"? :roll: Lines like that are so corny and undermine the undeniable fact that we are fans watching athletes play a sport. Why does he need our trust? And what does "trust" even have to do with fans watching a sport?

Actually yes he does. That was the worst debacle I have ever seen in sports history such
a juvenile display of stupidity.
He single handedly painted us as infantile juvenile babies. How you cannot see that just boggles my mind.

ivotuk

Reaction score
StoneCold":1wi506az said:
I didn't like Baldwin's pooping act, but he and Kearse are better receivers than most give them credit. Everyone keeps saying we missed Tate. Tate had 142 targets and 99 catches this year. 1.4 catches per target. Baldwin had 98 targets and 66 catches, 1.4 per. Kearse had fewer targets but his number was 1.7 per target.

SC

Who is "Everyone" because I haven't heard it much. And people are giving them plenty of credit, and love. Considering Doug's childishness in the Superbowl, more love than he deserves.

Armchair Bronco

Reaction score
Rob12":3q4xqzt1 said:
It was selfish and completely out of line. Act like you've seen the end zone before. I love Baldwin but he needs to grow up and become a leader on this team. You don't give Brady an extra 15 yards by pretending to crap out a football.

He should honestly be ashamed. It was embarrassing.

Sorry, but Baldwin will NEVER be a leader...on ANY team.

He's a pluggable widget, and his current job is to play the role of the misunderstood miscreant, which he apparently does very well. But miscreants can never rise above their own dramas to become leaders. They do their own thing, and if the spirit moves them, they crap all over their teammates and fans.

Just like ADB did on Sunday.

akscoundrel

Reaction score
shawnsim":2jmso419 said:
therealjohncarlson":2jmso419 said:
hawknation2015":2jmso419 said:

Stupid post.

Then you clearly and simply have not watched much football..

Bobblehead

Reaction score
SuperFreak":2obfelbp said:
I've read people say it didn't affect the outcome but honestly it might have. Pats took that kickoff out to the 37 I believe if they are at the 20 maybe they make a mistake and we get a turn over. As it played out they punted into the end zone giving us a touch back but let's push them back 15 yards and maybe Walters fields the ball beyond our own 20ish and makes a decent return that better field position might have been the difference in this tight game.

Doug seems to be a major D bag and as solid a WR he is I wouldn't care if he never took another snap for Seattle.

Exactly, though we ourselves did a 3 and out, if we had it in better field position, the play calling may have been completely different.l

Uncle Si

Reaction score
shawnsim":1aege7st said:
therealjohncarlson":1aege7st said:
shawnsim":1aege7st said:
Stupid post.

Actually yes he does. That was the worst debacle I have ever seen in sports history such
a juvenile display of stupidity.
He single handedly painted us as infantile juvenile babies. How you cannot see that just boggles my mind.

TO? Moss? Irvin?

You haven't watched alot of football have you?

Man, I really loved the NFL when it let its players be characters. The Redskins "Fun Bunch", Butch Johnson, TO, Moss, Sanders, Irvin, Icky (alright, that was stupid, but still). Celebrating their accomplishments. Why? Because the game is entertainment.

But no, the NFL has reigned it all in because fans couldn't handle it. Because its "mind blowing" that a guy is having fun. People need to get over themselves a little bit this week.

Latest posts