Adrian Peterson visiting the Seahawks (Update: Lacy signed)

Seafan

Reaction score
I don't want the Hawks to waste any picks on offensive players. If Lacy has lost weight and is in shape offer him a contract.

Largent80

Reaction score
chris98251":vpdzrc1g said:
Scrap them all and draft Mixon, cheaper and less mileage and will be hungry.

After a couple weeks of mulling it over, this seems like the best move for the Hawks. Get a young angry and good runner, one that can deliver punishment, Mixon sure looks to be that guy.

SEAHAWG

Reaction score
Plus AP is offering to give free daycare to other players children.
However,(discipline is extra).

c_hawkbob

Reaction score
Two problems with Adrian Peterson:

1- Most importantly he's the wrong type of runner for our system. He's a line up 7 yards deep in the "I" formation and hit the hole in a gap blocking scheme kinda back. He doesn't run out of a shotgun formation and he's not a one cut backside of a zone blocking scheme runner like Marshawn. Whoever said he's more like Alexander is correct in that regard.

This is not to say he doesn't have the physical tools to be able to do these things, just that he doesn't and we don't know of a certainty that he'll be productive in our scheme.

2- He beat his 4 year old son bloody with a switch, on the front of the thighs (and a hopefully errant shot to a testicle) with the poor kid still fastened in a car seat and called it discipline ... Imagine the sheer terror that kid experienced. A 4 year old! He's a part time dad to at least 4 kids by 4 different women and he ain't a good one. I know this is about football but that kinda matters to me.

I'll pass on AP and I hope Pete does too.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Adrian actually took quite a few snaps out of the shotgun in Norv Turner's system and Bridgewater at QB when he led the league in rushing 2 years ago, so formation shouldn't be a problem. To me, it still comes down to the money being accepted and that would apply to all 4 free agent RBs we're auditioning.

Where are all the Pope supporters that were pretty vocal a season ago? Do they now not believe he's our complementary piece in the backfield?

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Look at it this way, if Adrian is as handicapped as you seem to imply running out of the gun, why would we be bringing him in for an audition in the first place?

c_hawkbob

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":1ppkrsyy said:
Look at it this way, if Adrian is as handicapped as you seem to imply running out of the gun, why would we be bringing him in for an audition in the first place?

Due diligence.

I'm glad we went Lacy instead.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
c_hawkbob":1xkkl43h said:
Siouxhawk":1xkkl43h said:

Due diligence.

I still believe AP will have a huge year for whoever lands him. Thinking Raiders or Packers at this point.

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
c_hawkbob":1zcd2ykx said:
Siouxhawk":1zcd2ykx said:

Due diligence.

Due diligence, negotiation leverage, driving values down for other RB prospects we're bringing in (up for other teams in the RB FA market), personality/psychological evaluation.... the list can go on, I'm sure.

Lacy will probably be the most reliable regarding injury and I guarantee he came cheaper than AP will, so I'm actually pretty happy about it. If only Lacy could keep the pounds off....

replicant

Reaction score
RB Adrian Peterson tells ESPN he will sign with Saints

After a wait of more than a month, Adrian Peterson seems to have found his landing spot back in the NFL.

Peterson told ESPN he plans to sign with the New Orleans Saints. Peterson said it is a two-year deal, but the second year is a team option.

He told the network the base value of the deal is $7 million. The Minnesota Vikings chose not to pick up the $18 million option on Peterson for 2017.

"I am excited to be joining the New Orleans Saints," Peterson told Josina Anderson of ESPN. "I'm really looking forward to this opportunity. Most importantly, I chose this team because it just felt right within my spirit. Additionally, my wife and family added their confirmation with the same feelings.

USA TODAY Sports was among several outlets who confirmed Monday that Peterson and the Saints were close to signing a deal.

The move would bring an end to an extended free agency process for Peterson, 32, who stands as the Minnesota Vikings' all-time leader in rushing with 11,747 yards in 10 seasons.

But he wouldn't have to wait long to face his former team. The Vikings host the Saints in the first Monday Night Football game of the 2017 season.

Peterson also visited the Seattle Seahawks and New England Patriots, but the teams opted to look elsewhere to address their needs in the backfield. The Seahawks signed former Green Bay Packers running back Eddie Lacy, while the Patriots took on Rex Burkhead and Mike Gillislee.

In New Orleans, Peterson will team up with Mark Ingram, who had a career-high 1,043 rushing yards last season.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/rb- ... li=BBnb7Kz

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Peterson obviously wants to keep playing and didn't seem to have other options, but I don't really see it from the Saints' side of things.

He couldn't be a worse scheme fit for them.

Maybe they're just taking moon shots knowing Brees only has a year or two left.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Popeyejones":2lttf96w said:
Peterson obviously wants to keep playing and didn't seem to have other options, but I don't really see it from the Saints' side of things.

He couldn't be a worse scheme fit for them.

or....

http://deadspin.com/the-saints-have-the-right-offense-for-adrian-peterson-1794623329

"The Saints offense should generally be a good fit. Peterson notoriously dislikes working out of the shotgun, and the Saints are near the bottom of the NFL in shotgun usage. Last year they “only” lined up in shotgun on 55 percent of snaps. (To give you a sense of how the NFL has changed, and how it might’ve left backs like Peterson behind, just five years before that, 55 percent was good enough for the fourth-highest rate of shotgun.)"

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I like this signing for NO, as great as Brees is, and was even last year........what all his success and yards thrown for showed is that you can't be one dimensional in the NFL.

So adding AP should balance that offense out quite nicely. Obviously IF Peterson can stay healthy.

Which is also a good fit for him, cause with NO's offense already being high powered and effective with Brees, he doesn't have to be a primary back expected to carry the rock 20-25 times. But just him being in the backfield should keep every defense honest.