Adrian Peterson visiting the Seahawks (Update: Lacy signed)

Largent80

Reaction score
bevellisthedevil":1nlf4pcc said:
He doesn't hit the hole anymore. He hops around like Shaun Alexander did before he was released. The only difference is Shaun fell down in the backfield prior to contact. AP will just get blasted and fall down in the backfield.

Yeah he sucked in 2015 didn't he?...He was hurt last year.

2015Vikings 327carries 1,485yards 4.5 avg. 11touchdowns 30 receptions

RussB

Reaction score
bevellisthedevil":2si1kwd8 said:
He doesn't hit the hole anymore. He hops around like Shaun Alexander did before he was released. The only difference is Shaun fell down in the backfield prior to contact. AP will just get blasted and fall down in the backfield.
Was the rushing leader in 2015 and looked as good as ever. 2016 he was just injured, nobody knows how he will respond next season but i think its worth the risk.

mikeak

Reaction score
Seahawk_Dan":2nthxx32 said:
A 31 often injured back? Ummm...

If the definition of "often injured" is that he was out most of last season then you are correct. It also applies to a LOT of stars in this league at one point of their career.

Not like he missed a bunch of games several years in a row which is normally how I define often injured....

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":2zvwkqua said:
AP would be a valuable piece to the puzzle. He is going to run like a man possessed this season. He's a boiling teapot ready to erupt.
+1

I hope we can get him, one of the best backs in history. Prior to that injury he went gonzo on the league in 2015.

His father is quoted somewhere as suggesting the Raiders would be the better fit than the Hawks, given the OLs.

Jimjones0384

Reaction score
nash72":1havy0jb said:
It'll be a big disappointment if we spend money and sign him. Draft a RB and go from there.

Who else are they going to sign? Might as well take a chance on one of these rbs.

Jimjones0384

Reaction score
Hell, why not sign both lacy and Charles? Probably could get both of em for 5 to 6 mil a year combined.

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":injz90tg said:
AP would be a valuable piece to the puzzle. He is going to run like a man possessed this season. He's a boiling teapot ready to erupt.

Yeah, we'll be locked and loaded to win the Super Bowl in 2012.

Tarvaris Jackson
Sidney Rice
Percy Harvin
and now maybe Adrian Peterson. How many of Bevell's Vikings need to strike out here before we stop signing them? Does Favre want to put in a year here, too?

Rawls and Prosise both looked great last year when healthy. Talent at RB is not a problem, injuries are. So I'd hardly call a 31 year old back a "valuable piece."

Optimus25

Reaction score
If prosise stays healthy i honestly don't even want AD taking any of his reps anyway.

nrayorr

Reaction score
nash72":33jh6l31 said:
It'll be a big disappointment if we spend money and sign him. Draft a RB and go from there.

This year's draft is great for running backs and defense. You can find a very good back through all the rounds. We have a thing for old running backs coming here to end their careers. Not sure why, but that's our MO.

penihawk

Reaction score
I don't know if AP has much tread on the tires left or what will become of him coming here but I still haven't figured out what Prosise has done to stir soo much excitement. IMO he still has the same potential as when coming out and much to prove.

HawkGA

Reaction score
I have no interest in this what so ever. I'm not sure the numbers but wouldn't even the Vet Minimum be rather high for somebody as long in the tooth as AP? I'd much prefer they gamble on a draft pick and use any available cap for OLine. That's much more important than getting another running back.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
WindCityHawk":3tq5eu08 said:
Siouxhawk":3tq5eu08 said:

Tarvaris Jackson
Sidney Rice
Percy Harvin
and now maybe Adrian Peterson. How many of Bevell's Vikings need to strike out here before we stop signing them? Does Favre want to put in a year here, too?

Rawls and Prosise both looked great last year when healthy. Talent at RB is not a problem, injuries are. So I'd hardly call a 31 year old back a "valuable piece."
Considering that the first 3 ex-Vikings you listed won a ring in our offense with Bevell calling the shots, I love them all.

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
WindCityHawk":309vs9ar said:
Siouxhawk":309vs9ar said:

Tarvaris Jackson
Sidney Rice
Percy Harvin

The craziest thing is that Tarvaris Jackson, Sidney Rice, and Percy Harvin all got a SB ring here....that's probably what will lore AP to want to sign here, hopefully for a lower price. I think he can help the young RBs if anything.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
AP and Wilson are my two favorite players but knowing AP like I do since I watch and post about the Vikings as well I doubt he is going to sign to a deal that we will find acceptable. If he does I will be shocked more than just about anyone.

The problem last year, aside from injuries is that so often he would get the ball and 1-2 defenders would be almost immediately on him in the backfield. If he gets time to actually get to the line and do something he can be dangerous.

He isnt the best blocker but I think he has been underutilized in the passing game for the Vikings and he is a threat by himself just like Wilson is. If he can play well in a read option/PA style we like to run he or Wilson is going to have tons of options. We all saw how well the read option worked with Lynch with huge holes opening up. You give that to AP and he is going to rip huge runs.

I would sign him but not more 7 mil probably which I think is realistic and maybe even underselling how much he is going to get.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
WilsonMVP":16fr6s13 said:
AP and Wilson are my two favorite players but knowing AP like I do since I watch and post about the Vikings as well I doubt he is going to sign to a deal that we will find acceptable. If he does I will be shocked more than just about anyone.

The problem last year, aside from injuries is that so often he would get the ball and 1-2 defenders would be almost immediately on him in the backfield. If he gets time to actually get to the line and do something he can be dangerous.

He isnt the best blocker but I think he has been underutilized in the passing game for the Vikings and he is a threat by himself just like Wilson is. If he can play well in a read option/PA style we like to run he or Wilson is going to have tons of options. We all saw how well the read option worked with Lynch with huge holes opening up. You give that to AP and he is going to rip huge runs.

I would sign him but not more 7 mil probably which I think is realistic and maybe even underselling how much he is going to get.
Excellent post Wilson and I want Adrian here, but $7 million is way too much. Maybe base $3 million while being incentive-laden. I love the guy, but $7 million takes us out of adding at least one more lower-budget FA lineman that could be just what we're looking for.

chris98251

Reaction score
theincrediblesok":2x3iovbb said:
WindCityHawk":2x3iovbb said:
Siouxhawk":2x3iovbb said:

Tarvaris Jackson
Sidney Rice
Percy Harvin

The craziest thing is that Tarvaris Jackson, Sidney Rice, and Percy Harvin all got a SB ring here....that's probably what will lore AP to want to sign here, hopefully for a lower price. I think he can help the young RBs if anything.

Lots of people get Super Bowl rings when a team wins, whether they contribute or not....................... Well.

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
penihawk":11atr379 said:
I still haven't figured out what Prosise has done to stir soo much excitement. IMO he still has the same potential as when coming out and much to prove.

Probably has to do with that game where he carried 17 times for 66 yards and had 7 receptions for 87 yards and the opposition (Patriots) appeared to have absolutely no answer for him. With him being so damaging, Wilson went off to the tune of 348 yards and 3 TDs. Gives people hope.