Adopt a Seahawk overlooked player edition

Atradees

Reaction score
Annually I love the adopt a rookie thread.
This year I have a running back who was in his coaches doghouse so he got less reps. The odds are against him being a pro bowler or all pro player because we are stacked at RB. Yet I believe somehow he will break thru and become vital to what we do...

So along those lines of thinking....I really like the game of Safety Jeron Johnson. He was an undrafted free agent who has made the most of limited opportunities to flash a ballhawking instinct that has the potential to blossom into star player on most teams; Yet we are stacked at DB all over this roster. Jeron forces fumbles and gets sacks. Instinct...speed...and at 5'10" 215 great size

QuahHawk

Reaction score
TE Darren Fells, this 6'7 ex basketball player has the physical tools similar to Jimmy Graham. He is very raw and his route running and football knowledge is most likely very minimal, just get him in space down field against 5'10-6'2, DB or LB's or ins the redzone and toss the ball up for him. He could be a scary mismatch teams just couldn't prepare for.

Not sure what his chances are that he will actually make the team but I'm rooting for the guy and wouldn't really care if both him and Luke Wilson allowed us to cut Anthony McCoy who's upside is limited.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
I think Jeremy Lane will have to step in and some point and make a real case for competing for the starting nickel spot in '14.

NYCoug

Reaction score
My money's on (not really) John Moffitt. His uncle is cool as hell and I think John gets a bad rap around here. Seems like a solid NFL player and a pretty cool dude who doesn't take himself too seriously. I'm pulling for him.

McGruff

Reaction score
JSeahawks":rmlifhnw said:
Allen Bradford. I think he gets a chance this year, and I think he excels.

I'm going the other direction and picking the guy who was my rookie two years ago . . . OLB Malcolm Smith. Everyone seems eager to replace him in the starting line up, but I think he's a top notch WSLB with range and cover ability and he fits our scheme perfectly. In limited action he outperformed HIll substantially IMO, and a full off season with the starters will only cement that.

roiyair

Reaction score
I really love Johnson, I don't think there's another team with that kind of a player as a backup.
But barring an injury I can't really see it happening. When does his contract expire? I really hope we can keep him, but he can get a starting job so many other places that it would be really tough.

My pick is Carp. I think he's gonna have a monster season at OG.

OP
OP
Atradees

Atradees

Reaction score
roiyair":39jonodn said:
I really love Johnson, I don't think there's another team with that kind of a player as a backup.
But barring an injury I can't really see it happening. When does his contract expire? I really hope we can keep him, but he can get a starting job so many other places that it would be really tough.

My pick is Carp. I think he's gonna have a monster season at OG.

Jeron makes 555k this year and in 2014 he is a RFA. Look for more magic this make or break season. I see him getting competition reps in preseason and maybe some more pt as injury or
skill allows.

Carp is my bust pick unfortunately. Sorry.
I guess I should explain. I feel like his size and weight plus stiffness he becomes a guy with chronic knee issues.

kearly

Reaction score
So many good choices. I'm going to go with JR Sweezy. He's already the most mobile guard in the NFL that I know of, and he's got the tools to be an elite pass protector. He plays with a chip on his shoulder and is a good run blocker. The fact that he earned starts in his first season playing O-line ever speaks volumes. At the rate he's going, he could be one of the league's best ZBS guards within a year or two.

I almost wanted to mention Winston Guy. He wasn't very good last year, but he's probably the best blitzer on the entire team. I'm really interested to see what Quinn can do with him in his "aggressive" defense.

nanomoz

Reaction score
I really Want Thurmond to stay healthy. If he could stay on the field, the degree to which our secondary is the best in the NFL would be epic. So, him.

Runner up: Carpenter. It'd be so nice to cement the left guard position with a potential mauler like him.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
razgriz737":2d3yn9hi said:
Malcom Smith. Seems like no one around here thinks he can be starter.
I do...was pulling for him to replace Hill since I saw him in limited action.

My player would have to be Thurmond...the little he's played, he flashed elite abilities, IMO. Hope he can beat the bug this season.

cacksman

Reaction score
I can't choose between JR Sweezy and Jeremy Lane. I think both will go to at least one pro bowl in their careers.

firebee

Reaction score
Gosh... That's such a hard one to come up with on this team. Jeron Johnson, J.R. Sweezy, Malcolm Smith, Sean McGrath, Greg Scruggs, Jeremy Lane, Mike Morgan, Korey Toomer, Jaye Howard, Charly Martin ... Any one of these guys could turn the corner and be an all-pro player. We have a ton of great competitors on this team that could develop into a quality starter or possibly start for another team with less talent at the position they play. I think that says a lot about this team's management.

Latest posts