Ajayi vs gurley who better with our oline ?

who can break the most tackles behind the line of scrimmage ?

• Ajayi

Votes: 6 16.2%
  • Gurley

Votes: 31 83.8%

• Total voters

McGruff

Reaction score
Just got done with a couple of Ajayi's game tapes.

Positives . . .
. . . Explosive when he has a hole
. . . Good vision
. . . Excellent receiver out of the backfield

Negatives
. . . Might be the worst pass blocker I've seen this season
. . . Spends too much time spinning, jumping, etc. exposing his legs and ankles for easy tackles
. . . Likes to kick outside too much instead of taking the hard 3 yards, often resulting in losses.

I don't see him fitting here at all. He's a lesser version of Michael. He doesn't pop on film, doesn't tilt the field, doesn't wow. The Seahawks like explosion at that position . . . either raw power or elite speed and burst, and I don't see either of those on film from Ajayi. He's just a guy.

Chawks1

Reaction score
If Gurley is so much better than Ajayi, then what does that make his backup Chubb? He had nearly the same ypc average as Gurley after Gurley went out....Chubb played 2/3 the season and had 1500 yds.....Gurley definetly looks great but don't discount the line he runs behind.....Ajay's backup avg 3.8 ypc and Ajayi avg 5.3 ypc.

Tough to compare the 2 players. They play in different systems behind different OL. Question really is, which one can run the read option and run behind a zone blocking scheme???

OP
OP
H

hawksurething

Reaction score
Chawks1":21ffddat said:
If Gurley is so much better than Ajayi, then what does that make his backup Chubb? He had nearly the same ypc average as Gurley after Gurley went out....Chubb played 2/3 the season and had 1500 yds.....Gurley definetly looks great but don't discount the line he runs behind.....Ajay's backup avg 3.8 ypc and Ajayi avg 5.3 ypc.

Tough to compare the 2 players. They play in different systems behind different OL. Question really is, which one can run the read option and run behind a zone blocking scheme???

Very great point !!!

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Chawks1":187qboko said:

Well Chubb was more highly regarded and higher ranked than Gurley out of college so...

McGruff

Reaction score
Chawks1":3e5v7biw said:
If Gurley is so much better than Ajayi, then what does that make his backup Chubb?

Just practicing basic transitive property, but I'd say that makes Chubb better than Ajayi.

OP
OP
H

hawksurething

Reaction score
McGruff":2p0t69sh said:
Chawks1":2p0t69sh said:
If Gurley is so much better than Ajayi, then what does that make his backup Chubb?

Just practicing basic transitive property, but I'd say that makes Chubb better than Ajayi.

Actually Chubb is better behind a great line yes...but the best RB at breaking tackles behind the line is Ajayi hands down ! Ajayi is the best RB for the hawks line.

Also Michael can't break tackles behind the line alot which is one of the reasons he can get on the field behind our line.

McGruff

Reaction score
hawksurething":alwczfwb said:
McGruff":alwczfwb said:
Chawks1":alwczfwb said:

Actually Chubb is better behind a great line yes...but the best RB at breaking tackles behind the line is Ajayi hands down ! Ajayi is the best RB for the hawks line.

Also Michael can't break tackles behind the line alot which is one of the reasons he can get on the field behind our line.

Wrong. The reason Michael isn't on the field is becausee 1) he isn't a good blocker, and 2) he isn't decisive running the ball.

Ironically, those are two weaknesses I see in Ajayi. He is a horrendous pass blocker, and he does too much bouncing outside and cutting back.

And honestly, the answer to the original question is probably none of the above. I'd take TJ Yeldon or Josh Robinson behind the line over either Gurley or Ajayi.

OP
OP
H

hawksurething

Reaction score
McGruff":15s474j8 said:
hawksurething":15s474j8 said:
McGruff":15s474j8 said:
Chawks1":15s474j8 said:

Wrong. The reason Michael isn't on the field is becausee 1) he isn't a good blocker, and 2) he isn't decisive running the ball.

Ironically, those are two weaknesses I see in Ajayi. He is a horrendous pass blocker, and he does too much bouncing outside and cutting back.

And honestly, the answer to the original question is probably none of the above. I'd take TJ Yeldon or Josh Robinson behind the line over either Gurley or Ajayi.

OK Ajayi is a horrrible blocker true. But he better bounce it outside & cut back like Barry Sanders behind a weak oline !!!

Yeldon And the rest of the RB get Runs that's blocked for them. They have huge holes to run thru,while AJayi is breaking & shaking tackles in the back field like Lynch. He can learn to pass block in time.

I say no to RBs who can't succeed behind a weak oline.

McGruff

Reaction score
You don't understand our offense at all. Cable doesn't want creativity. He wants guys who stick their foot in the ground, lower their shoulders, and run north south.

chris98251

Reaction score
If a Backs heart isn't into it you can't teach him to block, Alexander was a whiffmaster and they kept trying to teach him and it didn't work, Michael is the same way I think. Forsett for his size was a great blocker, Lynch steps up as well. Why they succeed . Look at the types of players these guys are and you can tell who doesn't mind contact and who does, that tells you something about how they will block.

OP
OP
H

hawksurething

Reaction score
McGruff":1da1fvfi said:
You don't understand our offense at all. Cable doesn't want creativity. He wants guys who stick their foot in the ground, lower their shoulders, and run north south.

Ajayi is just that,plus he can elude penertration.

I think hawks will pick him. we will see. But im always correct about RBs too.

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
Who is better a catching the ball. IMHO blocking can be taught. Also which one would benifit and grow more learning behind lynch?

chris98251

Reaction score
hawksurething":24tl1bpo said:
McGruff":24tl1bpo said:

Always right about WR's and Backs, so which team do you work for as a scout or personnel director? Or are you on ESPN's staff feeding the information to the likes of Mel Kiper?

OP
OP
H

hawksurething

Reaction score
chris98251":3ofw8u35 said:
hawksurething":3ofw8u35 said:
McGruff":3ofw8u35 said:

Always right about WR's and Backs, so which team do you work for as a scout or personnel director? Or are you on ESPN's staff feeding the information to the likes of Mel Kiper?

If I could ever work for the hawk's FO this team would be in the Superbowl and win every year by 14 points. No offense can keep up with my players.

mistaowen

Reaction score
hawksurething":xi58sgnz said:
chris98251":xi58sgnz said:
hawksurething":xi58sgnz said:
McGruff":xi58sgnz said:

If I could ever work for the hawk's FO this team would be in the Superbowl and win every year by 14 points. No offense can keep up with my players.

Which do you think you are more of a master of; WR or RB? Also, are you a linebacker genius?

How many digits of pie can you recite from memory?

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
hawksurething":2op3z6pr said:
chris98251":2op3z6pr said:
hawksurething":2op3z6pr said:
McGruff":2op3z6pr said:

Never stop posting here