Adrian Peterson visiting the Seahawks (Update: Lacy signed)

bighawk

Reaction score
If there is a chance Peterson can come close to being what he was in 2015 then we will have a gem. Someone said he doesnt hit the holes likehe use to well u can say the same about Lynch his last year as we all know the line was the reason he couldnt hit the holes. Petetson is special he is working hard to return to form. I will be happy with AP or JC. go hawks.

nash72

Reaction score
WilsonMVP":1f20ykir said:
The problem last year, aside from injuries is that so often he would get the ball and 1-2 defenders would be almost immediately on him in the backfield. If he gets time to actually get to the line and do something he can be dangerous.

That happened in Minnesota. Just imagine how bad it will be if he comes here.

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":sirkrcyw said:
WindCityHawk":sirkrcyw said:
Siouxhawk":sirkrcyw said:
AP would be a valuable piece to the puzzle. He is going to run like a man possessed this season. He's a boiling teapot ready to erupt.

Yeah, we'll be locked and loaded to win the Super Bowl in 2012.

Tarvaris Jackson
Sidney Rice
Percy Harvin
and now maybe Adrian Peterson. How many of Bevell's Vikings need to strike out here before we stop signing them? Does Favre want to put in a year here, too?

Rawls and Prosise both looked great last year when healthy. Talent at RB is not a problem, injuries are. So I'd hardly call a 31 year old back a "valuable piece."
Considering that the first 3 ex-Vikings you listed won a ring in our offense with Bevell calling the shots, I love them all.

Jackson was a backup, Rice was on IR, and Harvin was in 2 games--including the Super Bowl--and his kick return was irrelevant in a lopsided game.

You know damn well all three of those players had zero to do with that game, if not that entire season. Stop trolling.

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
WindCityHawk":1ke0mjko said:
Siouxhawk":1ke0mjko said:
WindCityHawk":1ke0mjko said:
Siouxhawk":1ke0mjko said:
AP would be a valuable piece to the puzzle. He is going to run like a man possessed this season. He's a boiling teapot ready to erupt.

Tarvaris Jackson
Sidney Rice
Percy Harvin
and now maybe Adrian Peterson. How many of Bevell's Vikings need to strike out here before we stop signing them? Does Favre want to put in a year here, too?

Rawls and Prosise both looked great last year when healthy. Talent at RB is not a problem, injuries are. So I'd hardly call a 31 year old back a "valuable piece."
Considering that the first 3 ex-Vikings you listed won a ring in our offense with Bevell calling the shots, I love them all.

Jackson was a backup, Rice was on IR, and Harvin was in 2 games--including the Super Bowl--and his kick return was irrelevant in a lopsided game.

You know damn well all three of those players had zero to do with that game, if not that entire season. Stop trolling.

I believe their mentorship was huge though for several seasons, maybe not Percy, but Jackson for Wilson and Rice for our WR group that was at that time believed to be pedestrians.

AP would be a great mentor I believe for our RB group, not saying he would be a great fit here but it might be the thing that our very young RB group needs, a veteran presence.

Josea16

Reaction score
So, have we signed his broken ass already? Personally I'd just draft someone in a deep RB draft but what do I know? After that or hopefully way above that just draft defense. Including an actual CB and FS. Given it's even more loaded at those positions. Or the reverse, who cares just do it. We have money if we choose that direction but I'd prefer one more real shot at OL because running backs are dime a dozen in the current NFL.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
]
WindCityHawk":1qg8d5ha said:
Siouxhawk":1qg8d5ha said:
WindCityHawk":1qg8d5ha said:
Siouxhawk":1qg8d5ha said:

Tarvaris Jackson
Sidney Rice
Percy Harvin

I believe their mentorship was huge though for several seasons, maybe not Percy, but Jackson for Wilson and Rice for our WR group that was at that time believed to be pedestrians.

AP would be a great mentor I believe for our RB group, not saying he would be a great fit here but it might be the thing that our very young RB group needs, a veteran presence.
Thank you, incredible

No matter what, they were on our roster and we won a Super Bowl. What do you want? And everyone only dwells on Percy's kick return, which was the final nail in the coffin, in that game. But he also had a big reverse run and another catch, at least one for a first down, that set our offensive tempo.

Why is it such a bad thing that I follow the Vikings because of where I live, but my heart is with the Hawks and I think we could pick off a few of their players from that sorry franchise to make us better? For example, Matt Kalil is being paid too much.

chris98251

Reaction score
Funny thing is if the Vikings hired Bevell and signed Tjack as a back up Siouxhawk would be on the Vikings board before the Mic hit the floor.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
chris98251":zf4b9cud said:
Funny thing is if the Vikings hired Bevell and signed Tjack as a back up Siouxhawk would be on the Vikings board before the Mic hit the floor.
I certainly would not like that. It's kind of baffling that you think you know me well enough to not see the connections I've made after watching the Hawks for 7 years. But once again, you've watched the team longer Chris, so you're a superfan over a lowly follower such as myself.

chris98251

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":2n95y2tw said:
chris98251":2n95y2tw said:
I certainly would not like that. It's kind of baffling that you think you know me well enough to not see the connections I've made after watching the Hawks for 7 years. But once again, you've watched the team longer Chris, so you're a superfan over a lowly follower such as myself.

Not at all, you jumped ship once and your loyalty is evident to whom you are a loyalist to.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
chris98251":l1wqnrhq said:
Siouxhawk":l1wqnrhq said:
chris98251":l1wqnrhq said:

Not at all, you jumped ship once and your loyalty is evident to whom you are a loyalist to.
OK ... and that is bad how? .
Keep in mind that I don't take my loyalty lightly. Do you really want to go in this direction?

chris98251

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":2o85iw2v said:
chris98251":2o85iw2v said:
Siouxhawk":2o85iw2v said:
chris98251":2o85iw2v said:

Keep in mind that I don't take my loyalty lightly. Do you really want to go in this direction?

Just means that your a Seahawk fan today, a Vikings fan yesterday and who knows tomorrow.

If you were someone's boyfriend or girlfriend would anyone trust your commitment?

Josea16

Reaction score
chris98251":248rntwl said:
Siouxhawk":248rntwl said:
chris98251":248rntwl said:

Chris, he stayed though. If he was a Minnesota fan some things make sense. But regardless I think he supports the Seahawks regardless. I could be horrifyingly wrong though.....

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":8clz8hjt said:
chris98251":8clz8hjt said:
Siouxhawk":8clz8hjt said:
chris98251":8clz8hjt said:

Just means that your a Seahawk fan today, a Vikings fan yesterday and who knows tomorrow.

If you were someone's boyfriend or girlfriend would anyone trust your commitment?
Rest assured that during the Pete regime, I will never wander.

Josea16

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":1ixl8igp said:
IrishNW":1ixl8igp said:
watch us throw 7 million guaranteed at him....

Pete has a "thing" about uber athletes
Why would you say that? You act like our GM is incompetent, which he certainly is not.
I hope we get Murray at this point if the FO insists on veteran insurance. This draft is loaded with serious RB talent. So yeah get someone cheap and draft someone that will remove Rawls and Precise from the mix if we nailed it.

OP
OP
Mistashoesta

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
WindCityHawk":1ywtjdu3 said:

Tarvaris Jackson
Sidney Rice
Percy Harvin

How dare you leave out the great Blair Walsh?

Josea16

Reaction score
We do love Minnesota Viking castoffs. I think it's all about the Steve Hutchinson thing. Who knows beyond jealousy is crazy?

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":e7usajuj said:
No matter what, they were on our roster and we won a Super Bowl. What do you want?

Correlation is not causation. That's like saying we won the Super Bowl because we got new jerseys. Those two facts have as little to do with each other as three former Vikings riding the pine behind a legendary defense.

But to the original point: Peterson was great--one of the greatest, even. But we don't need to be throwing lifetime achievement money at a 31 year old back. Especially with our line as broken as it is. This has Shaun Alexander written all over it. If anything, I'd offer him a one-year, minimal "prove it" deal, or a map back to Sea-Tac. If anything.

Jville

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/JosinaAnderson/status/841402997192163328[/tweet]

knownone

Reaction score
Jville":3hl042p7 said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/JosinaAnderson/status/841402997192163328[/tweet]
This isn't really news is it? I was under the impression Seattle has been telling every RB they bring in that a decision won't be made until they've met with everyone, which I'd assume would mean after Jamal Charles. I think that's why we haven't seen any of the major RBs sign yet, Seattle is the ideal location for just about every one of these guys given our propensity to run the ball and our Superbowl ready roster.

chris98251

Reaction score
Scrap them all and draft Mixon, cheaper and less mileage and will be hungry.