Adopt a Rookie 2019

12AngryHawks

Reaction score
I'm really tempted to choose Blair, just because he looks so much like a Seahawk safety, it's like someone spliced Kam's DNA with Earl's and made Blair. But I'm also really tempted to choose BBK, just because he feels like one of those guys who's going to make the pro bowl as a special teamer in his first couple years, then make the pro bowl as a starting LB. I think I need some help choosing this one.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
I don't care if its trendy or obvious. I am really excited about D.K. Metcalf. I really wanted Mike Evans when he came out and I think Metcalf has even greater potential than he does.
To get him at the end of the second was a coup that many teams will regret. He will immediately be a tremendously gifted deep ball threat and I am curious if he is able to block well with all that size and strength he has.
Could help with screens and the run game. So much potential there to work with!

aawolf

Reaction score
Phil Haynes, G, Wake Forest

He's from NC and I think he'll make the roster. 322 lbs, and he's a former d-lineman. Wake is a run-heavy system and I've seen him move linemen down the field. He's my adopt-a-rookie.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Sign me up with Gary Jennings Jr. He's got a great future and we're going to love his ability to score once in the open field.

OKHawksfan

Reaction score
Gotta go with Demarcus Christmas (is it true he was born on the 4th of July?) Love the name.

kf3339

Reaction score
aawolf":138u5c0z said:
Phil Haynes, G, Wake Forest

He's from NC and I think he'll make the roster. 322 lbs, and he's a former d-lineman. Wake is a run-heavy system and I've seen him move linemen down the field. He's my adopt-a-rookie.

^ Beat me to it. My reasoning may be a little different as I haven't seem him play at all. But the write-ups on him and his nastiness is exactly what we need in a LG prospect. With Solari's teaching and I bet a bit of a chip on his shoulder this could be our starting LG at some point this season.

Besides I'm not sure Iupati will make it thru the whole season non-injured and we can't put Pocic or Roos out there again.

Just have a feeling about this guy. :2thumbs:

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
I'm holding out for the moment because I want to get a feel for the true underdog. I stay away from the top picks, because for me this is about the guys who may or may not make the roster.

Last year I took Poona Ford. This year I am inclined to go with Amadi, but he seems to safe a selection. I may also have to go with the Jazz.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
I have changed my mind. I am excited for Metcalf but my adopt a rookie is Gary Jennings. Super excited to watch this guy play. He seems like a real down to earth guy.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Ben Burr-Kirven is mine.

Ultimate chip on his should guy. He's may be our next Lofa Tatupu but might need a year in the weight room to get NFL ready.

RockinHawks

Reaction score
BBK!!!

Cinema major...woot!!!

(I'm a cinema professor, so...)

Largent80

Reaction score
At this point in my life I think a rookie should adopt ME, but if I have to do this it's easy:...Collier.

edogg23

Reaction score
Biggest intrigue going into the preseason for me will be how will DK impact the seahawks passing game so he is the no brainer adopt a rookie for me.