Agent: Jalen Carter to visit only teams with top-10 pick

CactusJack

Reaction score
Fair enough. Should he one hell of an interesting draft. Esp. the 1st round.

I feel like with every day, I'm leaning more towards wanting them to take Carter IF he's available. About 65/35 for it right now.
Carter is in a tier by himself from my pov. Guys like him just don't come around very often. Regardless of the off the field stuff.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
And IF he stays out of trouble and is focused, he's a beast. And fills a HUGE need. I'm good with them taking him, but I'm also fine if they don't.
I let them do their jobs w/out acting like some expert about the draft. Pretty much all these guys have varied opinions on them.
He's a hell of a player w/out a doubt. But I also would be VERY nervous about his work ethic. Let alone his maturity.

That being said, Pete is the perfect guy to coach up a player like this.

ElvisInBlue

Reaction score
LOLOL Here's another possible school of thought on the "Commitment" angle; MONEY..I mean he didn't get paid a crapload of it in College like he will in the PRO'S.
Money can play a huge part in energizing Drive & Commitment.
Playing devils advocate here, there's a possibility that his being rotated in & out a lot, he likely wouldn't take the Conditioning gig too seriously...All that is going to need to change when he gets Drafted, and it's possible that he's quite aware of it by now, especially after interviews by the teams that he's visited or visiting..Money does do a good job of greasing the wheels ;-)
If you think $$ is going to motivate him it should already have kicked in.

The difference between being the #1 pick vs #10 pick is nearly $20 million over the rookie contract.

CactusJack

Reaction score
Carter, in my opinion, can single-handedly and immediately make this team better in a way that no other single player in the draft could.
Bingo.

There are four blue chip type guys imo. Who could make an immediate impact.

Carter, Robinson & Young, Stroud.

Anderson will be a good player. But as others have said, his film is a little underwhelming & you're left wanting more from him.

Wilson is just raw. Half the time, he doesn't know what he's doing. But he has the traits.

Last edited:

Latest posts