Ahhhh Crap I Can't Stand It Any Longer

hawk45

Reaction score
Aros!!! Welcome back! I missed your posts badly.

SeaChat

Reaction score
Welcome home brother, your absence was notable. I relate to the adictive draw this forum has, no matter the changes over time, and there have been a lot of them. Like a Chinese dinner though, some sweet and some sour, I guess you need to take the good with the bad and keep the forums welfare front and center, at least that is what I've tried to do.

I first signed up about a year after the forum was launched, with a similar nic but forgot my damn password, and the recovery process didn't help me recover it, so, here i am re-registered and a rookie again lol. I was a workaholic back then (I'm a recovering workaholic now, with periodic relapses lol), and I seldom found time to set down and thoughfully post anything, but I read with what time I could spend here and your right there was a tighter knit community back then. There were plenty of conflicting opinions, but folks didn't take it so personal and at the end of the day were still in a good place with themselves and the other members of the forum.

In recent years there does seem to a more excitable bunch in here that interpret conflicting opinions as being personal attacks on their intelligence and launch character assassination attacks in response. Kind of makes a guy or gal reluctant to speak their mind or voice their opinion for fear of reprisals. I had to deploy my Ducks tactic, lol, "Water off a Ducks Back". In one ear and out the other, and focus on all the good folks and the good stuff being shared here.

I have the same feelings you do about this game today. I am hoping its not that close score wise at games end, but a win is a win is a win. I think that everyone who is drinking the missing Earl Thomas, coupled with the no running game and no offensive line, cup of kool-aid, will sober up from it by games end.

I've sat for hours over the past few weeks watching the last 3 games the Seahawks played, prior to coming into this game, and I know what I saw, it wasn't a fluke, our offensive line has finally synced, and they are playing like the cohesive line that Pete kept telling us they would become. They are creating the creases that Rawls needs to get going, the addition of Reese really helped open the running game up, Alex Collins has worked his ass off and has transitioned into a running back, that is starting to look reminiscent of the legendary Marshawn Lynch, which is what they saw in him coming out of college. Last but not least we have C.J. back for this match up and if he is anywhere near game ready, he will make a difference at some point, as well as will Deven Hester, who is after all, still, Deven Hester.

Our air game has blossomed as well, the birth of our running game and offensive line has forced our opponents to spread their defensive coverage, and they can't cover everything, expect big things in the air from Seattle today, expect bigger things on the ground.

This post wouldn't be complete without also mentioning that in Earl's absence, which is felt, there is no denying that, the gents who have been asked to step up and try to fill his shoes, have done one hell of a good job of making that transition, and after 5 or 6 games, and admittedly having made a fair amount of rookie mistakes, which I might add, have not repeated any of them twice, once identified, are now playing at championship level, and I feel pretty confident in saying that the Legion of Boom is back, alive and well for this match up. They showed us all that they had come full circle against the Lions. I will lastly mention, that I thought that Kelcie McCray, did just a little bit better job than Steven Terrell in filling Earls position. He wasn't on the field long enough for me to say if it just the time and circumstance that he was playing, but whatever the case may be, I was very impressed with the job he did. We will have to trust the coaches know what they are doing, and will fill that position with whichever one of them they feel will fit best in this match up.

Man oh Man I'm so pumped for this game.

Go Seahawksl !!

MagnificentSeven

Reaction score
Welcome Back. For what it's worth, I've been a lurker here for a very long time prior to joining. How long, you ask? Well, I can remember finding this place as an alternative to the Seahawks Message Boards on AOL. Yeah, THAT AOL. I remember the lively conversation of the day centered around the first draft pick of the Mike Holmgren era, (Lamar King), and I remember later that summer when we all commiserated when we learned of Fritz Shurmur's passing, in part because he was going to give us that dominant defense we all were hoping for.

My Post Count may be low, but my tolerance for Internet Tom-foolery is high, so I never stopped coming here for my latest Seahawk fix , regardless of the behavior of the locals. We're all just passionate fans, and we express it in different ways. So, glad you're back Todd, hope you stay around for the meltdown that's sure to follow if the Hawks lose. Calling dibs on the first three new "Fire Bevell" threads now....

LoneHawkFan

Reaction score
There he is! Wooooo Hoooooo!

I can't hardly fu*king sit still for this game!

G O H A W K S

SeahawkSack

Reaction score
Glad you're back Todd, I have been lurking since Seahawks98. Great respect for what you have done and continue to bring to .net

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Ha...Thanks ya'll. Truly it means a lot to me. Even if I am just the senile old man on the hill now, the sentiment is appreciated. I tried really hard to have my return coincide with a Seahawks victory but apparently they didn't get the memo.

;)

Josea16

Reaction score
Aros":1xnvnp9q said:
Ha...Thanks ya'll. Truly it means a lot to me. Even if I am just the senile old man on the hill now, the sentiment is appreciated. I tried really hard to have my return coincide with a Seahawks victory but apparently they didn't get the memo.
;)
Obviously I didn't get the memo either but I'm sorry your comeback could not come with a Seahawk win. I may be a bandwagon fan to you old-timers but you are the reason I am a fan. I started following the Seahawks in 1985 if that helps.

byau

Reaction score
Silver Linings ...(aka reasons I am still pumped)

1. Athletic talent on this team is off the charts
2. Doug Baldwin says win forever is putting yourself in a place to win the SB every year. We got that for the near future
3. Every season Russell has been here = at least 1 playoff win.
4. Every season but one that John and Pete have been here = at least 1 playoff win
5. Tough season this year = more film study = better opportunity to fill up some holes this offseason
6. O-line has some good upside and will have one year under their belt
7. Glimmer of potential of Rawls and Prosise = YES! (can we keep Marcel Reese?)

and lastly

8. AROS IS BACK

Welcome back Aros!

chris98251

Reaction score
Aros":1tmiwv2p said:

;)

It's still sitting on Bevells desk. :)