Adopt a rookie 2020

jmahon316

Reaction score
It's been about 3 weeks since the NFL Draft, I figured this board was long overdue so I decided to create it myself to keep up the tradition. Who do you like? Who impresses you the most? Our future starts TODAY.

So without further adieu, here is my 2020 Adopt-a-rookie: Freddie Swain.

[youtube]mX73tso3fjU[/youtube]

Freddie Swain seems like a go-getter with a relentless attitude and desire to get the ball and make the most of his plays. At the 1:11 mark of the video above, he adjusts beautifully in a split-second reaction to track the ball and get the catch with one hand. At the 1:40 mark he makes a nice catch and immediately jettisons himself backwards to get the touchdown, ALMOST similar to a play that Ursua made during the 49ers' game last season.

He also is a decent punt returner, as demonstrated in the 2:12 mark in the video. This partially relieves Lockett of his punt returning services, giving him less chance to get injured and focus on being the #1 WR that we have right now.

At 3:14, 3:25, and 4:47 he dives for the endzone, refusing to be tackled short of a touchdown. His determination is something to be admired.

I think this kid has the potential to be a really great player for us in the future.

Who is your 2020 Adopt-a-rookie, and why?

LB Jordyn Brooks, Texas Tech
EDGE Darrell Taylor, Tennessee
G Damien Lewis, LSU
TE Colby Parkinson, Stanford
RB DeeJay Dallas, Miami
DE Alton Robinson, Syracuse
WR Freddie Swain, Florida
TE Stephen Sullivan, LSU

Also, let's not forget about the UDFA's!

LB Eli Mencer, Albany
QB Anthony Gordon, Washington State
S Chris Miller, Baylor
CB Gavin Heslop, Stony Brook
DE Marcus Webb, Troy
RB Anthony Jones, FIU
CB Kemah Siverand, Oklahoma State
WR Seth Dawkins, Louisville
CB Debione Renfro, Texas A&M
TE Tyler Mabry, Maryland
DT Josh Avery, Southeast Missouri State
WR Aaron Fuller, Washington State

KinesProf

Reaction score
I'm relatively new here, may I ask what you mean by "adopt" a rookie? Do we choose one and donate to their foundation or a cause they care about ? Because if so, that sounds like a great idea!! Kudos!!

I'll go with the guy from Southeast Missouri State, as those smaller institutions often have less support.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Colby Parkinson

He's big. Hes a bully. And apparently he grew up a Seahawks fan.

chris98251

Reaction score
Debione Renfro, Texas A&M, S Chris Miller, Baylor,

One a CB and the other who I think ends up being a Slot guy who has played Safety on the smaller side for a Safety but had fluid hips and hits like a Linebacker, perfect combination for a Slot guy.

I always tend to go for UDFA since that is the hardest to predict, Renfro could be a surprise but we have a lot of Redshirt guys and Flowers as well as Dunbar if he can get thru his legal issues which I think he will, story doesn't add up.

Both will be on Practice squad during the year, but I am leaning towards Miller as my Adopt a rookie this year to have a shot at making the 53 man at some point.

emurri

Reaction score
I am going to go with Darrell Taylor. John and Pete seem to really hit on guys they trade up for and they said they would have taken him if Brooks had not been there. We are desperate for a pass rush and he could help fill that need. After reading up on him and watching film of him I get a good vibe and really think he could turn into a real stud. For those reasons he is my guy.

I also really think Brooks is going to be a stud. I remember when we drafted Lofa T. In the second and people freaking out because they thought we could have gotten him much later and that he was to small to play middle linebacker. He became a stud right away and was one of the biggest reasons we went to our first Super Bowl. I think Brooks will have a similar impact on this defense.

Damien Lewis is going to be an instant starter and really help our o-line. If these three guys turn into solid impact players and Dunbar gets out of his current legal problems, we could win our division and be Super Bowl contenders.

emurri

Reaction score
“Who is your 2020 Adopt-a-rookie, and why?

LB Jordyn Brooks, Texas Tech
EDGE Darrell Taylor, Tennessee
G Damien Lewis, LSU
TE Colby Parkinson, Stanford
RB DeeJay Dallas, Miami
DE Alton Robinson, Syracuse
WR Freddie Swain, Florida
TE Stephen Sullivan, LSU”

After taking some time to learn about each one of these guys I really think they could all eventually have a soiled impact on this team. I realize that not everyone of them will work out. History tells us that. I really think this is a great draft class and history tells us that a guy or two from the undrafted free agent group will surprise and make the team and become solid contributors. I know that there has been a lot of negativity about some of the guys we drafted and positions we didn’t address. I don’t feel that way. This draft class is going surprise a lot of people.

TwilightError

Reaction score
CB Gavin Heslop, Stony Brook

Another huge hit in the secondary would be so cool. Especially as they did not draft anyone.

Team Slapaho

Reaction score
Josh Avery DT He is a massive wall of run stopping potential. Him and Poona Ford in the middle would be solid!

HawkGA

Reaction score
Very hopeful for the young DEs the team picked up, but I'm gonna go with OL and Lewis. Would have preferred the team get some tackle help, but I'm hoping Iupati gets cut in camp because there is so much promise with Lewis and Haynes.

morgulon1

Reaction score
S Sullivan TE/WR. LSU

A big , fast mofo that played for one of the Premier college teams in the nation.

Pedigree.

His draft call was epic. He was sofaking excited
To get the call, I just have the feeling he's going to make the most of it a make his own way onto the 53 man roster

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
I'm taking Brooks. He gets an unfairly horrible wrap because people think he was a reach, but the kid is a damn baller. I usually go for a mid round guy, but I'm sticking with the premier pick here, Jordyn Brooks.

For UDFA, give me Renfro.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Jordyn Brooks. Why? Because so many people complained about the guy and acted like instant experts. Meh, give the guy a chance, and watch him do his thing.

sc85sis

Reaction score
I don’t know whether Sullivan will make it or not, but I am pulling for that kid. He had so much going against him in his childhood yet never gave up. He’s got a great attitude. I really want to see him achieve his dreams.

nrayorr

Reaction score
Darrell Taylor is my choice. I saw film on him and if he can produce like that of the edge at the next level we are golden.