Adopt a rookie 2020

Sun Tzu

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":1k56lv8t said:
Someone pick up UDFA Tommy Champion, just for his name
That dude is like 6'5" 320, it's gonna take a forklift dressed as a right guard to pick him up.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Definitely the right time for this thread!

I think Jordyn Brooks will turn out to be a stud for us...
Lewis will be a force at guard, love that pick...
And Colby Parkinson will shine as well, like a better-blocking Jimmy Graham...
I like our two edge rushers we picked up... Both will have an impact, Darrell Taylor a bigger one...
I think Stephen Sullivan will make the team, or at least get stashed as a redshirt... my my all-time favorite Seahawks draft call, "Don't play me, coach..." then... "Let's get to work!! Let's get to work!!"
Freddie Swain, wouldn't it be awesome if he was our next Baldwin; just don't see it his rookie year tho...

But my Adopt-a-Rookie this year is DJ Dallas. He runs tough inside, hitting the hole quickly, he pass-protects, he protects the ball, he uses his blockers and reads holes well, he is QB-smart on screen passes (he was a QB in HS), and just will be an all-around Swiss Army knife, a poor man's Christian McCaffrey for us. He just does a lot of things well, and will hold up his end of a RB-by-committee, where the Defense can't assume what play will be called. I seem him making a lot of key plays for us, drive-sustaining plays, and the occasional big play. And don't forget the RB option pass plays!

Of course, his college tape may not translate, and he may not make even the team. That's always the risk. But it's MAY and hope springs eternal! I think DJ will consistently give us what we thought we'd get from CJ Prosise after his breakout games at NE & Philly in 2016, but isn't quite as fast, so maybe gets caught from behind at the 10. Or, just as likely, makes the guy diving from behind at the 10 miss, and scores anyway.

Overall, I really like this draft class and think it will grade out much better a couple years down the road than pundits expect. We didn't draft a DB, so what, looks like Dunbar will be able to play after all.