After 11 games, #12 in offense, #11 in defense

toffee

Reaction score
Sure didn't feel like a top 10 team, but PFF seems to think so? Biggest drop may be run defense? from #2 in the league after the Giants game to #18 now. Tackling has been consistently bad, Receiving trending downwards.

Seahawks week 12

hoxrox

Reaction score
PFF doesn't seem like they have reliable data.

Seattle is currently:

18th in scoring PPG.
22nd in opponent PPG.
20th in point differential.

That looks more indicative of where this team is at, compared to the rest of the league.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Statistics have a tendency to put frosting on a turd. The Seahawk are that turd in a punchbowl of excited Hawk fans. The frosting is melting, falling away, but the stink is constant.
You think that's bad, just think about LAST season when Geno & the Offense was the STRENGTH of the team and WINNING GAMES while the DEFENSE LOST us several very Winnable games....Talk about "Stink".
I AM an "Excited Hawk Fan", are you really even a HAWKS fan, or are you some fly-by Russ-fan/Pete Hater who gets his jollies SHITTING in that proverbial "Punchbowl"?

jeremiah

Reaction score
You think that's bad, just think about LAST season when Geno & the Offense was the STRENGTH of the team and WINNING GAMES while the DEFENSE LOST us several very Winnable games....Talk about "Stink".
I AM an "Excited Hawk Fan", are you really even a HAWKS fan, or are you some fly-by Russ-fan/Pete Hater who gets his jollies SHITTING in that proverbial "Punchbowl"?
I get no jollies from telling the truth. I am a frustrated, never was sportswriter who tells the unvarnished truth as I see it. I have bled Blue and Silver...old colors since the first preseason game. I attended the NFC Championship game where Hawks crushed Carolina. I was rained on in Husky stadium when Brock Huard played briefly, took a helmet to the kidney, and never played again. I was a season ticket holder, right up to the opening of the new stadium they play in now. Now I watch from home with an eye towards the excellence in the game. Seahawks are far from excellent, barely mediocre. Yet fanatics refuse to see reality. Fanatics keep this mediocrity in place, by supporting Pete Carroll as Coach. When the boos start, it will finally be the fuse that ignites excellence in Seattle once more. THAT is where my heart is at. I see reality, and refuse to ignore it. Others see what they wish for, and call it being a good fan.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score

I'm not going to waste my time trying to make you UNDERSTAND how ABSURD & CORNY it is to put others down for the way they FAN!

Old Scutter. All over the place.

morgulon1

Reaction score
Statistics have a tendency to put frosting on a turd. The Seahawk are that turd in a punchbowl of excited Hawk fans. The frosting is melting, falling away, but the stink is constant.
I hate that smelly turd film

Ozzy

Reaction score
I'll put this here. The comment on DBs knowing the WR route trees is worth noting.

This article highlights the failure of Waldron and Geno. Some odd play calls and inspite of that there is usually someone open and Geno just isn’t seeing it. Frustrating

Crizilla

Reaction score
I'm not buying it.
Better and more telling stats:
20th in the NFL in YPG
20th in the NFL in PPG
22nd in Total Yards Allowed
20th in Total Points Allowed
The Patriots at 2-9 have more rushing yards than Seahawks
😆🤣😂

xray

Reaction score
The line from " Money Ball " says it all..." If he's a good hitter ; why doesn't he hit good ? " :)

Ozzy

Reaction score
I'm not buying it.
Better and more telling stats:
20th in the NFL in YPG
20th in the NFL in PPG
22nd in Total Yards Allowed
20th in Total Points Allowed
The Patriots at 2-9 have more rushing yards than Seahawks
😆🤣😂
PFF is terrible. Those numbers are most likely to get even worse after the Philly, Dallas and Niners game as we’ve played one of the easier schedules in the league so far

cymatica

Reaction score
These seem odd. We're in the bottom 3rd for points and yards so how are we that high on defense? PFF seems to be all over the place.
I'm guessing they don't penalize a defense as much for giving up points on a short drive the offense put them in. I also wonder if giving up a long 3rd down after good plays on 1st and 2nd helps their score a little, maybe even some of the stupid drive extending penalties factor in. Defense looks great sometimes, then just 1 stupid mistake here and there on 3rd downs results in giving up a long drive with points.

Or maybe PFF just sucks 🤷